test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Energy Wave - Hardened Particle Matrix

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Suggestions Box
I know it's of very, very little importance in the grand scheme of things, but...

Hardened Particle Matrix takes 3 Advantage Points, and makes the power give you a little bit of shielding for each enemy hit, up to 3. The base value of this shield is 300, for a total of 900 at base. This... REALLY isn't worth it. Could something get changed? Reducing the Advantage Point cost, or making it give some shielding regardless of target count (with more targets boosting the power further), or making it place shields on allies as well, or increasing the shield strength, or-... Something.

Again, I know it's not terribly important overall, but-... I'll readily admit that, on the selfish side, it fits my character's theme really well, and having it give a shield regardless of targets hit would make it immensely versatile for me, as I could most certainly use every aspect of what the power'd have to offer, then. :P
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    EDIT: Ack, did not mean to double post. D: Accidentally quoted instead of editing.
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I agree that the shielding isn't worth 3 advantage points--more like 1.

I use it on two toons--one uses the particle martix, and the other doesn't. For the hero with the matrix, it looks cool, but matters very little for a level 40 character. For the other, it does more damage and kockback at R3, but I wish that sweet, sweet visual were there.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Considering it's a cooldown power it would make sense that the shield should be decent. The question is how much.

Should it be equal in strength to an application of Mindful Reinforcement/Force Bubble? Stronger?
  • Options
    gradii said:

spinnytop said:

Considering it's a cooldown power it would make sense that the shield should be decent. The question is how much.

Should it be equal in strength to an application of Mindful Reinforcement/Force Bubble? Stronger?

Probably stronger if you're not factoring in PRE. Remember Mindful reinforcement and Protection field scale of PRE.

A better thing to compare it to would be the shield you get from field surge. about 4000 HP worth of shielding, regardless of PRE
    I'm admittedly not sure about having it go as high as Field Surge, given the relative cooldowns for each. X) Though, honestly, Field Surge could use some buffing, itself, so Hardened Particle Matrix ending up at 4000-ish doesn't sound too bad so long as Field Surge doesn't get left in the dust. Balance is hard. :( Or at least far-reaching.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Even a moderate buff to the shield would be great, so that it maxes out at 2000 health, instead of 900. That would already make the advantage very attractive.

Btw, the cooldown is pretty durn short.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    Maybe not only depending on targets number, but their rank as well, like Fractal Aegis does?
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    So, the matrix shield doesn't scale of Pre (or any other stat) at all? I wonder if shield specs work on it... wouldn't amount to much, if it has no scaling tho :(

My preference would be to make the shield strength independent from the number of targets hit. And then buff the shield to a worthwhile number.

Best looking bubble in the game, IMO... and a bit wasted in its current form.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    300 shield base? You may want to recheck that... the base is much lower... my Radiation build uses Energy Wave w/Matrix and her shield tops out at 450... 3 targets gets her 450 shields not 900, at lv40 in heroics w/ heirloom secondaries... so there is no way that the base shield is 300...

This advantage needs a MAJOR buff...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png