test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Teleios or Telios or both?

The spelling is all over the place, with both being displayed and used both in-game and in the forums.

I think that Teleios is the correct spelling, but maybe they are both correct?
I know it's borderline irrelevant, but I find it irritating to see them both!

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    As per the source material -- the PnP book, Champions Villains. Vol. 1 -- the spelling is Teleios, which is claimed to be classical Greek for "complete" or "perfect."

All of the entries for the character from the original CO Wiki also spelled it that way: http://web.archive.org/web/20130813052039/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Category:Teleios_Lore
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Απλά Τέλειος~! handsomeonionplz.gif?1

(Αλλά όχι Ακαταμάχητος! ΜΠΛΙΑΧ!)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »

(Αλλά όχι Ακαταμάχητος! ΜΠΛΙΑΧ!)
    sorry, what was that?
    It's all Greek to me.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    avianos wrote: »

(Αλλά όχι Ακαταμάχητος! ΜΠΛΙΑΧ!)
    sorry, what was that?
    It's all Greek to me.

05d.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Te(hehe) Lei Os

It's part of a complete breakfast.

I'm sure Teleios, being complete and perfect, contains all the required nutrients.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    avianos said:

(Αλλά όχι Ακαταμάχητος! ΜΠΛΙΑΧ!)​​

Ahaha

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Actually, it's "Jerome". He just hasn't had the heart to correct everyone.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Well his name is actually Jakob Stroessen. >_>​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    As far as Teleios is concerned, Jakob Stroessen is dead, along with his destroyed original body. However, his PnP character sheet notes that as his "secret identity," so he must still use it in some context, possibly in relation to the many biological research companies and environmental groups he owns or has interests in.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    I thought it was Tea Leafos? J/K !!! But seriously, there are misspellings in a few places in the game. Apparently no one has time to correct them.
  • maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    I haven't noticed any variation in spelling, but it did take me several months to realize that Talos and Teleios aren't the same guy, so my powers of observation may be suspect.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    Teleios.

Tele-iOS.

He's an iphone. Keeping that in mind helps me to remember how to spell his name (always have misspelled it in the past).