test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kevin Poe's Breakaway Shot

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
May I request to make this panzy's breakaway shot less frequent. I mean seriously, he jumps away way too often even with ranged tank characters. I know Poe is a scrub mobster boss, but this is just annoying. I'd rather fight Ao'que-whatshisname than deal with this monkey.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• Options
    jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    Get his back to a wall. It's not hard, except maybe in Recruiting Drive. Even in Recruiting Drive, it's only a problem if your team has one of those people that thinks that pulling the entire map is funny. Although, to be fair, that's pretty common.
  • Options

Get his back to a wall. It's not hard, except maybe in Recruiting Drive. Even in Recruiting Drive, it's only a problem if your team has one of those people that thinks that pulling the entire map is funny. Although, to be fair, that's pretty common.

It may be easy in Bank Robbery and Museum Heist, but the other alerts with him are just plain annoying. I tried trapping him beside the truck in rad rumble, turns out he can just jump over it. What's more annoying is his Breakaway shot doesn't seem to have a cooldown same as ours.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

May I request to make this panzer breakaway shot less frequent.

Fixed that for you. :D

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    He was a complete pain in the arse when levelling on my latest character. I had to actually force him into the bomb area to pin him down.

If anything...his Breakaway Shot should come with Microfilament Wire advantage, so melee fighters are dragged towards his location. Just because Kevin Poe.
  • Options
    Kevin Poe is one of the only alert bosses that provides an engaging encounter, and you want him to be less engaging. He isn't difficult, but at least he does things that the player might need to actively counter. You might as well ask for him to be replaced with a button mashing quicktime event.
  • Options

Kevin Poe is one of the only alert bosses that provides an engaging encounter, and you want him to be less engaging. He isn't difficult, but at least he does things that the player might need to actively counter. You might as well ask for him to be replaced with a button mashing quicktime event.

I wouldn't call his fighting style "engaging" since he runs away most of the time. If we could cancel his flip mid-way and gets knocked upwards, then that would be engaging.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    He's a tricky boss to fight if you are a melee or short-range character (because time spent chasing him runs down the clock).

There aren't many Alert bosses that are anything but autowin. I think, generally, they should be tougher.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I have to say I think he's fun. He's a rare boss that does something other than stand there and shoot at me.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Oh I forgot to tell you he uses the player version of Shadow Blast so if you are unlucky to get hit by it and the by he stupidly OP Shadow Embrace and don't block you end dead.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well, a good boss fight is one where you have a chance of dying. I actually did fight him recently, and I lost because him and 4 or so goons mobbed me all at once. After I respawned I beat him with little issue.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User

Oh I forgot to tell you he uses the player version of Shadow Blast so if you are unlucky to get hit by it and the by he stupidly OP Shadow Embrace and don't block you end dead.

Yeah...it shocked me how strong his Shadow Embrace is...wasn't expecting that.
  • Options
    is shadow embrace what he uses to rapidly replenish lost life while severely damaging yours if you aren't blocking or is that something else? (probably lifedrain, considering he uses darkness powers)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Shadow Embrace is the cone attack with wavy dark tendrils.

Are you guys talking about his boss fight damage, or that crazy damage he sometimes does in Grabs?
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The thing that annoys me about this... is that K. Poe's Breakaway Shot is amazing! One of the things I always yearned for as a Silver Player was to get a FF slot to make a toon with Breakaway Shot just because K. Poe makes it look so cool. I subbed now and...

It's quite underperforming. It only hits once and the target has already catched up with you by the time you land.

Some changes I would make for the player version:

- Make it hit 3+ times like K. Poe's version does
    - Put a short Snare on the target so that it doesn't immediately catch up with you (make it an Adv. if you want to)

• Options
    Is it really that difficult to spend two seconds running forward?

I'm all for making the game hate melee less, but this is just silly. Following is a thing.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I hardly see a problem with his Breakaway shot... if anything the player version needs to be more reflective of his... and to my knowledge NPCs don't have CDs on any of their powers due to how the AI is programmed... I could be mistaken on that though, but if memory serves that was an answer given in the old Ask Cryptic...

His Shadow Embrace & Life Drain on the otherhand... His Shadow Embrace is stupidly overpowered... and his Life Drain heals far faster than it should (same with Ao'qephoth's & Mademsuel Nocturn's)...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    No, make him do it even more. It's one of the few times an NPC feigns any sort of intelligent behavior.