test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Lagspike and Framedrops] Devana Hawke's Gas Arrow - Hurricane - Fire Breath

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Gameplay Bugs
First of all let me start by mentioning my apprication for the DEV team for fixing TK Maelstorm!

Thank you very much, this Power has been hunting me with lag years now! Now that the Debris was removed I can use it without lag myself and others onion-22.gif

I will also would like to remind and report more powers which cause Major FPS Drops, investigate

Devana Hawke's Gas Arrow (no idea if player's Gas Arrow deal the same problem since I don't PvP) Since her Introducion in alerts, Devana has been the bane of existance for my framerates.
Her Gas Arrow visuals are taking over so many resource my Frames drop dramatically! this paired with her incredible STUN power which triggers more than the player's version.
The only way to complety avoid this, is to set the Visual FX on low, where it complety removes the toxic cloud

Hurricane: Since the Introduction of Wind powers!
Some people claim they have zero lag, some others claim it destroy their framerates!
You cannot deny, this power use too many visual resources! I use it on 2 characters and I lag myself! Worst when someone else use it while I play witha Melee character
The Perfect Storm ADV just makes things worse

Interesting enough, I still get lag even with Visual FX on low

Fire Breath Not a fan of Breath-type powers ingame
I get lag spikes when a player, enemy or the Fireflight summon device use it

I had been experienced lag spike issue with those powers the last 4 years
also worth mentioning:
Fireball
Shoulder Launcher
Defile

Sidenote: Please avoid posting "Oh i don't have framerate issue so it works fine"
Some people claimed they had ZERO issue with TK Maelstorm, but as you can see it got fixed because it was causing trouble to others
Heck, even my friend who runs CO in a MONSTER PC for gaming has issue with Hurricane​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Also something to add here
    I see to found out why Gas Arrow is such a FPS killer thanks to a recent PTS phenomenon with Kigatilik
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Fixed a bug where Kigatilik's snow storm was creating a snow storm for each target hit.
    [*] Fixed a bug where kigatilik's snow storm was not centered on himself.

With this on related entry, I just realized the reason why Devana Hawke's Gas Arrow is such a frame rate killer, as well as seeing her today applying multiply toxic clouds
    BUG: Devana Hawke's Gas Arrow applies an individual cloud for each player effected by the main one!
    her attack basically cause the same issue with the Kiga's Snow Storm
    it applies a gas arrow Entity to each player effected by the AoE, Visuals FX stack and eat resources, slowing down the game

Does any other boss use Gas Arrow? Archery Nemesis maybe?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!