Options

FC.31.20160210.37 - Bug Fixes

13»

Comments

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    aiqa said:

That is not how it works. First of all the 1 point adv on Skewer add to your base damage, so there is no diminishing return. And secondly they apply their full damage bonus on either tap of full charge. It's not that they only apply to the damage that is added by charging.

If you think Skewer needs a buff, just go to PTS and do a few parses to show why you think it does.

How do you do parses?

-Why does Follow Through work differently than every other damage bonus?
    -Follow Through specifically increases your *charge damage* and not your *tap*/starting damage. It's only supposed to be working on the damage you gain from charging. I mean, that's *explicitly* the difference between it and Initiative. One increases the initial damage by 15%, and one increases the damage gained from charging by 25%. (Follow Through should equal Initiative's performance at 3/5th charge).
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    There are different damage bonus things in CO, you can have normal damage bonus that is additive with forms, passives, etc. Multiplicative with that you have the damage bonus stuff that is additive with severity, offense, etc. And then you have base damage bonus which is just multiplicative with everything. To theorycraft you need to be sure what kind of damage bonus you're talking about, and even then it's very easy to be surprised by some outcomes.

You can learn about parsing here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/250429/release-of-co-parser-for-act/p1

And I made a thread about the damage bonus stuff some time ago here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/251612/damage-bonus-layers
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    avianos said:

Devastator is really popular AT and I see it very often in Gravitar Pugs, especially with the Free AT code

Not from my experience, if anything Gravitar's attacks discourage Melee(Except Tanking), unless their are good healers(Or compensating with Devices), they're going to be flattened.
    I almost never see any FF using Skewer, none

I used to use it on a build awhile back but the fact is that you need to hit 2+ targets to stack Enrage & roots you is precarious, better use the other options like Cleave.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

And have a scorp tail

imo it looks pretty good

Love those tails.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    rap9 said:

Didn't someone post something a while back from Gravitar fights DPS showing Skewer being really popular? May be the power is getting the cost increase partly due to simple popularity. Which would probably have something to do with Devastator having been free so long via the old Alienware promo in addition to people seeming to like big arse characters swinging big arse weapons and Skewer being 'top dog' in HW.

Those same people would probably rather a more Swingy HW power be top dog anyway...

They don't nerf powers just because they're popular.
  • Options
    rebelscum58rebelscum58 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    spinnytop said:

When they're popular because they're overperforming, they do. But really that's not because it's popular, it's because it's overperforming.

Here's one possible power order that would cater to the above suggestion:

Level 1: Bludgeon
    Level 1: Cleave
    Level 6: Unstoppable
    Level 8: Arc of Ruin
    Level 11: Vicious Descent or Decimate
    Level 14: Enrage
    Level 17: Skewer or Annihilate
    Level 21: Guard
    Level 25: Thermal Reverberation or Aggressor
    Level 30: Earth Splitter or Skullcrusher
    Level 35: Eruption
    Level 40: Brimstone

(Bolded text mine) Count me in as another one thinking this sounds better than the current PTS power order. Gives both fire and non-fire builds a workable rotation without having to further change any more individual powers. Though personally I still think eruption didn't really need a 10 second cooldown and that the Devastator should really get its aoe (Brimstone) way before level 40. I'd love to hear what the devs' logic for both of those decisions actually is.

Edit: For reference, I don't play ATs and don't plan to start, but those who do (Whether intentionally or because you have to pay for Freeform) shouldn't have to always get the short end of the stick on builds.
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Honestly, I don't really understand the reasoning behind these changes at all. The "Brick" Framework is (essentially) meant to be based around the idea of "Tankiness". Of course, playstyles will always differ (as Freeform will show) while ATs are more restricted to following a powerset's "theme". However, with the addition of Clinging Flames and more fire damage, this makes Heavy Weapons look more and more like an outright DPS powerset. It SHOULD (in my mind) reflect more of a "Tanky DPS" (sometimes called an "Off-Tank") with Heavy Weapons powers granting some sort of defensive-oriented additives than all-out DPS.

I mean, they gave the Dual Pistol miniset (can we consider it a "Miniset"?) a damage-triggered self-heal with Furious, yet Heavy Weapons doesn't get anything to help longevity? Seems whack, mang.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    spinnytop said:

Well I did say 'partly'. I was kind of just throwing it out there, probably why it might've attracted their eye in the first place.

But then again, there are certainly cases of things changing that didn't seem popular at all really. Manipulator.
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Love those tails.

