test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Valkyri: Crowd Control Archery

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
I've been leveling my archer again lately... at lv35 now and I've found myself at a bit of a loss... I can't for the life of me figure out what I should take for her final 2 powers >.<

PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name: Valkyri

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Marksman
Level 6: Sniper Training
Level 9: Command Training
Level 12: Survival Training
Level 15: Diplomatic
Level 18: Finesse
Level 21: Coordinated

Powers:
Level 1: Strafe
Level 1: Taser Arrow (Rank 2, Aftershock)
Level 6: Sonic Arrow (Rank 2, Deadly Dissonance)
Level 8: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Hunter's Instinct
Level 14: Storm of Arrows (Rank 2, Achilles' Heel)
Level 17: Gas Arrow (Rank 2, Noxious Fumes)
Level 20: Manipulator
Level 23: Conviction
Level 26: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Deafening Dissolution)
Level 29: Toxic Nanites (Rank 2, Nerve Damage)
Level 32: Retaliation
Level 35:
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations:
Intelligence: Enlightened (2/3)
Intelligence: Battle of Wits (3/3)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (1/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
Overseer: Overseer Aura (1/3)
Overseer: Impact (2/2)
Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    You can take Masterful Dodge and Evasive Maneauvers with its advantage and rank up Retalation to Rank 2
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    I'd prob prioritize ranking up Conviction before the block enhancer. Could also take an AO or a self-res - those or an AD or threat wipe would be good. Sonic Device is also a bit redundant w/ Sonic Arrow, and I dun really consider Taser to be that great (high cost, long charge time, low dps).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Taser arrow isn't there for the damage, it's primarily there for the 45 second paralyze. And with INT PSS, Cost Discount Utilities, and 2 specs that reduce the cost of paralyzes, the energy cost really isn't a problem... Sonic Arrow & Sonic Device are my primary sources of damage.

As for sonic device, I use it more to for wide area stuns with Storm of Arrows and extra spike damage on bosses with Sonic Arrow. Sonic device and sonic arrow may both provide the same function, but tht very reason also makes sonic device still highly useful even with sonic arrow already taken. Sonic device does some pretty heavy damage, so its great for spike damage even when it's stun seems redundant, and it's got a good duration stun so it's great for adding a strong CC where there otherwise isn't one.

Note: spreading AoE stun with Sonic Device + Storm of Arrows is purely to stun enemies to take some damage off of myself or allies for a few moments, since Storm of Arrows can already apply withered via its root advantage. It also makes for a decent alpha strike on groups of enemies since the damage spike from sonic device will usually outright defeat henchmen and the rest of the maintain will finish off villians, leaving only master villains and enforcers standing usually.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    I am aware of the other benefits to Sonic Device here, and that's why I said a bit redundant and not completely so.

Roots can't apply Wither or Sentinel Mastery, so yeah you'd still need to use the Sonic powers that stun and Storm's root to proc every spec-related debuff ya want here. Taser can proc everything by itself, but its inefficient for that, imo.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    flowcyto said:

I am aware of the other benefits to Sonic Device here, and that's why I said a bit redundant and not completely so.

Roots can't apply Wither or Sentinel Mastery, so yeah you'd still need to use the Sonic powers that stun and Storm's root to proc every spec-related debuff ya want here. Taser can proc everything by itself, but its inefficient for that, imo.

yea I realized that a moment ago... was still loading up the game when I posted earlier... so i guess it turns out using Sonic Device on Storm gets me Wither & Trapped in a wide area since Storm applies Trapped normally

Taser Arrow is still good for locking down enemies that have been separated from the group to pull them out of combat while the party deals with the rest of the group... thats what i mainly use it for, she is a crowd controller after all...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Taser was alright as a long ranged opener for CC when I used it on a Manip build. Hit the strongest villain w/ it from afar. Wouldn't say its essential to how that toon played, though, and groups that rushed would nullify that opportunity. More of a niche thing, but if ya have room in the build for it then its fine.