test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cant decide on my costume

Been playing on and off since just after beta, and decided to resurect my old hero brown owl under a retconed name of owl, champion of a secret socity of justice in scotland, but I just cant pick a costume, I've had 4 on and off ones, but I just cant pick one to stick with, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    A for sure
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    photo a0132717-7d84-4382-93a2-e4cd53361724.jpg

Owl Woman picks A, but recommends changing the head to something more like B. Those steelhawk masks are more reminiscent of hawks,falcons, etc rather than owls imo.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    That's odd. I was going to say you should go with B, but change the head.

I put together a head that I think is reminiscent of a horned owl.

photo Costume_maatmons_Owl_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_507762341_zpspwafpmh6.jpg
  • Options
    thebrownowlthebrownowl Posts: 26 Arc User
    I originally ad a different head on A sort of like owlwomans, but looked far too much batman and another character called owl I saw on primus but hey, the form hath spoketh
  • Options
    The full mask you have on B is good for an owl theme but because of the colours used it doesn't look as clear as it could. I use it on Owl Woman's arctic costume............

photo 2789f907-08f5-4946-8d99-4408d77e550e.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Yeah. I'm going to tweek his colour scheme later when I get back on maybe a tan/sandy inner mask
  • Options
    settled on a final design, now just for colour schemes
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Use them all.
  • Options
    crashjrivecrashjrive Posts: 47 Arc User
    I liked B because of the under arm feather piece. To me it looked different and better than what is often used for a detective looking (or Batman/Nighthawk inspired) character. If you were to add something different for the head area I think it would be the best one.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    So, this thread made me take a real good look at my Owl Woman toon. I was never really 100% happy with her look. I have given her a revamp and thought that I would post the images here to see if the OP gets any inspiration from the head/mask I made for her........

photo screenshot_2016-02-13-02-13-58.jpg

photo screenshot_2016-02-13-02-11-15.jpg

My main inspiration for this was DC's Owlman. I studied various versions of his costumes to get the feel right.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User

Been playing on and off since just after beta, and decided to resurect my old hero brown owl under a retconed name of owl, champion of a secret socity of justice in scotland, but I just cant pick a costume,

What about switching the silver/grey colors for a scottish blue?
  • Options
    ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator

What about switching the silver/grey colors for a scottish blue?

Try this.
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User

So, this thread made me take a real good look at my Owl Woman toon. I was never really 100% happy with her look. I have given her a revamp and thought that I would post the images here to see if the OP gets any inspiration from the head/mask I made for her........

photo screenshot_2016-02-13-02-13-58.jpg

My main inspiration for this was DC's Owlman. I studied various versions of his costumes to get the feel right.

Gorgeous, but then your color schemes always look really good. I like the "feral" look of the costume as opposed to a more polished owl-inspired look.

As for the OP I liked B too better than the rest. But if the later looks are to be judged either the first or a more "natural" color scheme?

• Options
    couatl13couatl13 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Kinda amusing how many of us have owl inspired heroes... Almost makes me wonder if there's already an Owl themed SG out there that I should join...