Therakiel Blade Auction

xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Items and Crafting
Current Bid: 18,000Gs
@markofthelexan (aka -Sharpie-)

This Auction Ends April 10th 2016 5 pm Server time

Item for auction: Therakiel Blade
Item type: Primary Offense Gear*
*Unlocks Therakiel Blade weapon costume for Martial arts (Single Blade, Dual Blade)
DOES NOT UNLOCK THE HEAVY WEAPONS COSTUME UNLOCK

Rules of the Auction: This is a public auction. Due to the rarity of this item, I decided to use this format since so many people want this blade. Post your bids here, or message me (mail - not pm) in game with your bid. Highest bidder gets first chance to buy the blade, if they back out or do not have the funds then it goes to the next highest bidder.
  • Items will not be accepted for trade (Crates, costume pieces, vehicles, etc.). The only exception is Cosmic Keys which will be valued at 100Gs.
  • No bids will be accepted after April 10th 5 pm Server Time (US Pacific Time)
  • I will not sell this blade before then - please do not offer me deals with the stipulation that I need to sell to you before the 10th.
  • Any other side dealings with other bidders is not my concern or responsibility.
  • You can post in this thread or mail me with your "Max" bid - in other words, you may bid 20k Gs and if that is the highest price, I will accept a trade of 20kGs for the sword. If you also include a "max" bid of 30k Gs, any bid below 30k Gs will raise your bid to match the competing bid +1 G.
  • If the final offers end in a bidding war, but the highest bidder drops out, the second highest bidder will be offered the blade at the lowest offer they made that still stands higher than the next highest bidder. For example:
    • You: 18k
    • Other Bidder: 19k
    • You: 25k
    • Other Bidder: 26k
    • Other bidder wins, but then drops out, You will be offered a trade of the sword for 18k Gs. This is to help prevent anyone from trying to artificially raise the price.
The proceeds from this sale will go to the party that acquired it, and a portion will go to the Conquer Super Group vault. The Conquer Super Group funds are used exclusively to pay for community events such as Costume Contest, PvP tournaments, and other community events.

Therakiel Item

Post edited by xrazamax on

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    People must want this because it's rare. Can't be how it looks, 'cause that's one fugly piece of weaponry. :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 926 Arc User
    While I agree.. tastes vary. I think this weapon would be a great match for a certain style of costume. You would just need to recolor it pitch black and a lurid shade of pink.... et voila! An ensemble to inspire eye-gouging!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    People must want this because it's rare. Can't be how it looks, 'cause that's one fugly piece of weaponry. :p

it's a compensation weapon, big weapon, small

MOst peoples first comment is, about how big it is.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Goodbye Therakiel Blade, you will never be mine! onion-12.gif

I DISAGREE!

Its the most JRPG epic sword we have in the entire game! the FINAL SWORD A hero can get to smite the evil bane (but of course disgusting Black and Redders EDGELORDS will ruin it if they get it...)

and I prefer Martial Art blades than heavy weapons​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    And the despairity continues, 18K G isn't realistic for anyone that isn't a farmer of sorts.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    rtma said:

And the despairity continues, 18K G isn't realistic for anyone that isn't a farmer of sorts.

Not just a farmer, but some kind of dedicated farmer.

Also, some players profited mightly from times when serious exploits were in the game, like when it was easily to kill Omega Destroids in Resistance for massive amounts of Gs.

Finally, a player with disposable income can just buy lots of keys for the purpose of getting Gs.

Still, I don't know if it's a true disparity. It is a rare item from before On Alert, and there is likely only one to be sold for the next year . . .

. . . until the costume unlock is just added back into the game.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

rtma said:

Not just a farmer, but some kind of dedicated farmer.

Also, some players profited mightly from times when serious exploits were in the game, like when it was easily to kill Omega Destroids in Resistance for massive amounts of Gs.

Finally, a player with disposable income can just buy lots of keys for the purpose of getting Gs.

Still, I don't know if it's a true disparity. It is a rare item from before On Alert, and there is likely only one to be sold for the next year . . .

. . . until the costume unlock is just added back into the game.
    Therakiel's Blade, not Sword. And it's clearly modeled as such in the picture (note the dual-blade image). It's the current drop from TT. (18kG is probably in the ballpark of a reasonable price though).

If it was Therakiel's Sword, the starting bid would be like 200k, and would ultimately clear for twice that or more. I'm not convinced there's an unbound Therakiel's Sword left in the game.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    Let's try to keep this thread dictated for it's purpose please, it is a bidding thread, not a discussion.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    I assume "being your best friend" isn't a valid bid? Damn, that's literally the LAST obtainable MA sword skin I have left to get.

