test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Matching Hero & Nemesis

jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
So last night, one of my newest toons, Pyretta Blaze, reached 25. I couldn't help myself - I had to make her Nemesis Hitchhiker Joe.

Does anyone else try to make thematic matches like this, or is this just another way I'm weird? (I already know I'm pretty much weird... :smile: )
"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    I love thematic nemeses :)

For instance, my Celestial Healer is named Excelsior. He's a human mortal possessed by a sentient light entity. His Nemesis is a Darkness user named Entropy :)

Deathwish is a mercenary homaging Deadpool, and appropriately all of his Nemeses have been joke characters:
    The Fett Man (deranged Star Wars cosplayer)
    Disco Inferno (disco demon)
    Master Chef (Totally stole this concept from Slapperfish's extensive library of punny characters :) )
    Pete Kachu (Radical Manimal rights activist with yellow fur and electric powers)
    Bowen McArrow (Ronald McDonald parody wielding a bow)

My Chronomancer, Nygma on the other hand, has an alternate universe Deathwish as a nemesis, as his fourth wall breaking constantly puts the future in danger.

Wyldfire and Kryptonite are both former members of the same metahuman gang, and have each other for Nemeses.

The enemy of my SWTOR style Bounty Hunter Drax Ragnos is an Alien Smuggler, wearing experimental Electrical armor. He called himself Shock Trooper :)

Making a complimentary Nemesis is a lot of fun, and its generally one of my favorite parts of leveling alts :)
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Sister Silicon has had one or two alternate universe evil Moiras follow her from you-know-where; The Reverse Engineer, a mad scientist who wanted to take her apart with out much regard for putting her back together again; The Broad Street Bully, a Philadelphia Flyer-turned-Draysha junkie; and now Silicate Sibling, a cheap yet highly destructive North Korean knock-off.

Hitomi Hanzo has only had one nemesis so far, somebody from her past who should not have found her...

And if I ever get back to leveling Nuada, I can get all kinds of grimdark with Irish mythology.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited December 2015
    Haywire's nemesis is a backup of a man who was dumb enough to build him. You'd be hard pressed to tell who's the villain here, though.

haywire_revenant_1_by_satapatis-d5swx7x.jpg

Vermilion's nemesis is Cyan, her alternate reality counterpart. The shtick is, they're almost the same in terms of personality. It's a case of the "hero" still being a commissioned soldier employed in a law enforcement agency and the "villain" going full merc.
    Also, Vermilion a cyborg, Cyan had her genetic makeup altered, but the end results in terms of performance are the same for both of them.

yjead.jpg

Other characters don't have specific nemeses.​​
    Post edited by meedacthunist on