test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Making Naughty Nice is bugged

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
edited December 2015 in Gameplay Bugs
For some reason the custom alert isn't always giving credit for completing the mission. fixed

The custom alert is not always giving rewards at the end of the mission. fixed, though gear drops seem to be very rare or non existent from my experiences.

Credit for competing the custom alert is being taken away after the fact. fixed

People have reported that defeating Clarance isn't giving credit.

People are reporting that defeating Clarance is removing credit for defeating Black Harlequin. (not sure if this is still an issue)
Post edited by guyhumual on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I've heard people report that the mission disappears from their mission's log while fighting Clarance.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I seemingly did not get credit for beating Black Harlequin--text didn't turn green.

Still, I was able to turn in the mission for the award.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

I seemingly did not get credit for beating Black Harlequin--text didn't turn green.

Still, I was able to turn in the mission for the award.

I was able to do with with my main, I got credit for defeating Clarance but after two runs of Black Harlequin without credit I was able to turn it in anyways. I've done the Black Harlequin mission 8 times now and I've only gotten one drop (grandfather's winter's jolly boots) though I do get toys for the toy drive every time.
  • Options
    digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    I noticed this morning after I got back from an errand that the mission stopped giving drops. I ran it (4) times in a row with no drops. When I got back from work the vendor was giving out the mission so I picked it up. I ran the mission (6) times and only got one drop. I've yet to fight Clarence.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    drops go straight into bags except for gear drops

Mine -
    3 runs didn't register.
    4th run registered inside Finkle factpory but as soon as I left , it went back to not done.
    currently in hideout and it's listed as done again.
    left hideout, wen to incomplete again.

checked hand in anyway and the ?was above the guys head so I handed in.

so check the assistant, try going to hideout or another zone then come back​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I ran the mission (8) times last night with no gear drop.

I also noticed that the mission requirements are mixed up. Did any one notice this?

It says something like find and defeat Black Harlequin twice.... it's a really hosed mission. Strange that it worked fine for me early yesterday. I ran it and got a gear drop every time I ran it (even if they were duplicates).
  • Options
    I was able to complete the mission on two toons, fighting Clarence and Black Harlequin once each. Regardless of the beep sound or green text, the mission giver accepted the mission.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    I dislike that so many people are running the mission at a super high rate of speed. Unless you have a travel power which allows you to skip the mobs and you are a low level hero then you are stuck never or very slowly getting passed them. I've seen people never make it to the end because the high levels run it so quickly that they get to the end before the others.
  • Options
    Okay, here's another oddity:

The mission rewards say Winter Holiday Present, 3 winter charms. I have completed this mission twice now and have yet to receive a Winter Holiday Present, but instead I get a stocking.
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Okay, here's another oddity:

The mission rewards say Winter Holiday Present, 3 winter charms. I have completed this mission twice now and have yet to receive a Winter Holiday Present, but instead I get a stocking.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure this is yet another bug; on the test server, the daily gave 1 Charm and 25 of each of the five pointless trash items. Without that daily 25, the grind is even worse.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    the present opens automatically

also gear drops have been lowered as they are now some of the prizes in the store.
    and it doesn't have to list as finished to hand in.
    winter%203_zpso8wblswp.png​​
    Post edited by chaelk on

• Options
    I've run at least 100 missions today and I originally had the "defeat BH" done but later after my first battle with Clarence that portion of the completed requirements disappeared. I finally defeated Clarence and went back to the vendor but it won't let me turn it in. In fact the vendor doesn't even show that the mission is an option (like you normally see greyed out) but I have the mission in my list as active. sigh.
  • Options
    And the drops for the gear is ridiculous. This morning it was every thing time I ran the mission. Now I've run the mission 30+ times and got one gear drop. Balance people. Balance.
  • Options
    And the drops for the gear is ridiculous. This morning it was every thing time I ran the mission. Now I've run the mission 30+ times and got one gear drop. Balance people. Balance.
    RNG. just because you get a bunch together, doesn't mean you're going to keep getting them.

MIssion(supposedly daily) can be repeatedly collected.​​

• Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    I get the bug where it does not acknowledge Clarence and it says BH is good until I leave the Alert then it goes back to not done.
  • Options
    What I'm finding is what other have noted: that Clarence needs to be defeated first then you need to do the special alert. The developers should switch the order of the events as they appear for the daily, perhaps even having the second half, the black harlequin part not visible until you get credit for defeating the bear. Also, the reward should be something you get to open in your inventory rather then have it automatically open for you. What's the fun in having other people open your presents for you?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I defeated Clarence. It showed as done. Then I went to Finkle Foundry, defeated BH, and lost the green on Clarence. Went to the Assistant, and nothing. I've fought Clarence a few times since then (it's fun), but haven't shown any completion on it yet. I'll try BH again later.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    jonsills said:

I defeated Clarence. It showed as done. Then I went to Finkle Foundry, defeated BH, and lost the green on Clarence. Went to the Assistant, and nothing. I've fought Clarence a few times since then (it's fun), but haven't shown any completion on it yet. I'll try BH again later.

