test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Summoner Yuki

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Builds and Roles
With me nearing lv40 on little Yuki I've been revising some of my past decisions with her build... the most notable being my original decision to run her as Hybrid DPS... I had originally planned to not have her in the support role or having any party healing capacity... but with access to powers like Fissure w/Reconstruct & the new Absorb Heat power.... and the DPS hit on Support role is easily countered by the DPS boost my pets get from AoED in support...

PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name: Yuki

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Mind
Level 6: Field Ops Training
Level 9: Survival Training
Level 12: Sniper Training
Level 15: Daredevil
Level 18: Showmanship
Level 21: Prodigy

Powers:
Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
Level 1: Tyrannon's Familiar (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Aura of Ebon Destruction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Ritual of Ebon Summoning (Unbound Ritual)
Level 11: Compassion
Level 14: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 17: Thermal Reverberation
Level 20: Arctic Beast (Rank 2)
Level 23: Air Elemental (Rank 2)
Level 26: Icicle Spear (Rank 2, Rank 3, Freezer Burn)
Level 29: Flashfire (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Fissure (Rank 2, Reconstruct)
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Shadow Wings
Level 35: Acrobatics

Specializations:
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
Commander: Evasive Action (2/2)
Commander: Multitasker (3/3)
Commander: Well Trained (2/2)
Commander: Durable (1/3)
Commander: Savage (2/3)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)

So at this point I need help deciding what power to fill that final power slot with, deciding on a Mastery, and i'm not 100% sure of my stat choices... currently running EGO/End/Pre since EGO PSS provides her both a power cost discount & crit% boost as if she had Int and Dex; and she needs End & Pre for TR, Compassion, and AoED...

Powers i've been considering:
Radiant Sigils - the stealth buff would help to keep my aggro down, while the healing portion assists in survival of myself and my pets...
CoRG - AoE heal when I need it and where I need it, and a self rez... just has the downside of the long CD if the Rez happens...
Soul Vortex - with it's special advantage it'd provide me with another source of healing for my pets and allies near enemies... and it groups enemies up nicely, plus the fear debuff is always nice... (just wish I knew why it doesn't want to tint for me...)
Arcane Summon - With how much aggro Yuki pulls with Icycle Spear, it'd be nice to have a pet that actively tanks enemies, especially since Tyrannon's threat generation doesn't work to any practical degree... (Just wish it had better skin options)
An AoE hold - opens Sentinel Mastery up as an option
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Its an interesting build, though energy and survival are potential issues I think I'd have with it atm. Energy mostly cause of the pet energy penalties, and cause it looks like ur main filler attack is Ice Spear (and Fissure is also a bit costly). And survival just cause ur taking AoED and no Con SS. I'm not sure what the energy situation is for you atm, though- it may be fine in decent gear.

From quick testing, the Chill from the Ice pet (Chilling Bite) is not the same Chill that you can apply, so it won't boost Ice Spear's dmg in of itself. Not sure if that influences the choice of Ice Spear, though.

You can also drop the familiar for the arcane summon if you retrain ur early powers to eld bolts, AoED, Compassion, and Ebon Void- so it doesn't have to take up the last free power slot. Any of the other powers, as well as Palliate/Absolve or an Ally res, could be good. Kinda just depends what aspects you want to shore up more.. though ya could always leave it as the last power/adv taken for cheap re-trains of it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    The energy issue is actually fairly well conntrolled... With Compassion + Sentinel Aura, Tyrannon's Familiar R3, & Thermal Reverb all providing a constant flow of energy, I'm actually able to full-charge spam Icycle Spear endlessly... EGO PSS's cost reducion also helps out with this.

As for the chill from arctic beast, if I remember correctly from testing before the ice changes for Ice Blast, R3 applied actual Chill with it's Snow Storm... so I should probably put that all the way up to R3... Even without the damabe boost from Chill, Ice Spear is pretty powerful attack, the damage I'm getting from it is comparable to the damage from the old Ice Blast...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yea, Ice Spear's dmg w/o Chill is still pretty good. I just checked out R3 Arctic Beast and its Snowstorm applies Arctic Winds, which also doesn't work w/ Ice Spear :/ eh, oh well.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!