test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fixing Planar Fracture

hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
So with the changes to Skarn's Bane Planar Fracture has been made even more useless and redundant than it already was which is not an easy task to accomplish.

Basically this "Ultimate" is pathetic. Its graphics are very cool but its effect is to deal extremely little damage and add occasional random debuffs that are not all that useful... Pretty lame for an "Ultimate" with that sort of Cool Down.

So here is my idea: Change this attack altogether. You can give it a longer Cool Down if you need to but basically make it untargeted. Make the rift animation happen a few feet infront of the caster. Then make it so that it spawns one or two random uncontrollable pets for each enemy within a good range of the rift. These should take the form of hellish nightmares, shadow creatures, worms, or any other other worldly enemies you already have the assets for. These would remain for the duration of the Rift and attack those enemies with fairly standard claw swipes and the like. Once their chosen enemy dies they would converge on whatever targets were left. The Rift itself would deal no damage and the monsters would vanish when the rift closed. Sort of like Rakshasha's Mind Worm attack.

Now you could add a chance to summon things that attack the players as well if you want.

As for ranks into Planar Fracture these would either increase the number of spawned minions or the duration the Rift stayed open.
A perk for it could take friendlies slightly out of phase to increase their defense or allow you to instead summon one big powerful minion unstead of many little ones.

I think this would make this attack a lot more interesting and add back usefulness to it.

Comments

• Options
    caosdashcaosdash Posts: 60 Arc User
    Loving this Idea.
    I'm with you on this, Plannar Fracture needs some work and honestly there's nothing better than to make it act like what it really is;a rift from Qliptoph (Or how ever you spell it).
    Spawning Horrors and Nightmares is a great idea but I'd like to see it having a chance (maybe a 5%) of applying corruption. Heck, even pulling some henchmen in to the void.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    No, please don't force it to have a Qliphoth theme. We've got that covered with Endbringer's Grasp. Planar Rift should keep a more neutral theme.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kazecatkazecat Posts: 35 Arc User
    Yeah, it should stick to original purpose but it has to be increased significantly. Maybe a significant debuff or buff should come from it. I like have gravity driver has a defense debuff with it, and thematically I think this move should have a stronger debuff than that.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    How about this instead...

- Significantly increase damage
    - Enemies are constantly pulled towards the rift
    - Apply 1 random debuff per second per rank to all enemies in range (3 debuffs per second at R3)
    - Increse the variety of debuffs available (All debuffs except for Corruption)
    - Enemies at the center of the rift are guaranteed to be affected by Gravity Well
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    I feel like Planar Rift could be made infinitely better if it simply included buffs to nearby allies as well as debuffs to enemies. Again, I'd like to see more variety in the debuffs applied, as well.

Remember, this is (basically) the Ultimate power for the Sorcery powersets (technically it's the Mysticism framework, but much like how Implosion Engine doesn't really fit Archery Planar Rift really only fits the Sorcery sets), and the Sorcery powersets (Primal, Arcane, Radiant, and Ebon) are mostly characterized by control, debuffs and buffs. Also known as "support". Planar Fracture seems like an attempt at an offensive-based power for a framework that wouldn't really use it to it's fullest.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.