This is a bug I hear people complaining about but hasn't hit me personally yet so it's nice to have some personal confirmation in the thread.
  • Options
    Oh! Also, last time I turned in the daily I got the present rather then have it auto open for me.
  • Options
    So, getting credit for defeating Clarence still seems to be an issue. I've never had a problem but other have.
  • Options
    Some of my toons can get credit for Clarence no problem. On the other hand, Pyretta Blaze has tried for three days, and has yet to get credit (and on her last attempt, she scored almost 280k on the scoreboard). Spider-Bat can't get it either. Gunrunner took three tries; the Other One got it on the first attempt. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to this, no underlying pattern to discern. It's just one of those things, you know?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    Credit for defeating Clarence remains an issue.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Posts: 67 Arc User
    I feel that it is a disgrace that they didn't fix this daily mission bug before the event ended. Those extra items was what I needed if I were to get the Ice Sled vehicle I need. Wasted so much time trying to complete and get credit for both Black Harlequin and Clarence. And I would have got all I needed if this mission had just worked as intended. I only got the reward from the Finicky Foundry Alert once even though I played it many times. I even played with a Dev (said so in chat) that saw how I didn't get completion of the mission.

As this bug has been known ever since 2015-12-10 you should fix the bug, put the event back on an additional 21 days. Or at the very least an additional week.

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    I don't know if I would go as far as calling it a disgrace but it does suck that it's been left broken and will likely remain broken until next year.
  • Options
    I must say, it is pretty lousy that the Devs did not acknowledge the ongoing nature of this bug, considering this was the major, seasonal event.

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I must say, it is pretty lousy that the Devs did not acknowledge the ongoing nature of this bug, considering this was the major, seasonal event.

The devs were, for the most part, on vacation, and this bug was never observed or reported on PTS.
  • Options

The devs were, for the most part, on vacation, and this bug was never observed or reported on PTS.
    It's a new year, soon over the whole planet, and it feels a bit petty to complain. But isn't the least we could expect from an Event that the main daily mission works. If they get reports that it isn't, isn't the least we can expect that they solve it and that they will prolong the event with as many days as it takes to fix?

And yet this bug was first posted December 10th, way before the holiday season begins, usually.
    Yet they chose not to fix it before going on holiday or prolonging the event until they have had time to come back and fix it and then some. Instead they ended the event while the fully working winter events in Star Trek Online (December 3rd to January 15th) and Neverwinter Online (December 17th to January 7th) both continue well in to January...

As for PTS not reporting this bug, well that says more about the reliability of using the PTS as any kind of measuring of how well something works. Frankly, over the years I've seen countless bugs reported on PTS that never gotten fixed before they released it on the live server. Sad but true. The bug didn't just happen on one of my characters either, it happened on all I tested it on.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

It also wasn't on the ptr very long before the event went live. They tried to fix it once but didn't try to follow up before they went on their vacation. Hopefully they consider fixing it in time for next year.
  • Options
    I had no problem collecting all the items I could possibly need - heck, I've still got a bunch from last year, and now more saved up for next. What I couldn't do was collect enough Winter Charms on any one toon to get the vehicle I was after (the Millennium Spirit 903F - the colors went perfectly with SpearMint's costume). If you didn't finish the Daily, after all, you got precisely one Charm for each time you beat Clarence. And there is absolutely no way I was going to fight Clarence fifty freaking times. This isn't my job, this is supposed to be my entertainment, and there's nothing entertaining about that.​​

• Options
    I will add a quick follow up. I experienced this bug twice out of the many, many times I battled Clarence, and the two times I experienced it I was using my battle healer Red Coat. For me it wasn't a high fail rate, mind you, those two fails were back to back. On one of those fails I got a Clarence jaw which made not getting credit less sucky.

With both fails: Arrived to see Black Harlequin though I didn't attack him, I almost never attack him, and engaged the bear as soon as he dropped. I attacked and healed almost constantly, though I usually paused long enough to report to anyone in the channel where the Bear was if they asked, and by the end I was in the top half of the scoreboard. I've never failed to get credit with this toon prior, and after the second fail, didn't fail on the final day of the event to get credit. For the life of me I can't think of anything I did different.

I think with the Onslaught Villains players trolling the event early on it's likely this bug got put on the back burner. There were other problems with the event as well that were fixed as you can see from my OP. This and Cybermind are very frustrating though, it's about 8 to 12 minutes to defeat Clarence, and depending on where you were in the cycle, maybe half an hour till he spawns again in another zone. Not getting credit wasn't a big deal early on as Clarence was spawning all the time, but then there was the problem with the OVs, and so the majority of the Dev's time was spent seeing that Clarence spawned as he should and that the OVs had consequences. So it's not as if the Devs weren't working on the event, it's just that Clarence not giving credit towards the mission "Making Naughty Nice" was not one of the things fixed.
  • Options
    I'm not saying they don't have to prioritize. That's a given. But they continued an event and ended it on schedule even though the daily mission was bugged and many couldn't do it. That to me means, either prolonging the event until they have fixed it and then some, and/or compensating those affected byt it.
  • Options
    I'm not sure about more compensation, they did that one already for this event, but extending the event for another week I think would have been appropriate. I hope they have this bug fixed for next year.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

How did they compensate for this event already?

They gave out a freebie bonus pack in week 2.
  • Options
    it had an action figure and 50 of all the toys, there may have been more but I can't remember.