test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Yeah Marvel sees how popular Harley Quinn books are and decides to copy. Its a bit sad really. As the biggest Wolverine/Marvel fan out there it saddens me to see the Marvel do stuff like this. I mean theres plenty of classic Marvel heroines that need their own book. Yet Gwen gets another book.

Past ten years of Marvel has been absolute garbage.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Where is Green Goblin when you need someone to take down another Gwen Stacy.
    Oh wait, it was Spidey who snapped her neck.
    Well what ever.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    They should stick with Spidergwen. Was fun enough, there's no need for this rehash.​​

They should stick with Spidergwen. Was fun enough, there's no need for this rehash.​​

Yeah they only just started doing SpiderGwen stories now we have another Gwen :I

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Wolverine and Deadpool.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I saw the Gen13/Runaways crossover!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Deadpool.

Fixed that for you.

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I lived through the maturation of superhero comic books as an artistic and storytelling medium over more than half a century... only to live to see this. :s
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    Seriously, it's just... Sad.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    At least we can go read the Squirrel Girl comics if we want something nice. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

At least we can go read the Squirrel Girl comics if we want something nice. :p

That makes what Marvel is doing even more sad. They came up with Gwen Pool to obviously try and counter Harley Quinn , this might shock you but the good doctor is the now most successful super "heroine" comic ( not too shabby for a cartoon character ).

Marvel already has an answer to that with Squirrel Girl but instead of pushing her more they do the Gwen Pool rubbish -_-"
    What makes it even worse is Marvel isnt hurting for sales at all at the moment they are the market leaders the Darth Vader comic is b**** slapping the competition.

They must be going hey we are doing good just now...LETS RUIN IT ALL FOR NO GOOD REASON!

Between this and the new Hulk I just dont know anymore :V
  • artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Sometimes I think 'producers' fail to realize why a one-off (well, in this case three-off) works: It's limited and quirky. The Holiday Special was enough to show said quirkiness (I didn't read the Howard The Duck isshes). A series (even if limited) is pushing it.

What's next, a Gwenpool movi... Hmm, Emma Stone as Gwenpool...
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
  • tehpawstehpaws Posts: 22 Arc User
    I still don't even get it. I heard about the concept early on even though I barely read comics these days, but I never understood the point. Spider-Gwen at least was an interesting "what if" parallel to Spider-Man, which sort of works because the two knew each other even before the bite accident. This is, by all rights, not even a what if story. It's a "because fans liked the quirky picture we drew" slapdash. If the article is to be believed, she's not even technically Gwen Stacy, so it matters even less.

Maybe there's a reason I petered out with Spider-Man way back during all the clone nonsense in the 90s.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    bring back the Spiderbabe comics​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    tehpaws said:

I still don't even get it. I heard about the concept early on even though I barely read comics these days, but I never understood the point. Spider-Gwen at least was an interesting "what if" parallel to Spider-Man, which sort of works because the two knew each other even before the bite accident.

*pushes up glasses*

Actually I do believe that Peter first met Gwen in collage.

Aanyway this looks really silly... and not in a good way, like maybe they're trying too hard...

Squirrelpool would have been better.

• tehpawstehpaws Posts: 22 Arc User
    beezeeze said:

...Ah, actually I believe you're right. It's been a long time since I've read Spider-Man. I stand by my opinion otherwise, though.

And I apparently really need to see what all the fuss over the reboot of Squirrel Girl is about.

tehpaws said:

beezeeze said:

...Ah, actually I believe you're right. It's been a long time since I've read Spider-Man. I stand by my opinion otherwise, though.

And I apparently really need to see what all the fuss over the reboot of Squirrel Girl is about.

Its not really a reboot Squirrel Girl is the same as always :D
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Am I correct in saying that this is basically as if someone said "Hey, you know that annoying 'lolz teh random' thing? Let's make a comic book of that.." ?
    spinnytop said:

Am I correct in saying that this is basically as if someone said "Hey, you know that annoying 'lolz teh random' thing? Let's make a comic book of that.." ?

Caliga, Xenomorph Drone, Akatosh and Spinnytop for NPC Champions lineup for CO2 confirmed.

• artmanpweartmanpwe Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    spinnytop said:

Yeah, kind of.

I'd also say it's Marvel's attempt to get Gurihiru Studios (Chifuyu Sasaki & Naoko Kawano) more work, with something short. I think Marvel likes their Anime/Manga style, but realizes an American audience might have their limits.

I have to say Gurihiru's section of the Holiday Special looked several orders more polished than the She-Hulk sections. I'm not sure about the writing though, but I don't think Gurihiru is doing that anyway. In the Holiday Special, the best written section was definitely Deadpool and Hawkeye(s).

I mention the Holiday Special, because the writing and art team that did the Gwenpool section will be doing the Gwenpool (mini)series.
    ...Since 2009.
    ArtManZupSig7_zps27j4ilyb.jpg
    nepht said:

spinnytop said:

Caliga, Xenomorph Drone, Akatosh and Spinnytop for NPC Champions lineup for CO2 confirmed.

I'm calling Rodyle as my sidekick.
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

spinnytop said:

I'm calling Rodyle as my sidekick.
    Nah Teddy would have to be the new Foxbat.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    o.-, I'm not sure which of those two would be worse sidekicking Spinnytop​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited January 2016
    chaelk said:

Answer: Linda.

Only person qualified to be her sidekick ^o^
    nepht said:

chaelk said:

Answer: Linda.

Only person qualified to be her sidekick ^o^
    No.
    edited January 2016
    spinnytop said:

No.

But the Ginger comes in two flavors Ugly Scully or Midget Tiger.

CO players dont need to read more Deadpool we dumb enough ._.
    nepht said:

spinnytop said:

No.

But the Ginger comes in two flavors Ugly Scully or Midget Tiger.

CO players dont need to read more Deadpool we dumb enough ._.
    Ill take Taiga u3u

Wouldn't really call her a redhead tho...
    edited January 2016
    The only time anything Pool was funny was when Deadpool made a Hank Pym mom joke.

And Spiderman still out funnehed him U_U
    nepht said:

The only time anything Pool was funny was when Deadpool made a Hank Pym mom joke.

Anyone ever tell Bat Man a yo mamma joke? How'd that turn out? u3u
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Anyone ever tell Bat Man a yo mamma joke? How'd that turn out? u3u
    Bats is a wuss The Joker makes dead parents jokes all the time. Bats still hasnt blown his head off >_>