test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need help: Color scheme for Demon

exodawnexodawn Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Costumes and Concepts
Hey there.I need your opinions on a color them for a demon.She currently has the typical Black/Red/Grey scheme which is kind of boring but I can't come up with one that I like that's still kind of dark/evilish looking.
She is a demon, uses darkness powers and uses shadow wings/Kusarigama for transportation.
I want her to look kind of like you can believe that she's strong.

Comments

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Well if you're interested in how comic villains* were colored back in the day, they used many secondary colors, to contrast with the heroes' usually-primary colors. For instance, Superman had all the primary colors, Flash had two of them, etc. I know at least modern-day Lex Luthor uses lots of greens (secondary) and I think purple? Not sure on that one.

As you can see in the image below, the villains pictured all had strong secondary color themes, with greens and purples and oranges:

My favorite (if only) villain costume I made follows this standard; greens and purples overlaid onto black:

(The bracers on this character are supposed to clash on purpose; they're the thing that's forcing him to be a hero.)

I think it's a pretty effective use of color, and definitely better than the usual fallback of using red and black.

Hope this helps!

*She's a demon, doesn't really scream "hero" to me.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Do you have the costume file available? I'd like to try to fiddle with the color scheme some to see if I could give you ideas.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga