test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doctor Strange teaser

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
Ooo, I was already looking forward to this movie because Doctor Strange is one of my more favorite characters in Marvel, and the fact I think Benedict Cumberbatch was the perfect choice to play the role of Doctor Stephen Strange, but this trailer gives me the happies because it doesn't look like they are going to skimp on the metaphysical at all and go full tilt.
​​
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Marvel seems to be upping Moondragon's power levels in the movies >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    But still not as powerful as Danvers :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    nepht said:

Because all bald mystic people are Moondragon.

nepht said:

Well its not bloody Professor X is it.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    nepht said:

nepht said:

It's the Ancient One. Who got gender-swapped because reasons (i.e. they just felt like doing it).

nepht said:

nepht said:

It's the Ancient One. Who got gender-swapped because reasons (i.e. they just felt like doing it).
    My money is still on it being Moondragon so they can have her in The Avengers movies >_>

Marvel has messed about mushed two characters into one before look at Jarvis and The Vision. So it could be actually be both.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    The shot at the end showing a bit of that classic window design was enough to get me into the theater. I am excited.

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    That thing was a major focal point from what I read. Like, they really needed to get that thing right.

I never read a Dr. Strange comic, so I dunno what the symbol of the Sanctum Sanctorum means, but they really put some effort into it.
    biffsig.jpg

I never read a Dr. Strange comic, so I dunno what the symbol of the Sanctum Sanctorum means, but they really put some effort into it.

I have no idea what it means either, but it's iconic and quite recognizable.
    It's just the design on his window...I've read a good bit of Dr Strange and I don't think the meaning of the symbol is ever explained, it is just one of those things that needs to be there.

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    But I get the impression the design will have more significance in this movie, in that Dr. Strange's amulet has the same design over it.

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    That's called the Eye of Agamato.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Yep, with two "Ts". Assuming they use that name in the movie. ;) But it doesn't have that pattern over it in the comics.

It's even on the window in his house. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    nepht said:

nepht said:

Hey, hey, don't be kickin' ponies just cause of moonwhatever o3o

Blood Borne? Moon Tails? wut?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

It's even on the window in his house. :p

It was always on the window of his house, but yeah having that same design on the amulet is something new.

Here is hoping for Shuma Gorath or Yandroth, Scientist Supreme will be in the sequels!

edited May 2016
    Oh, that's not movie art. :p it's from the Avengers Alliance game.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Oh, that's not movie art. :p it's from the Avengers Alliance game.

Marvel, unlike Fox and Warner Brothers, have been faithful to a fault to their comic book adaptations. Only making changes as it would seem necessary. While the plot lines have had to be different from their comic counter parts, the over all aesthetic has been pretty spot on.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

Marvel, unlike Fox and Warner Brothers, have been faithful to a fault to their comic book adaptations. Only making changes as it would seem necessary. While the plot lines have had to be different from their comic counter parts, the over all aesthetic has been pretty spot on.​​

Deadpool was spot on.

nepht wrote: »
    Deadpool was spot on.

Probably because Ryan Reynolds, despite his less than stellar movie career, seems to have been made for the part of Deadpool and pretty much loves the character, and wouldn't let that go. but then again seeing the X franchise and how little respect they paid to the source material or characters is another issue entirely.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    The amulet was more or less a housing for the eye of agamotto and in the pictures from the movie it does sort of look like that is what they're going for, imagine it opening up magically and the eye held within floating out. The amulet is the house for the eye and the window on the amulet has the same design as the window on the house of Dr Strange. Exciting Stuff, though I kind of hope they don't over explain what it means and just let it be what it is.

Actually... in some media the amulet IS show to have an eyelid of sorts. solid metal, but it opens when the eye is used.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters