test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 10/27/2015

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2015 in Release Notes
Release Notes 10/27/2015
- Added Turakian Coin drop to completion of Crypt instances.
- Adjusted drop rates Turakian Treasure Chests.
- Added Onlslaught Turrets at Champions building near Takofanes.
- Added Turakian Coin drops to default Takofanes OM.
- Fixed Turakian Coin drop rate on Harbinger of Woe.
- Changed Crimson Demonwing to use Mk II version of Incendiary Rounds.
- Changed Blood Moon Ghost Ship open mission to grant tokens for participation.
- Added text clarification of non-stacking of spectral aura.
- Increased damage and health buff of ghost ship.
- Trick or Treat event is now active.

These player & moderator maintained bug threads are checked weekly by the development team:
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1199083/costume-bug-list
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Ok..simple question...are you ever going to fix Personal Force Field?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    notyuu said:

I'm sure it's up there with Congress of Selves. I think it might just be a scheduling thing...but I honestly would love to see these two fixed as well as other power related bugs, ASAP.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    "Changed Blood Moon Ghost Ship open mission to grant tokens for participation."

I don't see any difference, still 10 for 1st place, and 5 for 2nd, the person getting 3rd didn't respond and the 4th place didn't get any tokens at all.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Added Turakian Coin drops to default Takofanes OM.
    - Changed Blood Moon Ghost Ship open mission to grant tokens for participation.

Err... What tokens? I don't see any changes in tokens here.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    notyuu said:

I think it's safe to say "not as part of a patch totally unrelated to personal force field".
  • Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    On the PTS post FC.31.20150919.20 - LIVE Fixes (which is here) I saw this

Release Notes for FC.31.20150919.20
    This build is available on PTS as of 10/26/2015

Blood Moon Event

- Increased Turakian Coin drop for participating in Zombie Apocalypse.

But I don't see this mentioned above. Was this increase still apart of this release?
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    ZA still only gives 3 tokens.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The ghost ship isn't awarding more coins, came in 5th and all I got was some useless green. Increasing the damage and health with out increasing the rewards only ensures that very very few people will care about this.

All these changes did was make this event even grindier.
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    How do we farm for coins now? Harbinger of Woe only drops a coin, the chests have been nerfed to the ground so that half of them carry rocks, and trick or treat bags only give one token every so often.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    riltmos said:

How do we farm for coins now? Harbinger of Woe only drops a coin, the chests have been nerfed to the ground so that half of them carry rocks, and trick or treat bags only give one token every so often.

The Crypt mission for the undead hero part now give 5 coins, so circle around the crypt missions due they reset rather quick.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - Adjusted drop rates Turakian Treasure Chests.

The fact that you guys STILL didn't fix the fact that Treasue Chest still give level 1-2 Devices and added ROCK in the loot table is a pretty Cruel Joke​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    People were farming the heck out of the crypts. You could endlessly cycle the same crypt, collecting the chests and beating the Harbinger every time, just skipping the miniboss (Strength of Takofanes). Each run took a couple minutes, and netted 8 coins or so (3-5 chests about half had a coin), 5 coins for Harbinger). You didn't need to complete a mission, find another crypt, or anything.

It's how people were able to amass enough coins for the vehicle so quickly.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    avianos said:

The fact that you guys STILL didn't fix the fact that Treasue Chest still give level 1-2 Devices and added ROCK in the loot table is a pretty Cruel Joke​​

There's actually something sorta weird going on with the device levels. Some versions of the devices are the correct level so it seems like it got fixed in one place in the code but not all places.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    There's actually something sorta weird going on with the device levels. Some versions of the devices are the correct level so it seems like it got fixed in one place in the code but not all places.

I think the difference in the devices having levels or not may be affected by whether or not they were from the chests or drops from the zombies.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2015

riltmos said:

The Crypt mission for the undead hero part now give 5 coins, so circle around the crypt missions due they reset rather quick.
    Yeah, this will still provide you with enough options to farm the coins and as well when you kill the undead heroes, there is a chance you get a device (to sell).
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kallethen said:

I think the difference in the devices having levels or not may be affected by whether or not they were from the chests or drops from the zombies.​​

The Harbinger drops devices that match its level; zombies probably do too, but the open world ones may be fairly low level and the drop rate is quite low.
  • Options
    When playing in teams only one person still gets the drop from the Woe.

