test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Direct3D error

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
edited February 2016 in PC & Technical Issues
For the last few months now I've been getting this same error every time I try to play CO... sometimes it happens when I launch the game, sometimes when I go to character select, sometimes when I try to change any setting, and every time I try to take the game out of fullscreen... I normally play in Windowed mode and the only way I could get the game to launch after this error began was to force fullscreen... running in fullscreen only delays the error though it does not resolve it and nor is it a solution I can accept...

I looked up the error and was directed to reinstall Microsoft VisualC++ which I did... nothing changed... I've reinstalled CO 3 times and still nothing changed... I've made sure all of my drivers are up to date and everything... I'm at a complete loss as to what to do about this now...
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    mechanoidwarheadmechanoidwarhead Posts: 13 Arc User
    I have just started getting this error as well since the last update. Everytime the game is launched, CO crashes and this error pops up.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I finally fixed it by unstalling the ARC version and installing the Steam version... but now I got to deal with bock sticking, an extra .25s delay on all power activations, and my character randomly autorunning into walls when I click on interface items... issues I only seem to have when running through Steam... but atleast the game is playable again...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    there's actually quite a few direct3d errors. the one i had meant my graphics card was crashing, when it tried to run those items.
    what was it called a kernal error.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
    Let's face it Arc online does not know how to program or code games well let alone a good launcher for games.
    every time they do a new patch they seem to **** it up every time and make gamers upset cause of it.
    I think they get off on doing it cause it happens every time they do a patch, and they love to hear us **** and moan about it all.
    in fact Arc online is NOT from the USA !! so anything not from the USA is crap and stinks 80% of the time cause they don't have the skill or knowledge to program or code good software !!!
  • Options
    gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
    I got this to: Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while resetting the device.
    Technical Details:28.41 GB RAM, 1.65 GB virtual space available