Speaking about tails, please consider adding TAIL SWIPE power into Bestial Supernatural set. 360 degree AoE Charge, that Knocks. Crushing damage. Would match toons with scorpion, and other tails, perhaps as well add ADV that poisons for Toxic damage. l prolly would make toon with it then.

@kaizerin 's taily main'll look fabulous with that too lM0.
  • Options
    rap9 said:

spinnytop said:

Well I did say 'partly'. I was kind of just throwing it out there, probably why it might've attracted their eye in the first place.

But then again, there are certainly cases of things changing that didn't seem popular at all really. Manipulator.
    Like I've said, there are reasons to make changes to the game other than player desire. Often, these reasons are much more relevant and meaningful as well.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016
    kaizerin said:

One issue I'm seeing is the difference between Skewer and Annihilate still, Skewer coming out ahead. The Follow Through advantage is a little potent for a 1 pointer that adds to base damage with basically no drawback.

I am curious what players are seeing, and would appreciate any detailed logs to be posted with what dps outputs you're getting and what sort of build/gear you're using.​​

When you're seeing Skewer come out ahead, is that with high-end level 40 gear? Or something else? And are you using Scorching Blade for the comparison, or Rank 3 Annihilate?

On a charge-spam comparison of Annihilate(Rank 2, Scorching Blade) versus Skewer(Rank 3, Follow Through), I'm seeing Annihilate pull ahead in single-target DPS. This is using high-end gear (Justice, rank 7 mods, Depleted Uranium Core, et cetera) with Form of the Tiger (so the form is triggered by either Skewer or Annihilate, for an apples-to-apples comparison). I stood in a Circle of Arcane Power to eliminate any energy issues. In a Freeform build, there are numerous methods of satisfying the energy concerns in either setup.

It's only a slight difference in DPS, but I kinda like that. It means both powers are viable single-target DPS options.

Skewer isn't the best choice for The Devastator's single-target attack, since (as many have already mentioned) it doesn't provide a knock for Enrage/Unstoppable. Annihilate would function better there...but being an AT, I can understand if the developers prefer to withhold the ideal option.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    ogremindes wrote: »
    May as well delete my HW character then, 'cause he's lightning themed. :(

Lightning starts fires to, so I don't see how this changes your theme.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    MINOR BUG:
    • When removing advantages at the Powerhouse trainer, Scorching Blade's mouseover text says "Disables ranged attacks."
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Suggestion: Add lipstick color on the third or fourth channels of the rocker makeups. Or possibly variations of them that have lipstick. Ideally, maybe we could get two face texture options somehow, like we have for hair geos sometime in the future.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    ogremindesogremindes Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited March 2016

There's a distinct lack of lightning in the attacks setting people on fire.

-Ogre
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

There's a distinct lack of lightning in the attacks setting people on fire.
    We got the Brimstone Charge up. o.3.o
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Like I've said, there are reasons to make changes to the game other than player desire. Often, these reasons are much more relevant and meaningful as well.

Maybe someone should come out and say what they are?
  • Options

I think power balance and trying to get everything in a decent place is a damn good reason. Also to enforce the idea of power diversity, since (regardless of what people think) most people tend to stick with pretty much similar power structures and builds and rarely divert from them.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I think power balance and trying to get everything in a decent place is a damn good reason. Also to enforce the idea of power diversity, since (regardless of what people think) most people tend to stick with pretty much similar power structures and builds and rarely divert from them.​​

^
    right there.

Also, right here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9799133-champions-online:-dev-blog-powers-revisions

You can now get back to discussing the actual changes knowing full well why they are being made. No more of this Adam Jensen "I never asked for this" stuff.
  • Options
    Power balance is good! Unless they nerf the powers I use! Then they are bad!

"Scissors are OP. Rock is totally balanced, though." -Paper
    edited March 2016
    So I took some time out to take my old Devastator to the PTS and try out diff things. He's outfitted to be a bit tankier (more Con-based, as little Rec as I can pass by w/ for more Con, etc), but I tried not to change stats around for all the builds.

Before, there were many ways to play HW.. just that none of them really stood out for ST dps. Now there's standouts, and more options.. but the forced Fire split is a bit annoying for themes, and Eruption is more specialized as a power now.

Cleave gets a bad rep, imo. The old one was not great, but neither were most combos for dps tbh. New one is actually pretty damn good for all the extra effects it does- innate CC and CF apply + innate AoE, and can proc Setup. Not too costly and easy to use.