Granted it's only 1 coin now, but every coin counts.
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    riltmos said:

My guess is they are expecting you to use drifter salvage to cut through the mind numbingly boring grind of this event.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    You just have to do the missions, which are easy to cycle through. Six coins for offing the Harbinger/completing the mission and the chests will still drop the occasional coin. That + Catalysts + Q Boxes + Servitor is a pretty reasonable harvest for one crypt.
  • Options

That + Catalysts + Q Boxes + Servitor is a pretty reasonable harvest for one crypt.

This I agree with. Still, many veteran players (like most forumites) really only care about farming to get the new shinies, which they plan to secure this year, the first time available. Most players don't fit that profile, 1% rule and all.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I went all the way through the mission, no farming.
    majorly low boredom threshold, so I loathe farming
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I just noticed that the daiy "Blood Moon Rising" in a team doens't count the reaniamted turakians asa team, you sitll need to count them seperatly, stupid consdiering not all people can girnd like made and only want to do the daiyl quick and taht every othermission it is not so and counts such still.

Edit: Ok, apperently if both hit them atleast with a attack they count for both, but still there lifebar isn't big so they sitll die fast and only count for only one there.
  • Options
    Is that the trick?

I helped a friend run his missions for 5 toons. My job was to kill the Woe. While we both registered damage I only got 1 of the 5 coins, while the other player got the other 4. And while that specific toon can get through a crypt in 2+/-mins including killing the bad guys, I was still disappointed not getting the coin.

I'll have to admit though that we didn't spend much time on zombies cause it was too late for me and you can always get them outside the crypt.

Next run I'll try to make sure, we both fight all through the last room.
  • Options
    bazodee said:

Is that the trick?

I helped a friend run his missions for 5 toons. My job was to kill the Woe. While we both registered damage I only got 1 of the 5 coins, while the other player got the other 4. And while that specific toon can get through a crypt in 2+/-mins including killing the bad guys, I was still disappointed not getting the coin.

I'll have to admit though that we didn't spend much time on zombies cause it was too late for me and you can always get them outside the crypt.

Next run I'll try to make sure, we both fight all through the last room.

I mean the Reanimated Turakians for the Daily, also the 5 coins are now rewarded by the crypt misison itself while the Woe now drops one coin to only one member of the team, you still get five for the crypt itself trough the misison. This was made so people not farm the same crypt over and over by just not finish the mission.
  • Options
    So for the Blood Moon Rising mission (dweomer):
    - Kill the Woe (1 Tcoin)
    - Kill 150 of the zombies
    Reward: Total 26 (25 if it Woe coin doesn't drop while you are in a team)

For the crypt mission for the 13 undead heroes: (This you can rinse and repeat depending on how much you like the grind)
    -Kill the Strength
    -Touch the alter
    (optional for Q and other stuff - differs per crypt: Kill the 2nd strength, Kill Wrathful, Kill Willful)
    (optional pick up treasure chests)
    Reward: Some body part and 5 Tcoins.

So if I understand, the Reanimated Turakians are the big guys that remove your travel powers. These are the guys I should pay attention to, even though they don't really count for completing missions, but may have some impact on who gets the 1 coin for killing the Woe in a team.

(yeah, sometimes I annoy myself with how nitpicky I can get for silly minor stuff, but when you're grinding you need quickest way to your goal :# )

• Options
    bazodee said:

So for the Blood Moon Rising mission (dweomer):
    - Kill the Woe (1 Tcoin)
    - Kill 150 of the zombies
    Reward: Total 26 (25 if it Woe coin doesn't drop while you are in a team)

For the crypt mission for the 13 undead heroes: (This you can rinse and repeat depending on how much you like the grind)
    -Kill the Strength
    -Touch the alter
    (optional for Q and other stuff - differs per crypt: Kill the 2nd strength, Kill Wrathful, Kill Willful)
    (optional pick up treasure chests)
    Reward: Some body part and 5 Tcoins.

So if I understand, the Reanimated Turakians are the big guys that remove your travel powers. These are the guys I should pay attention to, even though they don't really count for completing missions, but may have some impact on who gets the 1 coin for killing the Woe in a team.

(yeah, sometimes I annoy myself with how nitpicky I can get for silly minor stuff, but when you're grinding you need quickest way to your goal :# )

For farmign i say run past treasure chests and still pick them up due they sitll have a coin dropchance, but yeah msotly how you descriped it it mostly works. Still wrost grinding event so far, mechanon had atleast 3 daily misisons as a bit of variety but here we run the almost same crypts over and over.
  • Options
    Reanimated Turakians are all of the zombies from the event. That includes outside the crypts, in the crypts, and with the Deathlord/Takofanes.

