test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you Devs!

Wow... Kind of sad that I do not see another one of these right now.

We have been asking for some bug squashes and a lot of costume fixes for a long time and it looks to me like you were listening to that. Anyone who looked at the last patch notes should have noticed a LOT of costume fixes and some reward boosts and upgrades as well as a few bug fixes.

I know some will mention that there are more that need fixing but it feels to me like it was a pretty big fixing patch and I love to see it.

So thank you to everyone who worked to fix all those little errors, add new textures, and fix up the bugs and rewards!

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    did you read the patch thread or the pts thread​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    Good thing you thanked them now because you never know when Cryptic will throw the hard working people to the curb with pink slips like in May.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Good thing you thanked them now because you never know when Cryptic will throw the hard working people to the curb with pink slips like in May.

Some of them that got thrown to the curb, as you put it, really shouldn't be defended. It's sad that such things happen, but when you are not living up to expectations or doing your job you were hired to, do you really expect to keep it? On the other hand, some developers are just caught up in the sway of how the industry is. If a project is canceled and you have no where else to put those excess developers you aren't going to sit there and continue to pay them to sit around.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

The master of subtlety, folks.
    biffsig.jpg

The master of subtlety, folks.
    From the guy who took one of their jobs and does it for free, folks.
    Hey in my defense, I do it terribly. :D

You still think Tiyshen got fired because I took her job? Man, let it go, your made-up course of events is silly.
    biffsig.jpg
  • pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    Let's not derail the thread, ok, nextname?

I totally agree with the OP - thank you so much dev team for the current work on CO. Your work lately has been pretty great. :)

Good point. People pay to play this game and have a community forum that is moderated 'terribly' by volunteers because the company has not invested in a community representative dedicated to this game in years.

You still think Tiyshen got fired because I took her job? Man, let it go, your made-up course of events is silly.

I didn't ever say because. Employees generally don't get fired because someone else volunteers.
    However if a company knows they can get something for free they will kill a position and they did and you were the volunteer that stuck around. Good job. I hope your pride in the work you do here makes your heart glow so bright that Tiyshen can be warmed by it in her cold wet alley cardboard box home.

Thanks Dev team, for not letting Biffsmackwell take your job too!

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    The bug fixes were very nice to see. Thank you!!!​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!

Good point. People pay to play this game and have a community forum that is moderated 'terribly' by volunteers because the company has not invested in a community representative dedicated to this game in years.

I didn't ever say because. Employees generally don't get fired because someone else volunteers.
    However if a company knows they can get something for free they will kill a position and they did and you were the volunteer that stuck around. Good job. I hope your pride in the work you do here makes your heart glow so bright that Tiyshen can be warmed by it in her cold wet alley cardboard box home.

Thanks Dev team, for not letting Biffsmackwell take your job too!

Very dramatic!
    biffsig.jpg
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    community moderators on all three games are players.
    The only company position is Community Manager, which Cryptic Arkayne is doing and sometimes ladygadfly.
    You can tell by the fact they post the news threads.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited November 2015
    Who is Alex, he's the one that mispells the announcements.

He's been missing from Steam, oh that wasn't him that posted the announcement, I did that for him.

Hey Alex, sorry if I took your job, man.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Yay!! Thank you for the awesome effort!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Yes, Thanks for getting around and doing your Job in giving the support for your game. *Awkward Smile* Waiting for that hope for greater progress to sink in.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    rtma said:

Yes, Thanks for getting around and doing your Job in giving the support for your game. *Awkward Smile* Waiting for that hope for greater progress to sink in.

Backhanded congratulations is not required. We all understand that the Devs are trying to do their jobs and if they were not doing what their masters PWE/Cryptic found acceptable they would not be employed very long.

I am glad that the priorities of PWE/Cryptic can now align better with our priorities and that the Devs are being given the opportunity to make these fixes and are doing it.

Purely a good thing that this is happening. I would say just keep it up.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Great costume fixes and soon the super-creator!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Backhanded congratulations is not required.

Hardly, Merely an observation my dear, I'm aware it's Business first, give a F*** whenever we're told to.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    rtma said:

Backhanded congratulations is not required.

Hardly, Merely an observation my dear, I'm aware it's Business first, give a F*** whenever we're told to.

Who are the "we" in the "we're" above?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

Who are the "we" in the "we're" above?

We're as in Cryptic, as in their Bosses/Masters, We as in their Business. Players and Developers using the game, wither you like it or not, liked it and don't, don't like it but do, continue to play or don't.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

rtma said:

Backhanded congratulations is not required. We all understand that the Devs are trying to do their jobs and if they were not doing what their masters PWE/Cryptic found acceptable they would not be employed very long.

I am glad that the priorities of PWE/Cryptic can now align better with our priorities and that the Devs are being given the opportunity to make these fixes and are doing it.

Purely a good thing that this is happening. I would say just keep it up.
    Both yourself and RTMA are correct. Yes its great the devs are fixing things and making improvements the best way to reward the devs is to buy something from the store. They added villain gameplay and open world PvP somthing I've wanted to see in the game for years so I spent some cash buying stuff for the game ^_^

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Very dramatic!

Wtf, I take a break to play Fallout4 and you're back here stealing my lines? u3u
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    This might be excruciating for some people, but it'd be great to let a Thank You thread just be that. The OP clearly intends for this to be about thanking the people who put effort behind this game. Which I myself totally appreciate because I play the game and pay the monies. But I also think that for people who are actually working hard on something it's nice to actually see a note of appreciation from the people that their work is benefiting.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kamokami said:

This might be excruciating for some people, but it'd be great to let a Thank You thread just be that.

In the CO community, all positivity must be laced with sarcasm and finger-pointing. To change this, some people would have to question their relevancy, and that's not going to happen!
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    kamokami said:

This might be excruciating for some people, but it'd be great to let a Thank You thread just be that. The OP clearly intends for this to be about thanking the people who put effort behind this game. Which I myself totally appreciate because I play the game and pay the monies. But I also think that for people who are actually working hard on something it's nice to actually see a note of appreciation from the people that their work is benefiting.

Exactly! I work my tail off in my job and honestly it is nice to hear someone be actually grateful. It can really make doing your job easier and feel more worthwhile.