I can't get my parser working on the PTS now, but it seemed like all basic single-target options avail for the AT were fine for dmg:

1. Cleave + Setup-Eruption_Arc
    2. Cleave + Setup-Skewer (w/ or w/o Eruption)
    3. Cleave + Setup-Skullcrucher (w/ or w/o Eruption)
    4. Skullcrusher spam (w/ or w/o Eruption)
    5. Skewer spam + Eruption

(all opening w/ a CF apply for TR, and using Arc taps or charges for the debuffs + CF refresh)

.. And all but the last where fine to more-than-fine on energy. The last one had small energy issues in my current gear (295 Str, 265 Con, 72 Dex, 70 Rec, 28 End, 210 cost discount), and built Enrage slowly. This was easily fixed by adding a Brimstone tap in between Eruption's cd for each attack cycle. The extra Unstoppable energy + Enrage proc from those Brimstone taps gave me ample energy to work with and stacked Enrage faster. Even then, there's still ranked Aggressor to give ya a extra Enrage stacks at the start of a long fight anyways. So, even for Skewer spam its pretty easy to add a simple change to adapt to it.

Losing the short cd on Eruption sucks for FF melee builds that want a good and quick MSA + Enrage trigger, but considering the power now can apply CF it can now also be used in melee FF builds that want an alternative to MSA via using TR + Eruption. Its win-lose, but the AT itself is better off now, imo. Still kinda sucks to have the Fire aspect forced in to HW, but at this point we just have to accept that.

Besides which, for FF builds using Skewer, I'd recommend Iron Lariat w/ adv over Eruption now anyways. Short cd, knocks for Enrage, triggers MSA, and unlike Eruption it can bleed- which better suits Skewer builds using Reaper's Embrace. Add Shredded in there too and ur gold.

Bug: Skullcrusher and Arc of Ruin still do not proc AoE specs like Glory of Battle or Locus.
    Skewer does work with these specs, at least. Eruption w/ adv does NOT, and I'm not sure if that's intended, since the base description for Eruption still mentions it being single-target dmg.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

Cleave gets a bad rep, imo. The old one was not great, but neither were most combos for dps tbh.

See, I never get that sentiment. Every single one of my Melee characters (especially the DPS ones) use their combo a lot. Hell, Slice N Dice uses Reaper's Caress more than any other power for damage-dealing. Though, with the recent changes to RC, the power has only gotten better for my build :tongue:

I sorta wish there were certain powers you could "change" the element to for flavor reasons. For instance, turning the Dimensional damage from the various Chi-attacks in MA into, say, Fire damage. Or turning ISN powers from Toxic to Particle damage to reflect a radioactive mutant theme. Even turning powers for Single/Double Blade from Slashing damage to Crushing damage (since you may use the club skin). Now, while I could see certain powers becoming more exploitable if their type is changes too much, I still would like to make minor tweaks to damage type in that regard. I mean, if you're not gonna release the powers by themselves, might as well let us "tinker" a little.
    See, I never get that sentiment. Every single one of my Melee characters (especially the DPS ones) use their combo a lot. Hell, Slice N Dice uses Reaper's Caress more than any other power for damage-dealing. Though, with the recent changes to RC, the power has only gotten better for my build :tongue:
    Combos could be made decent (not counting Laser Sword and BBeatdown that are rel strong as is - though they are trickier to build around as well), and thanks to Setup and/or Warden goodies. By 'not great' I didn't mean 'bad'; for t0 powers many of them could fare just fine, Plus, there's the whole debuff_buff aspect many of them having going.

Blasts are a bit of a diff story though, imo. I hope most of them get a re-visit too.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Combos could be made decent (not counting Laser Sword and BBeatdown that are rel strong as is - though they are trickier to build around as well), and thanks to Setup and/or Warden goodies. By 'not great' I didn't mean 'bad'; for t0 powers many of them could fare just fine, Plus, there's the whole debuff_buff aspect many of them having going.

Blasts are a bit of a diff story though, imo. I hope most of them get a re-visit too.

The only thing needing a revisit are specs, due to a particular combination of specs being blatantly too strong (aka guardicator/wardicator). That is the only reason certain aspects of powers are being overshadowed. But I think specs being looked at in general is a ways off since that would probably require more mechanical fixing.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,775 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Combos seem to be getting a facelift. That's nice, but I think blasts as a dmg type are a bit under-powered atm. Imo, they either need their utility expanded (like combos getting AoE_better AoE and other buffs like the ability to apply Shredded), or more of them need a dps boost of some sort. For instance, if I could take a 2-pt special adv on a blast that boosts its base dmg by 40%, but lowers its range and/or increases its energy cost then I'd appreciate having that option at least.

