test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havoc Stomp

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
Havoc stomp could use a slight damage boost. Also, the knock-back on full charge is an additional effect that only makes the power less useful. Another odd feature of the power, is that it doesn't root you. You can jump a short distance during the attack, but the aoe is targeted on your "launch site" rather than your "landing pad" which is annoying (and makes no sense).

I would love for the power to either target the spot you land on, or morph into a short-ranged mobility power (like vicious descent). Then buff the damage a little bit and ditch the extra knock back... and yeah... we would have a good power that could compete with brimstone and some of the ranged PBAoEs.

Comments

• Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    +1000
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I would love a rework of Havoc Stomp, too.
    The OP suggestions seem in the right direction.

Maybe an advantage that cancels the knockback on full charge, but makes it a knockdown, instead.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Well... the odd thing is that the ability has a chance of knockdown... but on a full charge you get a knockback. I would much rather just get 100% chance of a knockdown and nix the knockback.
  • Options
    not really all that odd...a stomp above a certain level of force and under another will send tremors through the ground ala miniquake, and everyone who's gone through an earthquake knows its hard to keep your footing during one, frequently resulting in assplanting on hard surfaces

a stomp above that latter level of force, however, will likely be forceful enough to displace the air in the form of a shockwave and send anything not nailed down flying back

it's simple physics - at least as i understand them​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    I strongly doubt that "havoc stomp" is a very accurate model of a foot-sized object being smashed into the ground hard enough to cause a localized earthquake... and honestly I don't much care. Comic books and real-world physics don't tend to see eye-to-eye.. and that is fine.
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    havoc stomp should be as usefull as center of gravity >w>
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    What about increasing Brick Melee to be actually more powerful, since the Martial Arts Tweaks, the Sluggish mediocre damage is distressing of sorts and should consider buffing up the damage.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I would like to suggest if HAVOC STOMP got a CENTER OF GRAVITY 2point ADV

It could use some buff and Range extension​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!