test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sideswipe - Dual Blade Tiger; MA changes coming, so potential rebuild advice needed

Martial Arts Framework
Vipers Fangs
- Spitting Cobra advantage now has a 35% chance to apply poison (from 20%). All hits are now a 220 degree cone.
- Cost increased slightly for all hits.

Reapers Caress
- Reapers Caress Hits 1 and 2 changed to 240 degree cones. Hit 3 changed to 360 degree cone.
- Bleeds can be applied to all targets hit. Chance to apply bleed.
- Cleaving Strikes advantage has been changed to apply Shredded when you finish the power combo.

Blade Tempest
- Blade Tempest Arc changed to 200 degrees.
- When finishing a combo now applies shredded to all targets hit.

so...changes happened; i don't think any of these changes are going to affect me much, but just in case... what, if anything, do i need to change on my build, power, gear or spec-wise?

this is the most current form of my build:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name: Sideswipe

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Unleashed
Level 6: Covert Ops Training
Level 9: Acrobat
Level 12: Physical Conditioning
Level 15: Quick Recovery
Level 18: Impresario
Level 21: Relentless

Powers:
Level 1: Rain of Steel
Level 1: Blade Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Form of the Tempest
Level 11: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 14: Eye of the Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 20: Dragon's Wrath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Masterful Dodge
Level 26: Thunderbolt Lunge
Level 29: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 35: Viper's Fangs (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics
Level 35: Distortion Acrobatics

Specializations:
Strength: Swole (2/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Juggernaut (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (1/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

i assume at the very least i'd want to look into getting the new MA energy unlock​​
#LegalizeAwoo

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Blade Tempest can now apply Shredded, which is pretty huge overall. Ya prob won't need Viper's Fangs since Blade Tempest already AoEs and now gives the same debuff for DW to do more dmg on single targets.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    so, just ditch viper's fangs for something else, basically...no idea what, though - guess i'll wait to see if any of the other MA powers get bumped up before i decide to blow a bunch of globals on removing down to VF; thankfully i won't have to remove too much to get to it

also, i've been considering getting the adv on dragon's wrath, since it adds damage based on your current crit chance and i happen to have a lot of it...plus, i only spam it after i've gotten 8 stacks of FotT and activated ego surge, which gives me even MORE crit chance, after which i go back to blade tempest once ES wears off - i'm thinking it might be worth the loss of R3​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Tiger's Courage is not fully multiplicative like the 20% of a normal rank is, so I prob wouldn't take it over R3 (unless recent balancing changes have also changed this, though I'm not sure about that).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    well, i've seen a few rumblings around that the damage scaling off high crit chance for it is...immense, so maybe it was changed

i suppose i could always check it myself by copying sideswipe to PTS (so i'm not blowing one of my valuable retcon tokens on live) and doing a little side-by-side comparison​​
    #LegalizeAwoo