test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New player seeking help with patience.

despolinadespolina Posts: 14 Arc User
Hello guys.

I'm a fairly new player and I need help! :smile:

I played a bit of Champions Online back when it was released, and I've been back and fourth quite a lot. It never really amounted to something though. Last time around I got an Inferno to level 20, but then it was time for WoW again.

So this is where I am at:
- I just upgraded my acc to sub mode.
- My inferno is currently level 26.
- Made a few other clases, but they ore only level 6.
- Google'ing my way though the info I can find on basically anything.
- Still a f'ing newb. :wink:
- Got a bank full of stuff I have no idea what to use for....

What I need:
- Possible a SuperGroup
- I deffo need someone to talk to me regarding the game. There are so many things I need info on, but I have no idea what to search for since I still have no idea about what I am doing here :wink:
- Specially about this mods/fusion thingy.
- I need a guide in speccing and gearing.

I have a TS server, so we can communicate. TeamSpeak3. I got room for several people, so groups of 5 wouldn't be an issue. Anything above that I would need notice in advance!

When I know a bit more about the game, it is my intention to stream/youtube my gameplay, so players would need to be okay with this. Chances are that I will film small clips while learning!

Previous I have been playing WoW for roughly 7 years, 4 years as a Guildmaster/raidleader. I am no longer playing the game and I don't intend to return any time soon. :smile:
I've been playing Eve Online, GuildWars, Diablo, wich would be the relevant games.
The rest is a long list, I won't mention here. :wink:

I hope to hear from some of you, even if you only have 1 or 2 advises, I'll gladly take 'em. <3

See you ingame. :smile:

Hugs, Ren. @Dutchezz
Post edited by despolina on

Comments

• Options
    gradii said:

Theres some great steam guides written by the community. I'd suggest you look into those.

Powerset Specifics by Bluhman

Mods and gear guide by DZplayer

Thank you very much :)<3
  • Options
    Is there anywhere I can find a good spec for the Inferno? Maybe even a site with several good specs? Like mmo-champions is to WoW.
  • Options
    despolina said:

Is there anywhere I can find a good spec for the Inferno? Maybe even a site with several good specs? Like mmo-champions is to WoW.

http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/78/inferno-guide
    Is this any good?
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Watch Sterga's videos.

And read this teaming thread

Those should help some.
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    The inferno does very acceptable damage, but it is also the very pinnacle of paper-thin squishiness. I have been tanking for an inferno recently, and keeping him alive is probably the biggest challenge I have faced in CO.
  • Options

I'd recommend, if you intend to stay subbed, ditching the AT altogether and going FF Fire.

Could we do without the shorts for now?! ;) AT - FF ?!?
  • Options
    vonqball said:

The inferno does very acceptable damage, but it is also the very pinnacle of paper-thin squishiness. I have been tanking for an inferno recently, and keeping him alive is probably the biggest challenge I have faced in CO.

Cuz the dude aint got a gamepad ;) My preferred classes in almost any game is a glasscanon :D And I'm pretty good at it as well. Though I would love a healer, I found that one much slower and at times harder to level, sadly. :)
  • Options

Watch Sterga's videos.

And read this teaming thread

Those should help some.

There's gotta be someone else than Sterga. I'm not being bitchy here, but her voice gives me a headache. Actually I think it's her mike, that sucks. I just tighten up every time I hear one of her vids. Have been checking her out, but I can't handle more than a few min of her. :) Sadly cuz she seems to have **** under control. :) And I can't seem to find a website with her explanations.
  • Options
    despolina said:

I'd recommend, if you intend to stay subbed, ditching the AT altogether and going FF Fire.

