test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rage of the Phoenix - Fire based Enrage

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
The concept came up in another thread, so I figured I'd post it over here...

A new enrage form that stacks off Clinging Flames applications
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'd prefer "Rage of the Pheonix" as a form for ranged fire users.
    For melee fire users, it would probably be another form called, "Fiery Rage" or "Burning Rage".

Kinda similar to Chilled Form and Concentration.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    If they were to add a ranged & a melee version that'd be cool too...

Honestly I'd absolutely love to see a from each powerset someday...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Yes plz. Seems to be incredibly cool to have enrage, that procs of burning. For heavy weapon builds and not only. lmagine a tank, that'll keep its rage continuously by exhaling firebreath, argh!..
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Seems to have way too narrow a field of application. Forms generally have more general application.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    spinnytop said:

Seems to have way too narrow a field of application. Forms generally have more general application.

Lets see about that...

Enrage - Knocks
    Form of the Swordsman - Bleeds
    Aspect of the Bestial - Bleeds
    Aspect of the Infernal - Poisons
    Form of the Master - Dodge
    Form of the Tiger - Full Charge
    Form of the Tempest - Crits
    Compassion - Healing
    Manipulator - Holds
    Concentration - Maintains, Half Charge, 20ft+
    Chilled Form - Maintains, Half Charge, 20ft+
    Aspect of the Machine - On Kill
    Mental Discipline - Non-stacking, Enhances Ego Leech Stacks
    IDF - Non-stacking

Nope... they are NOT "generally more general application". In fact they are generally specific application. There are really only 2 forms on that list that can truly be considered "general" for their stacking mechanic, Tempest & Machine. Everything else needs powers that either apply specific conditions or have specific activations, or in the case of FotM requires a specific build type...

And regardless, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having forms with narrow fields of application.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    what about having it grant a buff that works like AoTM but stacks whenever you apply clinging flames?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    notyuu said:

what about having it grant a buff that works like AoTM but stacks whenever you apply clinging flames?

that could work too
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Is there any toggle that exactly mirrors the requirements of an energy unlock tho? I thought they were trying to avoid that... Thinking about it, the new MA unlock and FotT do overlap completely. Still seems odd to me, but it clearly isn't unprecedented.

Personally, I'd like to see some more creative use of toggles. Like making the ranged&melee damage buff equal the lower-tier bonus of other toggles... but giving charge-reduction per stack, or cost discount, or a (selfish) defensive buff. Lots of fun stuffs could be done with toggles.
  • Options
    vonqball said:

Is there any toggle that exactly mirrors the requirements of an energy unlock tho? I thought they were trying to avoid that... Thinking about it, the new MA unlock and FotT do overlap completely. Still seems odd to me, but it clearly isn't unprecedented.

Personally, I'd like to see some more creative use of toggles. Like making the ranged&melee damage buff equal the lower-tier bonus of other toggles... but giving charge-reduction per stack, or cost discount, or a (selfish) defensive buff. Lots of fun stuffs could be done with toggles.

Technically speaking... Mental Discipline & Ego Reverb mirror eachother's requirements exactly... they both only work off stacks of Ego Leech...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    vonqball said:

Is there any toggle that exactly mirrors the requirements of an energy unlock tho?

Yes. Concentration scales off of the stats used by Killer Instinct, Hunter's Instinct, Ego Reverberation, and Molecular Self-Assembly, and Form of the X scales with the stat used by the new MA unlock. Less relevantly, Manipulator and Compassion scale with the stat used by Telepathic Reverb.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    raighn said:

Enrage - Knocks
    Form of the Swordsman - Bleeds
    Aspect of the Bestial - Bleeds
    Aspect of the Infernal - Poisons
    Form of the Master - Dodge
    Form of the Tiger - Full Charge
    Form of the Tempest - Crits
    Compassion - Healing
    Manipulator - Holds
    Concentration - Maintains, Half Charge, 20ft+
    Chilled Form - Maintains, Half Charge, 20ft+
    Aspect of the Machine - On Kill
    Mental Discipline - Non-stacking, Enhances Ego Leech Stacks
    IDF - Non-stacking

Everything on this list has vastly more general application than the form you are proposing.

You are proposing a melee form whose best framework for proccing is ranged. Think about that. It's not even remotely unclear what narrow application you're trying to promote here.
  • Options
    I'm proposing a melee form that's framework for procing is the newly reworked Heavy Weapons... since the changes to heavyweapons simultaniously made it increadibly slow to build enrage with it and difficult to maintain enrage due to cleave losing it's enrage proc and getting a knock down that for some reason refuses to stack enrage.

By all means they can make 2 forms a melee and a ranged one both procing off Clinging Flames... or they could make it a melee/range form like AotM that procs off clinging flames... I proposed it as an Enrage form to help rectify the problem the recent HW changes created.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    New forms are always welcomed in my books!

Chilled Form was a nice Addition​​ with a nice Icon to look at
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Ah it's fine, after all you can suggest anything you like ^_^
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    hm...I like the idea actually, and for all intents and purposes it should give the AotMachine buff. For clinging fire is both a ranged and melee thing.