test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No CD on Equip for Triumphant Recovery

roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
Please take the on-equip cooldown away for the Triumphant Recovery device. Waiting four minutes after equipping makes them almost useless in Alerts, Rampages, etc.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Please take the on-equip cooldown away for the Triumphant Recovery device. Waiting four minutes after equipping makes them almost useless in Alerts, Rampages, etc.

You're suppose to have it equipped before going into the fight not when you die.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I get that, Silverspar; that is a way around the issue, yes. That means one less device otherwise used in combat.
    I guess that was likely the intent.

After introducing so many devices, bringing old devices back, and so on, I guess changes like this make sense. Still, deciding to use this item often ends up simply making your device tray shorter.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I feel that a Triumphant Recovery is worth the device slot.
    edited March 2016
    About half of my heroes use the self-rez power, and it isn't too big a deal. For an AT user, those devices are more important.

I bring this up because I've noticed a significantly longer time to beat Cybermind this time around. WHen someone goes down, there's a lot of waiting, which also lowers group DPS.
    Post edited by roughbearmattach on

• rap9rap9 Posts: 40 Arc User
    As an AT-user, would be nice. The slot could then be filled with less boring stuff.

Or even better, make 'Build Slots' a Zen Store purchase. :)
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2016

You're suppose to have it equipped before going into the fight not when you die.​​

Because when you're in that Gravitar Rampage and you go down with 1/4 charges on your TR, the first thing you're going to worry about doing is *slotting the next one* rather than *not dying* or *attacking Gravitar* so your cd starts working before you bite it again and angrily slot the next one to wait 5 minutes...

It's pretty clear the supporters of 'cd on equip for TR' have never had to use one, certainly not since the change. CD on equip for *any* device with charges is a dick move.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

Because when you're in that Gravitar Rampage and you go down with 1/4 charges on your TR, the first thing you're going to worry about doing is *slotting the next one* rather than *not dying* or *attacking Gravitar* so your cd starts working before you bite it again and angrily slot the next one to wait 5 minutes...

It's pretty clear the supporters of 'cd on equip for TR' have never had to use one, certainly not since the change. CD on equip for *any* device with charges is a dick move.
    The solution to that isn't to remove the CD on equip but to allow stacking of devices, or split the device into stacks of single charge & stack them to 10 or so.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Have used many, only one of my characters has Rebirth, I support the CD on equip.
    I will say this, the change makes the game a tiny bit less easy. Many of the latest balance/power/device changes have done this, which is a good thing in general. I just don't like it on this device in particular.