Could we do without the shorts for now?! ;) AT - FF ?!?
    Ohh it just dawned on me. Archetype and freeform ofc!
  • Options

To wit, a FF build capturing what the Inferno does, but made more efficient, more survivable, and better-focused. Just get yourself some good Cost Reduction and Crit Chance gear

http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=11&amp;n=Inferno 2.0&amp;d=1538bNXQWPaD0002000230426032405280088002B03F803EI059Q032D032C032700QJ000CLK0nGQ42ct

Well I do have a free token still, so I could make her FF instead. :) Might be better for now. :) I really have no idea. Seems like there is more info in FF though. So it might be better, since I have so many questions.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    despolina said:

To wit, a FF build capturing what the Inferno does, but made more efficient, more survivable, and better-focused. Just get yourself some good Cost Reduction and Crit Chance gear

http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=11&amp;n=Inferno 2.0&amp;d=1538bNXQWPaD0002000230426032405280088002B03F803EI059Q032D032C032700QJ000CLK0nGQ42ct

Okay so in the Avenger Tree in this spec, it stops making sence for me. My 2nd tree is called Arbiter tree, so the only one I have en common with yours at this point is Ruthless. Halp?! :)

• Options

IN short, the ATs were.. not assigned great skill tree choices, at all. Some are decent, but msot have really boneheaded design choices.

Arbiter is a tree for hybrid Melee DPS/Support, not really a damage-dealer tree.

Guardian is a more defensive-based tree, and a popular one, but Fire is designed for AoE destruction. If you've played an Inferno in all its awful glory to 26th, I trust you're able to comepnsate well for squishiness and can move to the more DPS-focused Avenger/Vindicator route.

In short, Crit Severity is a friend to you - with good Ego investment you cane easily get your crits above 100% severity, and with Exploit Opening that means a 30% mini-crit on any following non-crit; Round 'Em Up will have you gaining 9% damage with all AoE attacks (everything but your Energy Builder). Relentless Assault builds up your Offense - which as you should be gearing for Crit, you'll certainly feel the difference of - and in Vindicator, will play off Aggressive Stance to boost your defenses a bit, too. Both trees will give you further uptime on your Active Offense, and though it won't show immediately, you'll have a flat extra 6% crit from Mass Destruction - which is quite sizable.

In short? Build up an energy bar, lob a Fireball, cast Firesnake, follow with Flashfire, then make it rain with Conflagrationm watch enemies melt.

How can I change the tree so it is Avenger insted of Arbiter? :) I specced just like the PowerHouse examble you linked me, but I must have done something wrong somewhere down the line. :)
  • Options
    Never left the powerhouse. Been out of commission the last 2 days due to this respeccing ;) But my question is, that since I learned all the spells and nothing else, that you showed me in the PowerHouse examble, what could have gone wrong? Do I need to learn the different spells in a specific order? Took the order listed in the PowerHouse Examble.
  • Options
    **** this ****! xD Never mind! Omg, too much brain fartingz! I did NOT see the smart little arrows there is besides the tree name!.. Embarrassed.com.....
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    despolina said:

Cuz the dude aint got a gamepad ;) My preferred classes in almost any game is a glasscanon :D And I'm pretty good at it as well. Though I would love a healer, I found that one much slower and at times harder to level, sadly. :)

Well... it is true that he probably isn't temperamentally suited to playing a squishy DPS (he tends to run in guns blazing, before I can initiate), but the Inferno is just straight up bad. It isn't that it gives up durability for more DPS, it is just (probably intentionally) flawed in design.

The gulf in survivability between an AT (archetype) without Con as a secondary super stat, and with no way to heal or mitigate damage, and a durable DPS build is huge. The gulf between a squishy AT and a Tank is even wider, attacks that barely dent a well-built tank can one-shot an inferno. Truthfully, it's kinda stupid, but that is the reality of this game.

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User

If I have to explain the joke....

Well, I got it, Obi Wan. :p
  • Options
    gradii said:

you might want to try the Tempest if you have that AT. that's a pretty powerful ranged dps with high damage over long range.

Will try it out. I'm hoping to level a few different toons, just to get a hang of different classes and methods. :)
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Despite what some people are saying I found having ATs to use as an example when I was first starting out with freeforms to be very helpful. You'll notice a lot of things that will make your builds a lot smoother down the road, for example notice how most get their passive ability and form toggle pretty early on, they pretty much all get block replacers, and the good ones are packing active offense/active defenses. Following this template will make creating balanced characters a whole lot easier, just remember to grab a heal ability and fill in the rest!

My favorite free AT is the Unleashed followed by the Behemoth, those are both pretty good imo ...

as for FFs I kinda like ranged dps the most...for all sorts of reasons.