test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old crafting locales now back in game - consistency needed

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Items and Crafting
Hi Dev Team!

Thanks for bringing back the old crafting locales in game as social hubs. Its nice to see them again. :)

Any chance we could get a consistency pass done on them? What I mean by this is either have them completely empty of all crafting items or include appropriate crafting items in all of them.

Here's their current state:

MCPD Armory - Location: backside of Carl's Gym next to the Westside Choppers garage. Has 'Arms' crafting tables but no 'Arms' Trainer/vendor. (Would be nice if the entrance was changed to a better location - see arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1204678/mcpd-armory-location)

Fighting Dojo - Location: extreme west side of Westside district (door is just north of the open area Red Banner gang fighting arena) Has two 'Arms' Trainer/vendors but no 'Arms' crafting tables.

Mutation Lab - Location: Westside district. Door on the south side of the big building that's on fire surrounded by all the VIPER agents and mutated scientists. Has one 'Science' Trainer/vendor and many 'Science' crafting 'tables' (consoles) surrounding the top of the giant vat.

Invention Workshop - Location: just south of Steel Crusade quest area in City Center. Door is in the north side of the small building just west of the two big tall buildings with a giant statue in between them (labeled Dynamic Technologies Research Group on map). Has no 'Science' Trainers/vendors and no 'Science' crafting tables. (I'd like to suggest changing the entry door location to the door in the northern building of Dynamics Technologies to make it easier to find - just like the Mutations Lab. Besides it fits better there than in the tiny building that has a video store already taking up half the space in back :tongue:)

Arcana Library - Location: just east of the Champions building downtown in the stone and wooded alcove area between buildings.​​ Has no 'Mysticism' Trainers/vendors but many 'Mysticism' crafting 'tables' (bookshelves). Cabal Delphios next to the cauldron at the back would make an excellent choice for a Trainer/vendor (unless he is being used as a mission contact already).

Mystic Foundry - Location: same location as Arcana Library (used to be located at the glowing hole in the construction lot next to the Westside Jail). Has no 'Mysticism' Trainers/vendors and no 'Mysticism' crafting 'tables' (very odd for a place called the Foundry, especially since all the NPCs there seem to be working on stuff (and have 'trainer' in their descriptions - lol). Aleris, the woman walking around the top of the staircase would probably be a good choice to make a 'Mysticism' Trainer/vendor here. Since the locations for both the Foundry and Library are right next to each other, I'd like to suggest moving the archway entrance of the Foundry back to Westside, either on the plateau with the big tree just southwest of the Jail or in the secluded garden area on the west side of China Town that has the steps leading down to the parking garage (coordinates 1149 61 -438).

If I had my choice I would say add in those crafting items (trainers/tables) that are missing at each location (as opposed to removing them altogether). It would make these locales useful as alternate places to craft as well as being social areas. I would also remove the option to "Remove NPCs" at those places that have it (like the MCPD Armory, Mystic Foundry, and Invention Workshop) as this would possibly remove the Trainer/vendors as well (and then people couldn't access them). And lastly, I would like to suggest replacing the current 'globe' icon over the Trainer/vendors in these places with the 'crafting' icon you find over the heads of all other crafting Trainer/vendors in the game (like at the Mods&Fusion building in Ren Cen, the crafting table areas at Steelhead base in Canada, etc.) and make them full fledged trainers (like those at the locations mentioned) with full crafting/skill info menus.

Thanks for your attention on this subject. :)
Post edited by captainhunter1 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.