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Sad that this event isn't team friendly. I'm not sure if that many people have builds that can solo the crypt boss. Running the crypt endlessly can still be done, it's just not worth it for only 1 coin. It's not like it's a big deal though. I picked up tons of coins and questionite just running the crypts normally before getting lazy and just farming the nimbus crypt. You only need to kill the undead hero once. After that, the mission to run the crypt will always be available as long as the undead hero isn't up. The mission is on a 30 minute cool down.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    "I'm not sure if that many people have builds that can solo the crypt boss." I just do this event on my behemoth
    ._.
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    sterga said:

Sad that this event isn't team friendly. I'm not sure if that many people have builds that can solo the crypt boss. Running the crypt endlessly can still be done, it's just not worth it for only 1 coin. It's not like it's a big deal though. I picked up tons of coins and questionite just running the crypts normally before getting lazy and just farming the nimbus crypt. You only need to kill the undead hero once. After that, the mission to run the crypt will always be available as long as the undead hero isn't up. The mission is on a 30 minute cool down.

You can't run it endlessly like that to get coins anymore. Just one per run.

To get 6 coins, you have to complete the mission, so just once per 30 minutes, instead of once every 3 minutes or so.

And many, many people could beat those crypt bosses solo. They are based on pre-Alert characters.

• Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    What are Rocks for again?​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    deadman20 said:

$10 - $20 per rock.

wait...what are you talking about again? just...just ignore this comment
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User

You can't run it endlessly like that to get coins anymore. Just one per run.

To get 6 coins, you have to complete the mission, so just once per 30 minutes, instead of once every 3 minutes or so.

And many, many people could beat those crypt bosses solo. They are based on pre-Alert characters.

Uh, yeah. That's what I said. You can keep running the same crypt, but you only get 1 coin instead of 5. Which is why I said it wasn't worth it and that it's not a big deal anyway. Each crypt has it's own 30 min reset timer. You can just go between all the crypts and run them as long as you kill the undead hero once.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The Crypt and Coin adjustments really aren't that bad. I just ran from Crypt to Crypt.. and got about 60 coins in just under 2hrs play time. And that's was with chatting, stopping to do random stuff, and not really focusing on grinding. Oh yeah and on a Soldier AT. I'm sure people on geared up super-toons can still crush out a lot of coins per play session. (I have earned a total of 304 coins since the event started. And I'm playing casually on just AT's.)

As an aside. I really, really hope the devs are looking at teaming mechanics in the game. I wouldn't mind an update that was solely devoted to making teaming more attractive. Even a reward bonus to teams or something. Yes.. that's a little off subject but since we have their attention in this thread.. just tossing it out there.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    Rocks are just loot.

• Options
    deadman20 said:

I've been wondering about this for years. No has had yet explained why it came to be and why it is still used. I guess CO's whacky sense of humour.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    bazodee wrote: »
    deadman20 wrote: »
    What are Rocks for again?

I've been wondering about this for years. No has had yet explained why it came to be and why it is still used. I guess CO's
    whacky sense of humour.

I got a Rock
    [video]https://youtu.be/5tIhwITwhSg[/video]

I presume its a Haloween thing, how cruel can you be to give kids ROCKS?

Also making the rock part of the Treasure Boxes' loot is a Cruel Sadistic Joke​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    bazodee said:

deadman20 said:

I've been wondering about this for years. No has had yet explained why it came to be and why it is still used. I guess CO's whacky sense of humour.
    You know what would be really funny? If we could throw [Rock] at Takofanes and his Turakin Deathlords for high damage. :wink:
  • Options
    So getting a Rock is part of the Halloween tradition. I say it's a pretty mean one.

It's a pity we really can't throw it at Takofanes to have some sort of special high damage effect.

I did save some hoping it had some actual use, even if just cosmetic.
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    deadman20 said:

You need to smell what they're cooking to find out.
  • Options
    Five rocks sell for a G. It's loot. Not so bad.

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I have 15 so far, I'm collecting them for a rock garden in my hideout.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,594 Arc User
    Hey now! No customizing your hideout. That's for innovative systems.

And rocks are worth 27N each so get some resources.​​
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Posted in wrong release notes. Moving along.
    Post edited by nextnametaken on