test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question to the devs ... Why the increased prices !?.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Items and Crafting
When i took a break from CO over a year ago, i could easily obtain a full set of Mercenary set for a new level 40 character by running a full completent of daily quests on 3 characters over 2 days, and now you have increased the prices to 50000 Q for ONE item which makes it take almost a full week of dailys to afford one Mercenary item. And you can't grind gold and buy them either because some items costs over 100g and farming that takes days - unless you're really lucky with a rare drop to sell - But lets face it , after you devs nerfed the droprate of EVERYTHING (or just simply removed the drops), getting anything valuable requires Cosmic keys..

So exactly WHY did you increase the prices on Mercenary and Heroic items, making it harder for players to actually obtain any desent gear before chasing down the stupidly hard-to-get items.

The system was working fine as it was, but you had to go and ruin it for the players... It's almost as if you are deliberately trying to chase away what little playerbase you have left... by removing loot and any rewards or just making it stupid hard to get.

Also... WHY did you remove the Unity vendor, but kept the missions?!.

Comments

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Lets see, Time Sink, Grind, Business.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Mercenaries were always 50k Q each (its the reason I've still yet to even bother with merc secondaries)... I don't know what your talking about on that one... Heroics on the other-hand that is what had it's price absurdly increased...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    raighn said:

Mercenaries were always 50k Q each (its the reason I've still yet to even bother with merc secondaries)... I don't know what your talking about on that one... Heroics on the other-hand that is what had it's price absurdly increased...

Actually Mercenaries Gear was 100K Q Each until they dropped it to more, palatable option, when they made the Vendor changes.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    rtma said:

raighn said:

Actually Mercenaries Gear was 100K Q Each until they dropped it to more, palatable option, when they made the Vendor changes.

either way, the price of mercs was never increased...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Well then, if the prices hasn't increased, and its just me who is misunderstanding the situation after coming back after 1 year+ absence. Please explain how i could EASILY grind for 2 days daily and get a full set of Mercernary before i left.. And now it takes a week of grind... that's some serious bad game development.

Mercenary and Heroics are the "starting" gear for new players and shouldn't take weeks to farm.

Everything in CO costs too much considering the droprates of currency or components.
    Simple... your mixing up memory of grinding 2 days of dailies for Heroics... which now takes a week or more thanks to the recent Recog changes...

As for grinding Q from dailies you've got 2k each from alert dailies, and if you were grinding AP & CS dailies as well that's another 2k per daily... 2 alert dailies + 3AP dailies(x4) + 2CS dailies(x4) gives you 22 dailies for Q at 2k each means at least 44k Q per day if you are seriously dedicated... of course you're limited to 4-8k Q refined per day per character so if you do all that grind on one character it's still going to take you a week to refine your 50k Q...
    jniKqKJ.png