test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would you MOST like to buy at the Onslaught Agent with Guardian Tokens?

xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Champions Online Discussion
Many players feel like attacking villains gives little reward if the only thing to spend guardian tokens on is more villain unlocks and onslaught tokens. What else would you like to see or be able to do with your Guardian Tokens?

What would you MOST like to buy at the Onslaught Agent with Guardian Tokens? 28 votes

Costume pieces from villains (Medusa's tights, Therakiel's Sword(!?!), Gravitar's cape, etc. )
10%
tfavsb10ansemthedarkstoopidme 3 votes
Completely new costumes.
10%
hasukurobililsteffiecanadascott 3 votes
Legacy items no longer available in game through other means.
28%
aiqabluhmanstellariodragongradiichaosdrgnz43hatepwepaladincohavianos 8 votes
New Villains please ASAP!
3%
championshewolf 1 vote
Onslaught items that cost Villain tokens (by paying partially with Guardian tokens.)
7%
guardiannexusxrazamax 2 votes
Gear or powers entirely different from existing gear and powers in the store.
3%
royalflvsh 1 vote
Other item types not yet in the store (Mods, vehicles, Auras, Devices, AT unlocks, etc.)
14%
deadman20guyhumualtheanothernamecrabbycabby 4 votes
Use Guardian tokens to buy villain tokens (Such as a 2:1 conversion rate)
10%
nbkxsraighnwacky99 3 votes
Limited Edition Foxbat Underwear and Footed Pajamas.
10%
itsbrou#5396spinnytopsquirrelloid 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    Completely new costumes.
    Hard decision but i want all of these options.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    I would rather they not add too much stuff to the onslaught store. The luster is already off Onslaught, and participation is dropping rapidly. CO players don't generally enjoy pvp. Tie new rewards to pve content instead.

Old rewards that were available from pve content should be restored to pve content, not put behind a pvp wall.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Onslaught items that cost Villain tokens (by paying partially with Guardian tokens.)

I would rather they not add too much stuff to the onslaught store. The luster is already off Onslaught, and participation is dropping rapidly. CO players don't generally enjoy pvp. Tie new rewards to pve content instead.

Old rewards that were available from pve content should be restored to pve content, not put behind a pvp wall.

So not even new villains huh? :neutral:
    Or I guess you just really want those footed pajamas :tongue:

I do understand people who would argue that legacy rewards should be "put back" because they argue it would encourage others to do pve content - but I think that those legacy items could also be distributed in another way and would be fine with that. No reason Therakiel should drop both his Sword and his Blade in his encounter, and you can't "put back" things from the crafting system.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Posts: 35 Arc User
    Other item types not yet in the store (Mods, vehicles, Auras, Devices, AT unlocks, etc.)
    Other: A token that unlocks a brand new city the size of MC and adds 10 more levels :*
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    New Villains please ASAP!
    Other: A token that unlocks a brand new city the size of MC and adds 10 more levels :*

Shhh, you don't mention such things here because the alternative leveling crowd will come in and try to convince you that alternative leveling is the same as regular leveling. tiger-24.gif

But I agree though I just wish for it.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Shhh, you don't mention such things here because the alternative leveling crowd will come in and try to convince you that alternative leveling is the same as regular leveling. tiger-24.gif

But I agree though I just wish for it.​​
    Alternative leveling? As in re-roll new char after 40? :p

I would not mind STO like specialization options "leveling" instead of flat +x lvls. Also gives the occasional "ding" feeling but with a much smaller power growth than a full level. And a new city; I can guarantee that everybody will swarm the OS Agent o:)
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I would rather hero tokens not exist and only one type on onslaught token be available. It makes me sad that the devs made the exact same mistake that hurt PvP with onAlert. No rewards didn't help the que then and it doesn't help the hero side now.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    Please, don't I don't want any new costumes to be only unlockable with PvP.... I don't really even enjoy playing the villains that much. Well, not those kinds.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    I think it would be interesting if they added ATs and powers based off of the Onslaught Villains' movesets. Though a Medusa AT would likely just be Ranged TK as is with a couple of added gimmicks, I could see some interesting results with a Grond-esque AT and Gravitar AT. Give them some unique new powers that we can unlock for Freeform as we level the AT (As opposed to The Automaton's requirement of getting the AT to Lv40 to unlock any/all powers).​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    xrazamax said:

So not even new villains huh? :neutral:
    Or I guess you just really want those footed pajamas :tongue:

I do understand people who would argue that legacy rewards should be "put back" because they argue it would encourage others to do pve content - but I think that those legacy items could also be distributed in another way and would be fine with that. No reason Therakiel should drop both his Sword and his Blade in his encounter, and you can't "put back" things from the crafting system.
    No reason Therakiel shouldn't drop both Sword and Blade either. At least the costume pieces and Open Mission top rewards should be restored. Obviously droppable power replacers and enhancers are more fungible - but they should be available from pve content somehow, not behind a pvp wall.

And crafting gear that's worth bringing back (crafted power replacers and enhancers, droppable ones if they aren't restored as drops) should be put in the q-store, so q will have some reason to not be perma-locked at 500:1 zen. Seriously, the q store needs love. Especially now that no one will ever care to acquire vig gear again.

(I would be fine with the old pvp power replacers as pvp rewards... but they should be restored to the Acclaim shop).
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    More villain unlocks is what I want.
    I wish to be more evil.
    More
    evil
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I would like more villains but I'm also interested in obtaining legacy items (not the ones from drifter).
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    EVERYTHING!
    Guardian tokens are usless!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    can't think of anything that I want to go through that for.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    u3u
  • Options
    wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    Use Guardian tokens to buy villain tokens (Such as a 2:1 conversion rate)
    I voted for the conversion option, only because I think it's weird to have to play as a villain to obtain powers as a hero.

Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • Options
    wacky99 said:

I voted for the conversion option, only because I think it's weird to have to play as a villain to obtain powers as a hero.

Agreed. Kinda weird that you have to do that.

I think maybe they were worried nobody would want to play as villains, but they actually kinda over compensated imo. You have to be a villain for the good rewards, and so we have 3 gronds romping around without enough heroes to fight them.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    Here's a thought: sell Archetype unlocks to encourage silver players to participate. Personally I think all the archetypes should be free as I don't think they're worth money, the game really should be encouraging Free Form and archetypes are samplers of what you might get if you go gold. This could be a draw for new players.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

Here's a thought: sell Archetype unlocks to encourage silver players to participate. Personally I think all the archetypes should be free as I don't think they're worth money, the game really should be encouraging Free Form and archetypes are samplers of what you might get if you go gold. This could be a draw for new players.

Well, I did put unlock ATs as one of the options :grin:
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Once I unlocked a villain I found myself spending the Guardian tokens to finish the dailies when I screwed up. There is a huge 10k hump that prevents regular players from getting excited about grinding for Guardian tokens. I dunno if a few lower-priced items would fixed this... Maybe they should offer other recognition or small amounts of questionite as a reward to shape the behavior of attaching VOs. Or perhaps create a weak VO that is cheaper (2-5k) or maybe make the first OV 75% off, if that can be programmed in.​​
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Well, I did put unlock ATs as one of the options :grin:

Sorry about that, I didn't even notice, I think it's because you had the line "Other item types not yet in the store" but AT unlocks are in the Z-store.