test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm confused about this winter event

As I've stated previously, when the event first started I happened to be online early. The mission with BH in the Foundry was dropping the gear often and I'm betting it was bugged because I got a dozen pieces of gear in a short period of time.

Then no gear was being dropped and I noticed that I would get items put in to my bag with out having to pick them up. There was no marker showing the ? to take the items.

Now the ? is present and I get the typical package of goodies, but after running 100's of missions I have no gear drops.

My question would be is the gear I got in the beginning just lucky for me because of the bug or is the mission still bugged and gear won't drop now? Or is it such that I must buy the gear from the vendors and collect the items to turn in (pencils, CD's, etc)?

Comments

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I'm not sure, last year this event always dropped gear with the occasional costume unlock. I ran the event until I got all the costume unlocks I wanted then gave up. Now it's an event that you're supposed to farm, you get toys and those toys can be traded to the elves under the giant Christmas tree for everything that was on the drop list last year plus a few new ones. I suspect that those early drops were mistakes. They've fixed the gear drop so that the toys don't automatically open into your gear bags and are once again (i) pick ups and so perhaps those earlier drops were mistakes or intended to be rare.

There's still gear and toys it's just now you're supposed to buy it I suppose.