One day, my sweet... one day...
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited March 2016
    I don't mind some discussion about the sword, but please do not turn this into a thread of disparaging comments. A lot of effort went into obtaining this sword - it still drops in game but with an incredibly low drop rate. It is safe to say this is the the rarest of all costume unlocks that has not been removed from the game.

Therefore, please don't think I am being unreasonable with the starting bidding price. I have been offered much more than this for the sword in the past and the last blade we sold went for 25k Gs plus a ton of items along with the trade.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

I don't mind some discussion about the sword, but please do not turn this into a thread of disparaging comments. A lot of effort went into obtaining this sword - it still drops in game but with an incredibly low drop rate. It is safe to say this is the the rarest of all costume unlocks that has not been removed from the game.

Therefore, please don't think I am being unreasonable with the starting bidding price. I have been offered much more than this for the sword in the past and the last blade we sold went for 25k Gs plus a ton of items along with the trade.

While I agree the starting price isn't out-of-line, it is worth noting that there's a huge disparity between a small number of longtime superfarmers who have 100s of kG sitting around and can afford such a thing, and everyone else who cannot. Once you run out of superfarmers who want T Blade, the price will have to come down *a lot* or it will never sell.

Now, I have no idea how many people are left who can afford to drop 18k+ on an item *and* want T Blade. But there's certainly no new superfarmers coming in - all the exploits which made that amazing wealth possible have been plugged.

So - price looks fine based on historical sales, but at some point, there simply won't be enough liquidity in the market for anyone who still wants it to pay more than ~1/3 that.

Good luck finding buyers, I hope your effort will be suitably rewarded.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I raise the bid with set of pictures of my ex-gf. She's pretty and can benchpress a dumptruck.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    I want that, and I've got 18k, but I don't think I'm willing to pay 18k for it. I hardly ever use melee characters anyway.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User

I want that, and I've got 18k, but I don't think I'm willing to pay 18k for it. I hardly ever use melee characters anyway.

Could you spot me a couple thousand Gs, then? :3
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    I see your 18,000G and raise you 1 Therakiel Blade.

But joking aside, how many people do you think are left in CO with both that kind of G and a vested interest in old-school costume unlocks?

Including yours truly, there's little over a dozen people with that kind of G to burn on a power-replacer, and of those there's one, maybe two people with desire enough to actually buy it...the point I'm getting at is that if you want to sell it, you're going to have to relise that a majority of the G that was floating around in the CO ecnomany has kinda...gone.

Which is half the reason I have not been able to sell mine, even for the "low" price of 10K, the other half is that I kinda want to use the unlock myself.

TL;DR, there's not enough G floating around in CO to drop 18K on a costume unlock.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    Okay guys, so I have had to be away from the game for a bit due to school but here is the thing:

Don't think 18k is too much. I have already had several offers. The most recent is 20k Gs. I lowered that down to 17.5k Gs because the offer before that was only 17k Gs. If nobody bids for 18k Gs, that is fine - it will be sold for 17.5 k at the very least and could have went for more if I jumped at the oppurtunity :) I am only doing an auction to give more people a chance - yes it is just for the people with big bucks, but still more people all the same.

Good luck to all the bidders in the next week!
  • Options
    markofthelexanmarkofthelexan Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The only reason i haven't bid on this yet is cause i prefer dual blades like the kamikaze blades or flames of ra altho finding stuff like that these days is annoying and just makes my G gather dust and i have to hire minions to haul it about....so maybe....for the sake of boredom, i might bid later O.o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

The only reason i haven't bid on this yet is cause i prefer dual blades like the kamikaze blades or flames of ra altho finding stuff like that these days is annoying and just makes my G gather dust and i have to hire minions to haul it about....so maybe....for the sake of boredom, i might bid later O.o

I would be surprised if anyone bid on it before sunday :p

• Options
    seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    If this is a public auction, how come private bids are being made?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

If this is a public auction, how come private bids are being made?

There are no private bids being made.

EDIT: Just realized, maybe the confusion is because I mentioned other people have been making me offers? The "offers" I referred to were from two or three weeks before I even made this thread. Offers can be made via an in game mail, but I am going to post those mails as they come in.
  • Options
    Fine....if no-one will start the bidding......then put -Sharpie- down as the opening bid at the price mentioned in your post above.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
  • Options
    Who was the Lucky man/woman?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

Who was the Lucky man/woman?​​

Me ^,..,^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Congratulations Sharpie