test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fractal Aegis

xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Power Discussion
As the title states, I have an interest(and a few inquiries) about the power.
  • Is it a decent +RES buff? I plan to pair this with LR and R+RR for some survival on a hunter-ranger nature themed build
  • This build will also be a DPS/Off-tank, is the chilling reminder point worth it? Or should I just go R3?
  • How long, exactly, does it last? If it's a quick burst +Res, that's fine as it could be a bit of a 'oh crap' button if I see my health begin to decline/need a few seconds of reprieve.
Thanks in advance, all :)

Also: How is Imbue?, in case i'm not needed for off tanking and just wanna DPS my own little mob(say, in the TA lair for example)?
Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
Post edited by xcelsior41 on

Comments

• Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The res buff strength is listed as 30% and the duration is 10 seconds. That's from me looking at it on a character on PTS, I don't own the power on Live.

http://imgur.com/DKMizdO

You can look at the numbers with your given superstats and whatnot by hitting "P", going to "All Powers" and then change the filter to "Unavailable".

Won't show you rank-up numbers but it'll give you an idea of the base power numbers.

As Gradii said, doesn't really seem worth it in its present incarnation. Like most Ultimates, really.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.

The res buff strength is listed as 30% and the duration is 10 seconds. That's from me looking at it on a character on PTS, I don't own the power on Live.

http://imgur.com/DKMizdO

You can look at the numbers with your given superstats and whatnot by hitting "P", going to "All Powers" and then change the filter to "Unavailable".

Won't show you rank-up numbers but it'll give you an idea of the base power numbers.

As Gradii said, doesn't really seem worth it in its present incarnation. Like most Ultimates, really.

TY :). I mean, as a stand-alone I see what you mean, and yeah..the only good one left is GD(Funny, they just did a blog on power balances with lackluster Ults, talking about how they want to bring underpreformers up :D). But I think once I do like I said in the OP, it'll contribute :)

EDIT: Oh I remember the "All Powers" thing :D took me a sec though :P
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    gradii wrote: »
    Fractal aegis duration needs to be a lot longer or its cooldown a lot shorter. Currently it's only very useful for looking good.

And the Animation Visual Effect needs to be more Noticable

You see this screenshot as Advertised?
    9d7dee465aa0aebf0d9e7971154a01871448332706.jpg

Pretty Cool Huh? WELL TOO BAD! you cannot see it
    Yeah THIS effect is less than 1 Second, you can barely see it unless you play on Slow Motion! Thats my only complain with this Ultimate! onion-9.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

gradii wrote: »

Fractal aegis duration needs to be a lot longer or its cooldown a lot shorter. Currently it's only very useful for looking good.

And the Animation Visual Effect needs to be more Noticable

You see this screenshot as Advertised?

9d7dee465aa0aebf0d9e7971154a01871448332706.jpg

Pretty Cool Huh? WELL TOO BAD! you cannot see it

Yeah THIS effect is less than 1 Second, you can barely see it unless you play on Slow Motion! Thats my only complain with this Ultimate! onion-9.gif​​

That's why I got the power actually :D, but then I realized it didn't have that visual D:, but I do like the shards floating though after the use of the ability.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    gradii said:

That's why I got the power actually :D, but then I realized it didn't have that visual D:, but I do like the shards floating though after the use of the ability.

It does have the visual.. it just plays so fast you can't see it.
    A shame..well then, like avianos said, slow it down so we can admire it's works :P

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    The chilling advantage is 5000 aggro over some seconds and it's only 1 point. It's a fast charge so can be a good opener for a tank. It also knocks stuff up which can be nice. The cool down is ghastly though. The damage it doesn't do makes it not worth ranking up.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    sterga said:

The chilling advantage is 5000 aggro over some seconds and it's only 1 point. It's a fast charge so can be a good opener for a tank. It also knocks stuff up which can be nice. The cool down is ghastly though. The damage it doesn't do makes it not worth ranking up.

Oh I don't care for it's damage :D(Guess I shoulda specified that earlier lol) I want it for just what you said; A nice opener, and the 30% rez..now, is that per target(dependent on rank of course) or static?. And the recharge is...2 minutes? I plan to grab a piece of CD heavy gear through heroics, that might help a tad.

And one point? they have it on PH planner as needing 2. :/

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Hrmm some rather interesting... statements made about Fractal Aegis.

First and foremost, ranking this power up decreases the recharge time. Mine is a little over a minute on CD. Second, ranking it up also increases the resistance per tag. Mine currently gives 30% per target tagged up to 8, so basic math that's up to an additional 240% resistance, and that lasts 10 seconds, very good for alphas and spikes. Finally the advantage gives you 5000 additional threat over 10 seconds, or 500 threat per second. If you are in tank role that is being modified by your threat modifier, on top of its damage as well.

So to break it down using my build set up;

I have base 104% resistance, with 10% from tank role. Let's say I average 3 stacks of Aegis that gives me an additional 90% resistance for 10 seconds. My average damage mitigation would be 53.3% but when Aegis is up with just three stacks that takes me to 67.1% damage mitigation. Even one stack with 30% takes me to 59% mitigation. And that can spell a lot of difference.

My threat generation in tank role modifier is 1.86 I believe, and 5000 threat means I generate an additional 9300 threat just off Aegis alone with that 1 point advantage. Add in the damage which at Rank 3 I think is around 600 points (not in game so can't look) and barring criticals that's another 1116 threat generated for a total of 10,416 threat generated by the power every roughly a minutes worth of time. So on top of what I normally generate that's just gravy.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

Hrmm some rather interesting... statements made about Fractal Aegis.

First and foremost, ranking this power up decreases the recharge time. Mine is a little over a minute on CD. Second, ranking it up also increases the resistance per tag. Mine currently gives 30% per target tagged up to 8, so basic math that's up to an additional 240% resistance, and that lasts 10 seconds, very good for alphas and spikes. Finally the advantage gives you 5000 additional threat over 10 seconds, or 500 threat per second. If you are in tank role that is being modified by your threat modifier, on top of its damage as well.

So to break it down using my build set up;

I have base 104% resistance, with 10% from tank role. Let's say I average 3 stacks of Aegis that gives me an additional 90% resistance for 10 seconds. My average damage mitigation would be 53.3% but when Aegis is up with just three stacks that takes me to 67.1% damage mitigation. Even one stack with 30% takes me to 59% mitigation. And that can spell a lot of difference.

My threat generation in tank role modifier is 1.86 I believe, and 5000 threat means I generate an additional 9300 threat just off Aegis alone with that 1 point advantage. Add in the damage which at Rank 3 I think is around 600 points (not in game so can't look) and barring criticals that's another 1116 threat generated for a total of 10,416 threat generated by the power every roughly a minutes worth of time. So on top of what I normally generate that's just gravy.​​

My one question: Tap or charge? Does the 30% come with the tap or only on charge? I believe duration=charge time as well?

42 40s, LTSer.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    My one question: Tap or charge? Does the 30% come with the tap or only on charge? I believe duration=charge time as well?

That power is charge only. You don't charge it, it doesn't fire. There is no tap or charge in the equation.

It's a fast charge to, though if someone were to bring a clarity aura along it would be faster.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

xcelsior41 wrote: »

That power is charge only. You don't charge it, it doesn't fire. There is no tap or charge in the equation.

It's a fast charge to, though if someone were to bring a clarity aura along it would be faster.​​

Right..lol, sorry, never had any real reason to use it until now.. good to know it's quick. Also, it being charge only makes it much easier for me, in that no accidental half-charge or wrong click :)

42 40s, LTSer.