test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Onslaught Anti Spawn Camping Measures

tau41tau41 Posts: 83 Arc User
So, I'm wandering through West Side, doing my daily, beating up UNTIL power armor doofs. I'm just about done, one more guy to go. Turn down the street, see a spawn point, think nothing of it... BLAM BLAM BLAM HERMES LASER TURRETZ DEAD.

...seriously, what. the. FBOMB. I asked around and heard "something something to prevent spawn camping."

If the reason those turrets exist *in West Side* is to prevent spawn camping, an EASY way to prevent that would be to clear the OV PvP Debuff on death. Instead, I got greased for walking down the street in the part of town that is LITERALLY TAKEN OVER BY CRIMINALS.

A note in the quest text along the lines of "By the by, those respawn points around town will kill you, so do avoid them" would be nice. Nothing like walking by the nice, happy glowy thing you've come to know as a recovery point and GETTING MURDERED.

My severe dislike about this... that is unbelievably terrible design. That's up there with requiring a player to get a fork in Zork and killing the player through a bizarre fork related accident.

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    I never worry about those turrets because I rotate through the 2 Until Defenders outside the Unity/Until building. No turrets there. Easy to get 350 tokens in 15 minutes.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    thank the people who played OV's, including in groups and kept hanging around Kodiak repeat killing the people there. Including following low levels or anyone who might have a passive which they could use to tag that person against their wishes.

There are turrets near ALL the defenders except UNTIL. There are ones in Ren center in front of Defenders area, which is why the OV fights are behind him. There are ones near main mission givers.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,434 Arc User
    There's also a turret to the right (as facing) the Recognition building. When playing an OV it's important to check to see if a hero is standing near that one so you don't hit it with an AoE and activate it. When fighting in RenCen one needs to be very careful. OTOH it's perfectly OK to fight inside the Recognition building :)​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!