test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stalker: The Most Dangerous Game

thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Builds and Roles
So, I've actually had a costume concept in mind for some time. I really like how the voodoo body paint works with the various other bits from the Sovereign Sons set, and had an idea to use those pieces together to make a warrior in sort of the same vain as Kraven the Hunter. Not a bad idea, but I wasn't sure exactly how I'd accomplish a character like that, which wasn't a retread of my previous muntions toons, of which I have a number.

Then the claws costume set came out :) Without hyperbole, the fanged bone skull was a perfect matchup to how the rest of Stalker's costume set came together. It really fits his tribal hunter vibe quite nicely. Pics to come for that :)

Anyway, I've never done a claws character before, and I did want to get some input on how to proceed with him. This is what I've got down so far. I haven't fully specced his advantage points as yet, but I'd like some input into how best to accomplish that. My goal with him was to build a durable single target focused melee character, sort of in the vein of "Kraven", maybe with a bit of Wolverine thrown in. That's why he has the bolo toss ability, and the evasive maneuvers skill. I'd be open to other suggestions on that though.

I did consider making him a Night Warrior build, but having leveled a couple of those, I'm not very happy with how squishy they are for alerts and rampages. The stealth they offer is pretty much worthless in AoE heavy fights.

Edit: Oh, and thermal reverb is a standin for the new MA energy unlock, whose name escapes me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Master
Level 6: Martial Focus
Level 9: Physical Conditioning
Level 12: Body and Mind
Level 15: Relentless
Level 18: Bodybuilder
Level 21: Covert Ops Training

Powers:
Level 1: Hawk's Talons
Level 1: Viper's Fangs (Spitting Cobra)
Level 6: Thunderbolt Lunge
Level 8: Quarry (Rank 2, Fair Game)
Level 11: Dragon's Claws
Level 14: Form of the Tiger
Level 17: Tiger's Bite (Mouth of Madness)
Level 20: Bolas (Nailed to the Ground)
Level 23: Inexorable Tides
Level 26: Intensity
Level 29: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Thermal Reverberation
Level 38: Aggressor

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Athletics
Level 35: Vine Swinging

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Power Swell (2/2)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (2/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (1/2)
Dexterity: Quick Reflexes (2/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (1/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (1/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (1/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Here's how I'd prob tweak the build:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Impresario
    Level 9: Quick Recovery
    Level 12: Covert Ops Training
    Level 15: Acrobat
    Level 18: Physical Conditioning
    Level 21: Martial Focus

Powers:
    Level 1: Hawk's Talons
    Level 1: Viper's Fangs (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Thunderbolt Lunge
    Level 14: Steadfast
    Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 20: Dragon's Claws (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Tiger's Bite (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Evasive Maneuvers (Rank 2, Sleight of Mind)
    Level 32: Inexorable Tides (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 38: Parry (Rank 2)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Vine Swinging

Specializations:
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (1/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Should be a bit more survivable and efficient overall. Bolas aren't really adding much more than visual flair here, since dps builds w/o Manip or hold debuffs don't gain much at all from using holds. Gear should still be focused on Dex and Con here.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Thanks Flowcyto. If you don't mind my asking, why is WoTW better for this build than Quarry?
  • Options
    Well, I dropped Int SS for one, and Quarry isn't as good w/o Int to fuel Audacity. Also cause this build is using melee attacks, so WotW seemed more fitting. Its also cause WotW offers quite more dodge/avoid than Quarry, while still being an offensive passive.

Ya can still use Quarry just fine, but for my version of the build I probably wouldn't place it as one of my top passive choices.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    *nods* Gotcha. Thanks :) I'm a great admirer of your builds, and I appreciate the input. I'm probably going to go ahead with the build you've suggested, maybe tweaked a bit for my own fun. Is there a preferred method for using MA claws? I assume its based largely on just stacking shredded debuffs, and then consuming them?
  • Options
    3 basic ways, and all take Shredded (cause its silly not to take such an easy to apply debuff for the set):

1. Put up Shredded (VF), spam DC, refresh Shredded as needed. Simple, easy on energy, efficient, and allows ya to use both Wardicator and less power slots. DC w/ shredded is strong dps just by itself.
    2. same as above, but consume Shredded w/ TB before it'd fall off. Can be a bit higher burst dps than 1. but takes more energy and an extra power slot.
    3. Spec for Brawler's Setup, using VFangs to Setup either charged DC or charged TB. Latter is more dps, but also much harder to afford.

All can use either FotT or FotTiger. FotTiger is more reliable but also requires you to use DC and/or TB pretty often, but FotT works fine too.

I have a claw fighter using the Setup + VF -> TB thing now, and if ya can get the energy sorted its quite high single-target dps. Used to be harder cause I had to go w/ MSA and a lunge + some Int to make it work (mostly). Now its a bit easier w/ Steadfast as the EU. Just gotta stack Dex sky-high, get some Cost Discount on gear, and maybe STR PSS w/ Physical Peak (if ya wanna be sturdier vs. Dex PSS).

VF can also apply Deadly Poison w/ its special adv, so ya can get some cross-set synergy there w/ SN powers- can even make a Strength-based claw set w/ AotB working from Poison now (or an Int_Ego-based one w/ AotI).
  • Options
    ravynhawkeravynhawke Posts: 20 Arc User
    If you don't like the animation for DC, you can use Dragon Kick instead for the Rush like I did with my Claw's character. The cone for Dragon Kick hits the same area as Viper's Fangs, doesn't do as much single target damage as Dragon's Claws with it's increased crit severity though.