test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time to find out what all Celestial Cleansing can do!

williamkonywilliamkony Posts: 582 Arc User
edited February 2016 in Power Discussion
(EDIT) My timing is impeccable! :P The next big update is removing the buff-removal functionality of Celestial Cleansing, so at least half of the thread's purpose is gone. Does the debuff-removal still pique anyone's interest? X) (END OF EDIT)

I've been looking all over the place trying to find Celestial Cleansing info, and unfortunately, there's very little available. The general consensus is that the power is a waste of time, due to its cooldown, relatively small effect (1 buff and travel power from enemies or 1 debuff from allies), and general finickiness. Could very well be true! But there's at least one handy little trick available to it, and I want to find out if there's more. I'll even try to format this post to be a guide of sorts, at least if we can gather a substantial amount of information.

When used on allies

Debuffs removed

- Bionic Tampering (This is the debuff from Bionic Shield that prevents new applications for 15 seconds.)
- Energy Form Cancel (From using Force Cascade while under the effects of an Energy Form.)
- Full of Winter Cheer! (Debuff preventing the player from receiving Winter Gifts.)
- Battling Supervillains! (An effect flagging the player to be able to be attacked by Onslaught Supervillain players.)
- Seducing Kiss (From New Shadows Nightwalkers, puts them in stealth against you.)
- Bleed (Only one stack at a time.)
- Negative Chi (Debuff from Hi-Pan: Fury of the Dragon alert, increases damage taken when hit by spinny yin-yang attack. However, only removes one stack at a time.)
- Genetic Exhaustion (To be honest, I don't know WHAT this one does. It's tied to Onslaught somehow. Test server threads indicate this may become unaffected by Celestial Cleansing soon.)
- Malaise (From Shadow of Doubt, increases charge times by 15%.)
- Twisted Illumination (Nephilim. Only one stack at a time.)

Debuffs NOT removed

- Decloaked (From attacking out of Sneak.)
- Electric Surge (From Gigabolt, preventing charging the power for 8 seconds.)
- Particle Acceleration (Effect from Laser Sword's advantage.)
- Dark Transfusion (It's likely the health loss and healing resistance are bundled with the equilibrium increase and energy generation.)
- Confusion (-10% reduction in damage strength, on players.)
- Oppressive Magics (Hi-Pan: Fury of the Dragon debuff, locks out Travel Powers.)
- Brickbuster Gun MKII (Defense debuff from Brickbusters.)
- Magic Dust (Cult of the Red Banner Magician)

BUFFS removed

Effect removed, questionable as to whether it's good or not OR uncertain how it operates

- Crippling Challenge (The effect placed on a character when USING Crippling Challenge, not when being hit by it. It typically times how long before the taunt aspect of Crippling Challenge can be applied again. Not sure yet if this means it can be applied again)
- Overcharged (The effect from charging Experimental Burst Ray for 1.5+ seconds. This increases the damage of the power, but also gives it a chance to Overheat, preventing you from using the power.)

When used on enemies

Buffs removed

- Knock Resistance (Only one stack at a time.)
- Force Field Generator (Viper Squad Leader)

Buffs NOT removed

- Root Resistance
- Hold Resistance
- Confuse Resistance
- Teddified! (Arguable as a buff. One of Experimental Blaster's random effects. Makes the enemy unable to attack and vulnerable to knockback, but massively increases their damage resistance.)
- Corruption (Arguable as a buff. Effect of Endbringer's Grasp. Makes enemies fight for you, but gives them ally status so that they can't be attacked by you or your teammates.)
- Rally (Viper Squad Leader)
- Active Offenses (At least Ego Surge. Nimble Mind is unaffected, as well.)
- Active Defenses (At least Unbreakable.)

DEBUFFS removed

Effect removed, questionable as to whether it's good or not OR uncertain how it operates

- Ultimate Regen (from Regenerating Test Dummies. Doesn't seem to actually do anything, but the buff card disappears.)

Effects to test (feel free to suggest more)

- None come to mind

So, obviously, I don't have much yet. :P I'll be able to get testing done on occasion when cooperative friends log on, but that's a bit sporadic. For now, I just wanted to get the ball rolling and see if anyone else knows more that is affected, or if they have any suggestions on what to test out. And, heck, if you can catch me online and have power slots free, help with testing would be appreciated, as well!

Here's hoping something comes of this.
Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
Vixon@Tool-box, frighteningly eager to summon despair for his adversaries!
Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
Post edited by williamkony on

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    There's prob many DoTs it can remove, but for PvE I honestly dun really care about that much. More of a PvP thing..

What it can also remove:
    + Energy Form Cancel debuff from using FC w/ an EF.
    + Overcharged debuff from charging Exp Burst Ray.
    + Knock Resist buff on enemies (one at a time; not the whole stack). Must be tagged differently than Hold/Root resist.

What it canNOT remove:
    - Teddy-fication from Exp Death Ray's adv.
    - Domination effect from Endbringer's Grasp.
    - Electric Surge debuff from charging Gigabolt.
    - Illumination's debuff on enemies.
    - Particle Accel debuff from Laser Sword w/ adv.
    - Dark Transfusion's self-debuff.
    - Confusion debuffs.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Added those ones, thanks. :D Hopefully I got them all categorized correctly. Not sure exactly what you mean by Illumination's debuff. The one that makes allies receive Mend for attacking them? Don't think that needs to be listed given that it's purely a positive thing for allies, but if I'm wrong, lemme know. :P
    Dasher@Tool-box, donning his armor to prance into battle and blitz the enemy! No joke!
    Cupid@Tool-box, stunningly radiant stag ready to play matchmaker between villain and arrow!
    Jebin Zedalu@Tool-box, elementalist weaponmaster. ...One of these things is not like the others!
  • Options
    I meant the debuff when put on enemies- not allies. Though I also couldn't cleanse the buff version. I guess it doesn't matter for PvE cause you wouldn't want to cleanse those, though perhaps its relevant if there's something else ya wanted to cleanse and that's getting in the way (it wouldn't, it seems).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Weeell, that's a tremendous disappointment. :( Ego Surge and Unbreakable were not removed from my test opponent in a duel. It's reasonable to assume that all Active Offenses and Defenses have uniform flagging or typing or whatnot, so other Actives probably aren't removed, either.
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    See if it can remove Dark Illumination. It's a debuff(?) Nephilim enemies can apply to players that seems to last at least a full minute and it can stack. Being able to use that might actually be useful.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    zamuelpwe said:

See if it can remove Dark Illumination. It's a debuff(?) Nephilim enemies can apply to players that seems to last at least a full minute and it can stack. Being able to use that might actually be useful.

Seems it can! Gotta take the little victories. X)
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    With the upcoming changes to Celestial Cleansing, it will now reduce a foe's damage instead of purging debuffs
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yeah. :( The patchnotes came out just a couple days after I made the thread. I was too late! XD

At least the testing up to that point showed that it was nearly useless for buff-removal, anyway. :P
  • Options
    Last I checked, it was a 10% flat dmg debuff. Not too great, imo, but if ya wanted to specialize in dmg reduction ya could consider it.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well, it seems that ranks reduce the base cd. I mean, that is nice after the CDR nerf, but eh.. not too excited about the power in PvE.