test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rebuilding my fire DPS

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Builds and Roles
Ok... so after running TA a few times I'm looking to rebuild my fire DPS build... currently she's built for solo content running as her passive... but I'd like to switch her back to an offensive passive now that I can use Absorb Heat to the same effect as regen...

PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers:
Level 1: Throw Fire
Level 1: Fireball (Rank 2, Unstable Accelerant)
Level 6: Heat Wave (Engulfing Flames)
Level 8: Thermal Reverberation
Level 11: Fiery Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Pyre (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
Level 23: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 26: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Chilled Form
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations:

I'm not sure if I should keep her stats as EGO/Con/End... i'm considering END/Con/Dex... currently she's running Guardicator not sure if I should stick to Guardicator for her or try something else on her...

I'm completely open to suggestions... even taking powers from out of set if they can reasonably fit a fire based build... Honestly... I could even see her build using 2 passives and build swapping between them depending on what I'm doing...
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I know the advantages of Force Shield, but I think other shields would work better. Do you need the energy that much?

If you want lingering defense, TK Shield works better. Fire shield will apply clinging flames at times, and you will block a lot in TA. More sources of clinging flames will help this build.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Conflag is the best no-cd dps power Fire has, so def stick that in there. Otherwise the build is mostly fine thus far.

I'd prob load up on ADs and/or a threat wipe, and/or Rebirth to round it out. The 2-passive thing is completely up to you; if ya think you'd get good mileage from a 2nd passive setup then go for it. Current stats are good for dps too, though INT PSS could also work if ya switched to Conc, DEX PSS could work if keeping Chilled Form, and END PSS wouldn't be ideal for dps but could ease up energy concerns greatly.

If ur tired of Guardicator, then Avenger + Vind works here if ur using Conflag, as RA + Aggressive Stance and Round Em Up + Mass Destruction will combine pretty well here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options

I know the advantages of Force Shield, but I think other shields would work better. Do you need the energy that much?

If you want lingering defense, TK Shield works better. Fire shield will apply clinging flames at times, and you will block a lot in TA. More sources of clinging flames will help this build.

Force shield gets me the lingering shield while still looking like a fire shield... honestly it looks more like a fire shield than fire shield does >.<
    flowcyto said:

Conflag is the best no-cd dps power Fire has, so def stick that in there. Otherwise the build is mostly fine thus far.

I'd prob load up on ADs and/or a threat wipe, and/or Rebirth to round it out. The 2-passive thing is completely up to you; if ya think you'd get good mileage from a 2nd passive setup then go for it. Current stats are good for dps too, though INT PSS could also work if ya switched to Conc, DEX PSS could work if keeping Chilled Form, and END PSS wouldn't be ideal for dps but could ease up energy concerns greatly.

If ur tired of Guardicator, then Avenger + Vind works here if ur using Conflag, as RA + Aggressive Stance and Round Em Up + Mass Destruction will combine pretty well here.

ok... maybe I should just make her passive her final power selection and swap it out as needed... I solo on her a lot, and TA groups are a once a week thing for me... so I'll see how she does with Fiery Form in solo and if I need to then I'll switch back to Regen for solo content...

I'll give Avenger/Vindicator a shot
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    So this is what I've settled on... with my passive at the end to easily swap if needed...

PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name: Serien

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Void
    Level 6: Field Ops Training
    Level 9: Survival Training
    Level 12: Sniper Training
    Level 15: Ascetic
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves
    Level 21: Daredevil

Powers:
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Fireball (Rank 2, Unstable Accelerant)
    Level 6: Heat Wave (Rank 2, Engulfing Flames)
    Level 8: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 11: Conflagration (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 14: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Pyre (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
    Level 23: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 26: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Chilled Form
    Level 32: Empathic Healing
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Fiery Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Fire Flight
    Level 35: Blazing Speed

Specializations:
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Anguish (2/2)
    Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
    Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
    Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

powerhouse testing looks promising...
    [Combat (Self)] Your Fireball deals 12376 (10042) Fire Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy A.

I tried END/Con/Dex as well but wasn't able to get nearly as high damage output... had 12k health though which was nice... my damage seemed to top out at 8.8k Fireball crits with END PSS... though that might have been due to a lack of Dex in my gear... My crit damage with Conflagration was in the 2k range with both setups... the lack of Dex gear resulted in not critting very often with END PSS though, so I couldn't accurately test that setup...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yeah End PSS isn't a good dps option, unless ur really struggling for energy and can't find any other outs to alleviate it. Its more of an energy + semi-survival tree atm, w/ Hardened being pretty nice if End-stacking, and the Offense from Power Overwhelming being able to help grant some Defense via Aggressive Stance.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!