test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aspect of the Summoner - Pet Master Energy Unlock - Onslaught Gloves of Puppet Master

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Suggestions Box
While brainstorming and trying to think how I can make my Pet Summoner character better, efficient and NOT my Pets' Hitbox
I thought some additions that would benefit Summoners ingame!

I mean, we do have a Specialization exlusive for pet builds, so how about

Aspect/Form of the Summoner: A unique form, which would work like Mental Discipline and Inertial Dampening Field *
Every rank of this Aspect/Form, gives all your Pets and Psedo-pet powers (including pet devices) a Solid Damage boost!
This is a form you want to rank up to rank 3

but if you need energy in your build, you can also use:

Marionette Reverberation: Pet Master Energy Unlock a themetic energy unlock for summoners!
everytime one of your pets deals damage, you are granted a burst of energy!
The energy Unlock scales with either Presence or Endurance or [Insert Unpopular Stat here] , whichever is highter
This effect can only occur every 3 Seconds
This power exist to create synergy with the Aspect/Form of the Summoner, but also give new synergies for support builds!

Onslaught Gloves of Puppet Master: Lets be honest, none of the current Onslaught Secondaries Offense gloves benefit pet builds!
Now giving a unique effect gear for pet builds can be tricky!
for now I can only suggest boring raw-damage buff which increase ALL your pets' damage output by a solid 10%

Maybe we will get this new gear if DEVs introduce a new Onslaught Villain with Pet powers mechanics

Puppeteer! a Puppet Master Passive, You and what Army?:
The pet passive would grand your Pets increased damage, damage resistance and defence penetration!
You would also get thoses bonuses but on a lower scale! However, the passive would grand you Aggresion Stealth and Reduced Threat Generation to avoid getting mob-ganged, because as we know, a deticated summoner is basically his whole Pet Army's hitbox and the last thing you want is to get the Agro
yes im using Congress of Selves as reference here, please don't sue me

EXTRA ideas for the Passive:
  • Grand Energy Cost Reduction
  • Grand Reduced summoning time
  • Grands Resistance to all damage to the user when a pet is defeated

Not really needed but would be great
But Aura of Primal Majesty, Aura of Radiant Protection and Aura of Ebon Destruction (i personally prefer Ebon Destruction) are working great and benefit your whole team as well

No idea why would you ever want to use Aura of Arcane Clarity in a NON-Sigil pet build >_>

Of course i wouldn't oppose a passive for pet builds! AS LONG AS its not a buggy mess as the Congress of Selves onion-30.gif
for the sake of Variety!
The powers can be part of the Sorcerry Powerframe(s)

So what do you think guys?
If you have more ideas, feel free to contribute

Oh! and yes! please fix Pets' potato A.I​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    1: fix the pet AI
    2: buff pets overall to be more than a slight joke
    3: Implement these changes
    4: also, if you think about it, onslaught secondary gloves benefit only DPS toons fully, and tanks partially, so have ones which are mroe thana just...dps only is welcome
    • Defender gloves: extra threat, yay.. genetrate sheild based on damage done... yay? that's dps toon thou.
    • Slicer gloves: dot based on melee damage, suitable for melee dps mostly, and only partly to tanks.
    • Sniper gloves: when was the last time you saw a ranged tank that hit hard enough to get any benefit from these?
    • Savior gloves: +energy to team when you get energy...yay..useless
    • [preposeed] Controller gloves: hmm... could work on a pet toon if pets weren't junk.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    notyuu wrote: »
    1: fix the pet AI
    2: buff pets overall to be more than a slight joke
    3: Implement these changes
    4: also, if you think about it, onslaught secondary gloves benefit only DPS toons fully, and tanks partially, so have ones which are mroe thana just...dps only is welcome

Defender gloves: extra threat, yay.. genetrate sheild based on damage done... yay? that's dps toon thou.
    Slicer gloves: dot based on melee damage, suitable for melee dps mostly, and only partly to tanks.
    Sniper gloves: when was the last time you saw a ranged tank that hit hard enough to get any benefit from these?
    Savior gloves: +energy to team when you get energy...yay..useless
    [preposeed] Controller gloves: hmm... could work on a pet toon if pets weren't junk.

Pet AI fixing goes without saying!

Sad Truth really, there is an illusion of variety in the OSV gear, but all of them are related to damage!

also the Savior gloves are disgusting! I only use them to stack more PRE on my supports
    the sniper gloves deal only piercing damage, useless for non range-physical builds

none of those benefits or apply or pets, and I doubt pets need that extra energy...

any other suggestion you would like to add?

I could also suggest a special BLOCK power which would benefit and heal the pets or something​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    gradii wrote: »
    Passive:

Summoner's Will: Increases your pets damage resistance by 25/50/75%, (ranks 1,2,3) Their damage by 5/10/15% and their max HP by 10/20/30%. In addition whenever you summon a pet, or whenever a pet is defeated, you gain a bonus 25% resistance to all damage and a small heal over time for 10 seconds.

Thats actually a better passive idea than mine! onion-44.gif​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I like the thoughts behind this idea and the ideas expressed!

I think notyuu really got the order of changes correct.

I would also like to see Pet skin variety and access to more pet types which are not so magic based.
    edited February 2016
    Pet skins are good, and i will be happy to see more in the future, Even if I wouldn't be able to use them because I play with Silver Freeform Slots onion-21.gif (this goes to another suggestion for FF slots)

Of course NEW PET powers are always welcome!
    I would like to see a veriaty of pet powers, both Technological and Paranormal

Trying to think power names to fit the powers I suggested!
    I cannot think anything except of
    • Summoner
    • Tamer
    • Minion Master
    • Beastmaster
    • Puppet
    • Marionette
    • Puppeteer
    • The Chessmaster
    ​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    A new skin for command animals was added with Teleios Ascendant, those hounds from the Forum Malvanum Alert.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User

A new skin for command animals was added with Teleios Ascendant, those hounds from the Forum Malvanum Alert.

avianos said:

Pet skins are good, and i will be happy to see more in the future, Even if I wouldn't be able to use them because I play with Silver Freeform Slots onion-21.gif (this goes to another suggestion for FF slots)

Of course NEW PET powers are always welcome!

I would like to see a veriaty of pet powers, both Technological and Paranormal

​​

l would like to see more DEVICES similar to Teleiosaurus Pheromones. It could be possible make it its own category let's call it "Summon Toggle" category. That would impose an effect, that would prevent from using multiple summon Toggles Simultaneously, similar to travel powers. Speaking about travels, we need Dark Speed replacements as well. #MOARDIVERSITY

As for skins/colors for Silver FF. It's never mentioned anywhere in game directly, that Silver FF used to be unable to tint. Oppositely, it's advertised that they're absolutely free of power choice. l think this order is originated when non-subbed players had access to AT only. AT were supposed to have same colors. When FF slot was released, they just copied all permission from Silver AT & gave FF choice, but not extra inventory/auction/bank/cash cap, etc... And not tinting as well. They didn't denied that directly, but they made what was easier and just never bothered it.

But now they seems to overlooking all power visuals (reducing annoying and resource-intensive effects on bosses, etc), so maybe they'll finally look at that too.