A spec revisit would be nice too, but ah we'll just have to see I guess.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Combos seem to be getting a facelift. That's nice, but I think blasts as a dmg type are a bit under-powered atm.

They have the problem of being T0 and balanced as such. A spec that gave a strong bonus to damage but also boosted their energy cost might fix that.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,775 Arc User

flowcyto said:

Combos seem to be getting a facelift. That's nice, but I think blasts as a dmg type are a bit under-powered atm.

They have the problem of being T0 and balanced as such. A spec that gave a strong bonus to damage but also boosted their energy cost might fix that.
    Yeah, but even as T0, the avg blast is ~200-250 dps, while combos are quite higher atm (300-350 dps range, not counting extra effects but accounting for input delay). I expect melee analogues to be more dps, but not by that much, and esp now that many combos are AoE and have no lockdown. If its cause Blasts are cheap and (mostly) 100ft, then yeah just give me an alternative option to trade off at least one of those benefits for more raw dps. It kinda sucks to have powerstes like Force where ya have to settle on a cheap but weak-mediocre dps filler (force blast) or a good but expensive-as-all-hell option (FC) for dps, and having a huge chasm in between that. Or for Sorcery, who's main slack in dps is cause it doesn't have much more ST filler than Eld Blast. etc.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I think there is a bit of a problem with the color options for the Tiger head from the Animal pack - namely, there aren't enough of them. The teeth and eyes are going to be the same color as the main fur color, but the other color selections seem to take an appropriate role as well with the stripes and secondary fur color.

Maybe the stripes can be an "attachment" so it gets its own color pallete? This would make for more variation, free up a color option for the tiger head that can go to the teeth or eyes, and then the "attachment" could possible get different stripe variations.

-The second color channel for the fox head doesn't seem to do anything. It would be nice if it changed eye color.
    -The lion head's nose is the same color as the primary fur color. There is an open color channel to assign to the nose.

BTW: haven't really seen a lot of pictures for the animal heads yet, so here are a few.

Post edited by xrazamax on
  • Options
    xrazamax said:

I think there is a bit of a problem with the color options for the Tiger head from the Animal pack - namely, there aren't enough of them. The teeth and eyes are going to be the same color as the main fur color, but the other color selections seem to take an appropriate role as well with the stripes and secondary fur color.

Maybe the stripes can be an "attachment" so it gets its own color pallete? This would make for more variation, free up a color option for the tiger head that can go to the teeth or eyes, and then the "attachment" could possible get different stripe variations.

-The second color channel for the fox head doesn't seem to do anything. It would be nice if it changed eye color.

Its been stated that the textures are not final, and they are working on customizable eyes, and not just static eyes you see on a few of the heads.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

Its been stated that the textures are not final, and they are working on customizable eyes, and not just static eyes you see on a few of the heads.

Oh, okay I must have missed that.

• Options
    cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    I saw some posts earlier in the thread about The Devastator being useless and like, I tried it out and was getting 12k Skewer charge crits. Not to mention soloing a 5man Hard Battlestation group. I don't understand how the AT is broken, or how the powers being changed is worth throwing a fit about. Theme, Eruption getting a 10sec cooldown, I understand. However, it's pretty easy to fit another power in to build Enrage while it's on cooldown.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Could someone try putting the bull head under the various hoods for me? I want to see how it'll work for my Minotaur rogue.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    ninjapiff wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't really understand the reasoning behind these changes at all. The "Brick" Framework is (essentially) meant to be based around the idea of "Tankiness". Of course, playstyles will always differ (as Freeform will show) while ATs are more restricted to following a powerset's "theme". However, with the addition of Clinging Flames and more fire damage, this makes Heavy Weapons look more and more like an outright DPS powerset. It SHOULD (in my mind) reflect more of a "Tanky DPS" (sometimes called an "Off-Tank") with Heavy Weapons powers granting some sort of defensive-oriented additives than all-out DPS.

I mean, they gave the Dual Pistol miniset (can we consider it a "Miniset"?) a damage-triggered self-heal with Furious, yet Heavy Weapons doesn't get anything to help longevity? Seems whack, mang.

actually Brick is a strength based character in the pnp game.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    flowcyto wrote: »

Bug: Skullcrusher and Arc of Ruin still do not proc AoE specs like Glory of Battle or Locus.
    Skewer does work with these specs, at least. Eruption w/ adv does NOT, and I'm not sure if that's intended, since the base description for Eruption still mentions it being single-target dmg.

you can add Bludgeon- aoe, Eruption-aoe- without the adv, doesn't either.​​

• Options
    xrazamax said:

Oh, okay I must have missed that.

To be fair, it was said so one the patch notes when they were first launched. So, easy to miss or forget. And I have not seen any notes saying anything about the textures being fixed.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    Any images of that "Extreme Hair" that's in the Q-store?​​
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,037 Arc User
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Star_Fox.png
    I see what you did there!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,037 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Related question to the DEVs about the new Animal Head!

Now we have more FELINE characters, is there any chance that we will also get Feline-designed feet (4 toes)? Since currently we only have Wolf feet

Any chance that this pack will include additional parts? or should we wait another animal-themed related zstore costume! Cat paws and such

Cat, Lion and Tiger heads needs to have their own theme feet now!​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Nobody has posted the female beast heads yet have they?
  • Options
    avianos wrote: »

Now we have more FELINE characters, is there any chance that we will also get Feline-designed feet (4 toes)? Since currently we only have Wolf feet

Any chance that this pack will include additional parts? or should we wait another animal-themed related zstore costume! Cat paws and such

cats still have 5 toes, just the dew claw is up the side.​​

• Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    avianos said:

Cat, Lion and Tiger heads needs to have their own theme feet now!​​

I'd also add to the wishlist one more texture pattern for normal feet and hands, but with soles linked to another color channel. Think tip-toe styles, featured with Glass Shoe/Slipper, but with normal shape. That would fit animal theme too, and it seems it can be done easily.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    chaelk said:

actually Brick is a strength based character in the pnp game.​​

I know, but "Brick" also implied a certain Archetype (actually, if I remember correctly, what CO calls "Frameworks" is what the PnP game called "Archetypes"). It basically implied a kind of "Incredible Hulk" or "The Juggernaut" kind of character; namely, one that can take a bunch of hit thanks to pure physical endurance. Heck, even the name "Brick" implies to something physically hard and durable. Super-Strength is generally something that accompanies this theme.

Then again, Champions Online is not exactly the Hero System. There are already many differences made, though that's more due to the cause of CO being an MMORPG. Things don't always translate perfectly when you're make such a drastic change from one medium to another.
    flowcyto said:

Combos seem to be getting a facelift. That's nice, but I think blasts as a dmg type are a bit under-powered atm. Imo, they either need their utility expanded (like combos getting AoE_better AoE and other buffs like the ability to apply Shredded), or more of them need a dps boost of some sort. For instance, if I could take a 2-pt special adv on a blast that boosts its base dmg by 40%, but lowers its range and/or increases its energy cost then I'd appreciate having that option at least.

A spec revisit would be nice too, but ah we'll just have to see I guess.

I somewhat agree with this. Yes, blasts are generally underpowered, and should be tweaked. The current issue is that, most likely, you'll end up getting a power down the line that "replaces" the need for your Blast. Instead, Blasts should have some sort of important utility; but, more importantly, a utility that's not quite so utilitarian. Blasts (as well as combos) should give a bonus to a certain theme/powerset, but it should be more versatile when combined with other sets. If a blast applies a certain debuff, make sure the debuff doesn't only benefit a couple of powersets.

Or, perhaps even better, LESSEN the NUMBER of individual blasts! For instance, have your "Energy Projector Blast" power that you choose which "Element" you apply to it (whether it be Fire, Ice, Electricity, Wind, Force, and *possibly* even Toxic). From there, you can decide how the power itself works. Want a fire-bolt power, but don't want Clinging Flames? Give the power more raw DPS-per-hit and forgo the DoT. Want a Force power to add a Stun, not a Knockback? Or even just a Knockdown? I don't see why not, just adjust the power's cost/damage to reflect the differences.

Having each power be so separate from each other will only cause whining, like it already does. Which is the REAL problem CO is facing. Assuming you can call it a "problem". Oh, and if you're just waiting for City of Titans to come out, then I've got a bridge to sell you.
    edited March 2016
    While I like your idea on a conceptual basis, I don't feel that a complete retool of blast powers is warranted or even wise at this point. Blast powers offer unique elemental effects, which I think synergies well with the current powerset system.

Time devoted to a retool on them could be better spent on new, and interesting powers. I personally would like to see sonics separated into its own elemental set, and plants introduced as a supernatural variant.

Its been several years since we got a new powerset, and I'm hopeful that the time and energy spent on retooling the system reallocate next to a new powerset, though I realize how vain that dream might seem.
This discussion has been closed.