test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Theme build] The Legendary Super Saiyan

grimvanegrimvane Posts: 49 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Builds and Roles
Fun leveling build, self-reliant, flexible, bombastic, entry level gear req., serves a purpose in groups.

Name: The Legendary Super Saiyan

Archetype: Freeform

6 Strength (Primary)
10 Constitution (Secondary)
15 Dexterity (Secondary)

1 The Impulse (End: 10, Int: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 8)
6 Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
9 Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
12 Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
15 Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
18 Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
21 Jack of All Trades (All: 2)

1 Clobber (advantages)
1 Mighty Leap (advantages)
6 Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
8 Defiance (advantages)
11 Thunderclap (Rank 2, Collateral Damage, Challenging Strikes)
14 Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
17 Molecular Self-Assembly
20 Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
23 Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
26 Inertial Dampening Field (Rank 2, Rank 3)
29 Unbreakable (advantages)
32 Vengeance (Rank 2, Redemption Denied)
35 Tremor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
38 Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Expansive Intellect)

Advantage points: 35 / 36

Strength Tree (10/10)
Swole (3/3)
Physical Peak (2/3)
Juggernaut (3/3)
Overpower (2/3)

Warden Tree (10/10)
Fortified Gear (3/3)
Slaughter (3/3)
Ruthless (1/2)
The Best Defense (3/3)

Guardian Tree (10/10)
Fortified Gear (3/3)
Ruthless (2/2)
Tenacious (2/2)
The Best Defense (3/3)

Strength Mastery (1/1)

I open with Mighty Leap-->Thunderclap (2 second stun & threat gen)--> TK Maelstrom (2 second stun)--> Vengeance (2 second stun) --> Tremor (Knock up AOE and just really cool to slam your foot into the ground and have shards of rubble explode into the air) and anything still standing gets Defensive Combo (+1 Defiant stack/43% melee combo Crit chance). The first 3 attacks all have a CD, so that gets MSA up and running, rotating Mighty Leap or Thunderclap can keep it going.

Tremor is a ranged knock up, which is nice, could that be used to build enrage stacks quickly? I initially went away from enrage because I didn't like knocking things away from myself or more importantly the group but I may give it a try with tremor.

I personally like running 2x The Best Defense but maybe Wardicator is better, I wouldn't know.

As far as gear, you may need some recovery somewhere until you get your MSA up and running, at level 40 I'm just gearing super stats, Dex being the least important but still very well represented. There are level 40 blues that may actually be superior to rank 5 modded Mercenary gear.

As far as the powers are concerned, there is a lot of flexibility as to what you take when. Clobber and Defensive combo are the only two punching animations that I like (didn't Beatdown used to be a 1-2 punch combo, quick left uppercut followed by a right overhand cross? It just looks slappy now, Slapdown). Tremor and Veangeance are somewhat redundant. Enrage and Aggressor could probably be swapped in pretty easily.

Theme powers I really like that didn't make the final cut: Force Eruption, Force Blast, and Protection Field.
Post edited by grimvane on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,776 Arc User
    I would take Wardicator or Guardicator, yes (I'd also take 2/3 Fort Gear and 2/2 Ruthless in Warden). Also, IDF is lowering ur dmg output and energy return. I'd prob replace it w/ a normal toggle (prob FotT), and also not have to worry about ranking it up. W/ a normal toggle and EU, ya dun necc need Defiance's energy either- if ya wanted to try other passives or roles.

I'd think it a missed opportunity to make a DBZ char, but not use something from MA like 100Hands? Not into the series much, but just throwing that out there. Also, I can't tell if this is meant to be a formal group tank or not. I'd also get Conviction over BCR, since the latter is giving ya a 10% final dmg penalty when its up, and this build isn't dodge-based anyways.

And yea, I'd prob cut down some of the redundant powers, but if its for the theme/feel of it then that's alright.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    I was never really into the series either. The character I'm emulating is actually in contrast with the MA stuff. His "fighting style mostly consists of torturous wrestling moves, clotheslining, stomps, body slams and anything else that utilizes his large body mass."

This video starting around 11:25 is a pretty good demonstration of what I'm goiing for. I'm going to check out HW and the Foxbat's Imaginary stuff, I haven't checked out all the earth powers yet, and I just noticed Gravitic Ripple and Nuclear Smash at the onslaught vendor, those sound really promising!

I have my own backstory and internal RP, I don't really want to be a "DBZ character." My ideal archetype is like an intelligent Incredible Hulk with the energy powers of a toned-down combo of Green Lantern and Sue Storm. And I can fly. I could've probably named the build "Mary Sue-perion."

I actually don't like BCR's animation special effect so I'll definitely give Conviction a look, and I'll check out the other powers too. MSA seemed to work best with a melee/ranged combo build, but EU's are something that I never really paid much attention too when I played 4-5 years ago. I am a defiance energy addict, is there a support group for that? Other passives and roles sound interesting.

The build isn't a formal anything, a hybrid for sure. I think I'm a serviceable tank in Alerts/Rampages but I won't overshadow a real tank if one is present. I can carry a weaker group in a grab pretty easily, but I'm not nuking anything, just stunning and burning them all down.

I really don't want to think about stacks of anything or mechanics in general while I'm playing, but I would like the playstyle that appeals to me to be viable in a group setting.
  • Options
    So it sounds more like a Might character w/ some energy-based moves- rather than a super-speedy fighter. Fair enough.

I think ya may want to test around w/ diff attacks in the PH and see which ones ya really like the most. Its tempting to just load up on a bunch of attacks for RP, but from a practical standpoint its not really efficient to build that way. If ya have a tighter set of attacks, its easier to build around them.

I would at least switch to a normal toggle- FotTempest is the easiest, since it procs off any crit, but it scales w/ Dex. If ya wanna be Str-heavy then ya can take Enrage, though ya may want more attacks that can knock. I won't give much other advise atm since I think its better to iron out the attack choices first.

<CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Conviction and Tempest are both great suggestions. I'm level 32 now on a version of this toon.

Here is where my build is at: LINK

Do you know if Focused Strikes will work with Defensive Combo? Do I have room for Force Eruption/Gravitational Polarity? Should i be looking at another Active Defense like Unbreakable? I really don't like Uppercut's animation, but Haymaker is ok if I'm spam tapping it, do I need a heavy hitter like Haymaker?

I went with Aggressor because it gives me @500 life right now (R1) in addition to the damage buff so it has a survivability element to it.
  • Options
    Defense Combo seems to be flagged as single target for the first 2 hits, and the last hit is a small AoE and is flagged as such.

I wouldn't bother w/ Grav Polarity, but if ya want Force Eruption for the theme and added AoE, then that's okay. I'd be fine w/ just Tremor and TClap, though. Force Eruption's ability to be used when held is alright, but rather situational for PvE use.

Tweaking that build, though not making it a formal group tank:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Master
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training
    Level 9: Acrobat
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning
    Level 15: Martial Focus
    Level 18: Quick Recovery
    Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Mighty Leap
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Tremor (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Thunderclap (Rank 2, Collateral Damage)
    Level 26: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:

Travel Powers:
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Aggression (2/2)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (1/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)