test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Myriad: Lights & Shadows

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
I've recently rebuilt Myriad to give her a greater damage focus than she hadd before, but I wanted to preserve her survivability as much as I could in the process... this is what I ended up with... initially she was using Regen (originally selected as her passive just to prove a point) but as of today I've decided she needed some more strength behind her attacks... so since she uses TK and Shadows I figure I may as well go with Shadowform... boost her offense while preserving a small amount of her passive regeneration... bolstered with Siphoning Strikes & Devouring Darkness she rarely needs to use her Conviction (7k max HP currently and I see 1.7k heals regularly from her Siphoning Strikes)

PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=11&n=Myriad&d=1537bihgdcj4010E100E209EC00EI04EH07EL05EK05EJ00E500K804KF05K503J5039G040t5H3V7609gO

Name: Myriad

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Scourge
Level 6: Field Ops Training
Level 9: Survival Training
Level 12: Command Training
Level 15: Paramilitary Training
Level 18: Martial Training
Level 21: Jack of All Trades

Powers:
Level 1: Ego Blade
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
Level 6: Ego Reverberation
Level 8: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 11: Mental Discipline (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
Level 14: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Id Infusion)
Level 17: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
Level 20: Ego Blade Breach
Level 23: Ego Blade Frenzy
Level 26: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
Level 29: Summon Shadows (Rank 2, Devouring Darkness)
Level 32: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Energy Shield (Laser Knight)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics
Level 35: Flight

Specializations:
Ego: Mental Endurance (3/3)
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Retribution (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

I'm looking at replacing Ego Blade Frenzy with Lance Rain once I get around to unlocking it... and given how she rarely ever needs to use Conviction, I'm considering dropping it for Resurgence and putting those 4 advantage points elsewhere...

Any input or feedback?
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Looks okay for the theme. Since ya already have EBA, what are you using TKL for?

If using TK blades, I'd prob get Focused Strikes in Vind as well. Ya can trade in Modified Gear or Rush of Battle for it. Warden for Slaughter and/or Upper Hand would also be better than Guardian for boosting the crit% of the combo (and thus the rate of Siphoning procs).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I know using both EBA & TKL is a bit awkward and unwieldy to most... but I find the combo works pretty nicely... I use TKL for the ID Infusion buff then while thats still going I get a few quick hits in with EW & EBB putting me back at a full 5 stack of Ego Leech & 3 stack EBB while ID Infusion is still going and finish with a fully buffed EBA...

Plus I designed her as a melee/ranged hybrid initially and I don't want to let go of that concept for her, TKL is for now (until I can unlock Lance Rain) her only ranged attack... she used to use TKL & TKBurst and I'd tap TKBurst for quick Ego Leech stacks... but I wanted something different...

Really the only powers I'm not to sold on for her currently are EBB, EBF, and Conviction... since as I said, I rarely ever use Conviction due to her passive heal procs & Siphoning Stikes, so I'm thinking R1 Resurgence would be a better choice for her so I can free up some adv. points. EBF was in her original build but with her new rotation it kinda feels just tacked on now, so I'm most likely going to drop it for Lance Rain once I unlock it... and EBB, I like the debuff but I'm not really sure if it's really worth keeping with my current rotation...

I'll probably drop TKL from my rotation and use it more as an alpha strike on bosses and for ranged situations (like a quick TKL charge before lunging back after being knocked across the room) If I do that, then should I drop the ID Infusion adv. in favor of R3 instead?

As for your spec suggestions... I'll take a look and see how it works out for her. If I pick up those 2 specs, then should I switch to 2/3 6th Sense/Follow Through for the higher Severity for Siphoning, or stick to 3/2 for the higher proc rate? I get the feeling that in the end the average heal rate from it might be about the same either way though...​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Ok... I did some PH testing... with my current gear (which is in desperate need of replacement, it's Pre On-Alert gear >.<... working on getting Heroics & Onslaught) the trade-off between 3/2 6th/Follow and 2/3 6th/Follow is 2% Crit Chance for 8% Severity... Which amounts to ~150 more healing from 3rd strike of EW... 2% drop in crit rate doesn't seem to have had any noticable impact...​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    As for your spec suggestions... I'll take a look and see how it works out for her. If I pick up those 2 specs, then should I switch to 2/3 6th Sense/Follow Through for the higher Severity for Siphoning, or stick to 3/2 for the higher proc rate? I get the feeling that in the end the average heal rate from it might be about the same either way though...​​
    Well, it is only one point worth of diff, and either way boosts crit in some fashion. Imo, its not a big deal either way, though it may be somewhat determined on how much ya focus on Ego vs. the other SS's, due to the diff scalar.

I understand about having a decent ranged option for this sort of build- I was just curious concerning TKL's inclusion. If it mostly just to have a longer-range option, then a couple of diff powers could work fine there.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!