test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Masquerade's guide to FoxbatCon: the Real Foxbat!

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
So this mission seems pretty straight forward and easy to complete once you know the mission locations, however there are some people who aren't getting the most out of this quick, easy, and now repeatable mission. I think you'll find this illustrated guide helpful for your future runs.

Step 1 (optional): Dress up like Foxbat.

So there's nothing wrong with doing this mission in your normal hero outfits, but this is foxbatCon and Cosplayers make everything better at conventions:

Much Better.

Step 2: Find Cardboard Heroes and Captain Video.

They're right across the street from the Ren Center and the Jet. If you did this mission before you'll need to pay a full year's worth of late fees even if you only rented the video yesterday. Guess that explains why video and DVD rentals are dying out.

Step 3: Find the Cod Father.

That's it on the right. There's a ARGENT cyborg near by but he clearly thinks Masq's Foxbat outfit is the bomb and wisely doesn't start anything.

Step 4: Find this guy

Ya, him.

Step 5: Go to the Penthouse and confront Foxbat

Pointing your finger at someone is a good way to start a fight

Step 6: Get into an epic fight

Remember in the comics these things need to last at least eight panels or 3 pages or it's not a real fight

Step 7: talk to the now cowering Foxbat

You need to do this to complete the mission

Step 8 (optional): Use your cowboyification ray on Foxbat

Or if you don't have one yet you can just pelt him with ping pong balls or slap him with fishes.

Step 9 (optional): go upstairs and steal his fishies

Step 10 (not optional): Check out the Foxbat Bed. Jump on Foxbat bed.

And that's it you're done. How many minutes you spend jumping on the Foxbat bed is entirely up to you I'd recommend at least
three, I mean how often are you going to get the chance to jump on a villain's bed?

Comments

• Options
    grimvanegrimvane Posts: 49 Arc User
    Don't forget to examine the Foxbat on the balcony while you're there, otherwise you won't be able to unlock the Foxbatmobile at the end of the event :wink:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yeah, AFAIK you can't actually get to the balcony.... also, it's a robot doppelgänger of Foxbat.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

yeah, AFAIK you can't actually get to the balcony.... also, it's a robot doppelgänger of Foxbat.

You can't, Grimvane was being silly, you can jump into the ceiling, and maybe reload the map (by quickly logging out and logging in) to respawn on the roof, but that's about the only way you're getting onto that balcony.
  • Options
    Hmm... I'll have to try that... :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    Great guide GH!

And the Foxbat v. Foxbat battle with Ping-Pong ball guns....EPIC!

(Also...who knew a lady foxbat could look so hot? ;) )
  • Options

Great guide GH!

And the Foxbat v. Foxbat battle with Ping-Pong ball guns....EPIC!

(Also...who knew a lady foxbat could look so hot? ;) )

Thanks, Masq's tagline should be "Needlessly sexy since '13"
  • Options
    About step 2: there's a lot of Captain Video and Cardboard heroes stores. But I only know of one place where they're next to a Codfather's location. It's a small shopping area just east of PSI headquarters. Yeah it's not close to Ren Cen, but it is pretty close to City Hall.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

About step 2: there's a lot of Captain Video and Cardboard heroes stores. But I only know of one place where they're next to a Codfather's location. It's a small shopping area just east of PSI headquarters. Yeah it's not close to Ren Cen, but it is pretty close to City Hall.

You're talking about this location:

It has all three, however you need to pick up the mission over in the Ren Center, so the two across the street are easier to pick up as you make your way toward the city steps, I couldn't get him in the shot but I'm standing right next to a foxbat, so if you're doing the foxbat hunt, and this foxbat is on your list this would be the place to go to get the items, but otherwise there's a lot of back tracking.
  • Options
    Hmm.. perhaps. Or some other nearby Foxbat. Either way it's one stop instead of 2.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Well it's a possible location that's for sure, I just find going from Ren center, to the strip mall to the right of Psi, back to city hall, and the doubling back once again to the penthouse is a bit more of a jaunt then what I've outlined in my guide. But the guide is meant mostly for laughs for my 1000th post. I really don't expect anyone to follow these steps to the letter.
  • Options
    Well it's a possible location that's for sure, I just find going from Ren center, to the strip mall to the right of Psi, back to city hall, and the doubling back once again to the penthouse is a bit more of a jaunt then what I've outlined in my guide. But the guide is meant mostly for laughs for my 1000th post. I really don't expect anyone to follow these steps to the letter.
    WHAT!?

I've been jumping on the bed every time! And now I don't have to?!

:'( sad panda :'(
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

Hmmm... good point, I didn't think about how you have to fly there, to city hall then back past it.... Now I have the insane urge to document every Cardboard Heroes, Captain Video and Codfather's in MC. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited April 2016

WHAT!?

I've been jumping on the bed every time! And now I don't have to?!

:'( sad panda :'(

Oh, that part you have to do. The meant the other things are optional.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Hmmm... good point, I didn't think about how you have to fly there, to city hall then back past it.... Now I have the insane urge to document every Cardboard Heroes, Captain Video and Codfather's in MC. :p

Well . . .

You'll find a Cardboard Heroes and Captain Video about a street over from Silverback and the Mechanon missions

There's a Codfather almost behind the unnamed city hall building on the left of City Hall

Just down the street from that there's this CH

And look what we find just around the corner.

You can find this CH in the parking lot across the street form Kevin Poe's sewer hide out.

And this is behind MCPD Captain Martian's police station (where you go to get your first nemesis mission).

Those are all the locations I know off the top of my head. There may be more. I still think the route I had in my guide is the fastest.
  • Options
    Hehe, probably.:p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    I should add this note as I discovered it the other day: The Cardboard Heroes with the green doors don't seem to work, at least neither of those two I have pictured here seems to work. The Captain Video with the green door worked at least the one behind the police station did, but neither Cardboard Heroes with the green doors seemed to work.
  • Options
    Some of them have weird interact points. It's often not the door that is the center of the interact. Some of them it seems to be a window. Those it might be bugged so that it's not where it makes sense, or maybe where you can't actually interact.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Some of them have weird interact points. It's often not the door that is the center of the interact. Some of them it seems to be a window. Those it might be bugged so that it's not where it makes sense, or maybe where you can't actually interact.

Yes, the captain video with the green door behind the police station for example, has an access point parallel with the windows rather then the recessed door.
  • Options
    So I just tried the one behind city hall, and yeah... I checked the entire outside of the building, I didn't find any interact point... only a dozen Gadroon.... poor Gadroon....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Long story short: Stick to the Guide :D
  • Options
    yeah, it's pretty good. :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    I bet it's pretty hard for the devs to keep track of all the different storefronts used in the game, and especially during events like this that use them, to go through and populate each one of them with an interact button.

I would imagine it becomes a time vs. reward issue too. Do you have a dev spend 10 hours putting buttons on all the locations or 1 hour just putting them in the most popular/well travelled spots?
  • Options
    also... there is the yellow circle.... supposedly you're supposed to find it inside there.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

I bet it's pretty hard for the devs to keep track of all the different storefronts used in the game, and especially during events like this that use them, to go through and populate each one of them with an interact button.

I would imagine it becomes a time vs. reward issue too. Do you have a dev spend 10 hours putting buttons on all the locations or 1 hour just putting them in the most popular/well travelled spots?

I think they have doors of a certain type programmed but might not be aware of where all the shops are. There are a ton in the city center, easily one per block, and thus some work and some don't. Really the only reason to visit these other sites is if you're doing a Foxbat hunt along with the real Foxbat mission, and even then you'd only try these alternate sites if you're hunting Foxbat in the city center.