test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for being friends.

Can I do the opposite of being butthurt? I'm really happy to have known everyone on the forum, y'all are fantastic. However, between having to respec my vehicles and redo my toons, plus buy new gear for them... I don't have the G or interest to continue playing this. Even if we get a retcon, I'd have to buy utility legions for literally dozens of characters that I use, and I just can't again. I have one toon that works in the new meta, and I really don't want to figure out what alerts or rampages will work after this has gone through.

I get why they're doing this, and I hope y'all can find a way to enjoy it, but for me? I'm done. It's been fun, and I hope to see y'all in other games. I might reinstall to give out free keys again, later, because lifer and all. Thanks for being kind, Champions. Hope I see you in other games.

INB4 "Bye Felicia".
In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Dis gives me the sads :V
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I wish I had the chance to meet you Ingame as well! onion-63.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    STO? not likely, the control scheme there is confusing for the one cruiser I've picked up at T6, I feel like a monkey trying to F a football. I might pop in to Neverwinter from time to time, but this was my MMO. Never really enjoyed them before, the community is what did it for me here. CO has a very strong and tight player base, this is and always will be my only MMO worth mentioning.

Unless they come out with a good fallout mmo, in which case, sorry guys. :cold_sweat:
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Right now is not a good time to be trying to re-gear when everyone else is doing it. You are paying double the price for most mods and gear - quite literally. As for what works in the meta game - that is something that everyone figures out together. It won't take long.

Just take a break taco and come back in week or two. We still need you working on that wiki, especially now with changes.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Why not just stick to one character for the time being? The players are still adjusting to the recent changes so why not go along? But I understand if you don't have the time. Wish you luck and hope come visit every now and then.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    No! Taco! Don't leave!

Please staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :cry:

I'll miss you :(

On a less emotional note...I do understand your decision but I do hope you return or at least visit from time to time.

• circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Is this about the Cool-Down Nerf?, if it is that then that's a silly reason to leave, but hay, good luck I guess

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Kaiserin​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    Psi.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    It's pretty sad saying goodbye to you Taco (again ;) ). I can understand why you're leaving though. Good luck in the future mate.

photo screenshot_2014-11-01-10-18-02.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    See ya on the flipside Taco.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Kaiserin​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    Well it's been fun Taco, you dont have to leave, just visit here and there but i guess it's ultimately up to you what you wish to do.

I've only ever known good things about you Taco so see you, find a game that you enjoy..

Thats what game are for after all, having fun and making new friends. :)

And im sure as hell glad i've met you. Peace, Taco.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

Can I do the opposite of being butthurt? I'm really happy to have known everyone on the forum, y'all are fantastic. However, between having to respec my vehicles and redo my toons, plus buy new gear for them... I don't have the G or interest to continue playing this. Even if we get a retcon, I'd have to buy utility legions for literally dozens of characters that I use, and I just can't again. I have one toon that works in the new meta, and I really don't want to figure out what alerts or rampages will work after this has gone through.

I get why they're doing this, and I hope y'all can find a way to enjoy it, but for me? I'm done. It's been fun, and I hope to see y'all in other games. I might reinstall to give out free keys again, later, because lifer and all. Thanks for being kind, Champions. Hope I see you in other games.

INB4 "Bye Felicia".

Damn. Second time I've last EvilTaco, one of the best players I've known. Be well out there.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    Sorry to see any player leave. That said, I have seen a few mod edits in this thread, yet the thread itself remains open. That apparently means that "I quit" threads are now allowed. This is good to know going forward, so there won't be any confusion or double standards about policy or enforcement.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Seriously, though. I'm super sorry to see you go. I'll always miss having a good chat with you.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User

Sorry to see any player leave. That said, I have seen a few mod edits in this thread, yet the thread itself remains open. That apparently means that "I quit" threads are now allowed. This is good to know going forward, so there won't be any confusion or double standards about policy or enforcement.

Instead of a passive-aggressive message like this, why not instead report the thread and explain why?

For the record, I don't like any "I quit" posts any more than you do, but this isn't just some random angry script kiddy, Eviltaco has been an upstanding community member for years, and I count him as a friend who I miss already from the ranks of my super group.

Eviltaco, @chalupaoffury Don't be a stranger, even if you got to be strange, buddy!
    iamrune said:

Instead of a passive-aggressive message like this, why not instead report the thread and explain why?
    Why would I report a thread the mods are already aware of, since several posts have been mod edited? You seemed to miss my point, which is that since this thread has already had moderation, and was not closed, there has apparently been a change in policy. This is good to know.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Your post seriously makes it look like you are posting a passive-aggressive slam on the forum mods for not shutting this thread down.

It really does. And so does the reply. *shrug*
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User

iamrune said:

Why would I report a thread the mods are already aware of, since several posts have been mod edited? You seemed to miss my point, which is that since this thread has already had moderation, and was not closed, there has apparently been a change in policy. This is good to know.
    There's no change in policy. This kind of post has been allowed in the past when tastefully done, like the OP's, and not an axe-grinding rant.

It's a bummer to see a good member of the community go, but completely understandable. Take care.

LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming

iamrune said:

There's no change in policy. This kind of post has been allowed in the past when tastefully done, like the OP's, and not an axe-grinding rant.

It's a bummer to see a good member of the community go, but completely understandable. Take care.

See, you learn something new every day. I, apparently incorrectly, thought that any thread whose main point was "I'm leaving, because of some thing I don't like" was not allowed, because they usually turn into some kind of argument. But now you have informed me that people can in fact post threads that they are quitting the game, as long as they do it in a nice way. Thanks for clarifying :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    This has happened before and this will happen again.

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Do I really have to spell it out?

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    photo NQHKSVE.gif
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2015

between having to respec my vehicles and redo my toons, plus buy new gear for them

Wish i could give you all my secret of why I don't have to do any of that... but there literally isn't one. I'm just not doing any of that and everything is fine. But hey, if you wanna stop playing, go for it. Fallout 4 is coming out soon anyway so there's gonna be lots of people who stop playing a lot of things.

To be honest, if something like this was able to make you "leave", then you were probably bored of the game already.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    I take comfort in the fact that no superhero is ever really gone. One of us... one of us...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    Bye Taco Dude!

Sad that MMO co's won't put in exchange systems for the time/money gear. (Cough Re-socket tokens?). Too many players get trapped in this same situation. Seems the lesson is to not invest (Keeps the axe grinding crude version of this for another thread)
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    You haven't finished your archetype project. Finish that first, then eat at least half of your broccoli , then you can leave.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Bummer! I hope you come back at some point. The game needs good citizens. May the new wiki continue to grow!

I also hope Nullware returns. With the new powers that are being released the Power House Planner needs an update.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I can hunt through my junkpile for legion gear for you. I have some unopened boxes and a helmet or two.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    I disagreed with just about every post you ever made. That being said I'd hope you reconsider. If not may the wind be at your back.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User

Thank you for being friends.

*que the Golden Girls theme song*

=D Good luck on your future endeavors.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Adios, Taco. The few times we played together, I enjoyed them.

Say hi if you come back down the road.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    I fell like I have to say bye, even for someone I've very rarely seen in-game.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    avianos said:

I wish I had the chance to meet you Ingame as well! onion-63.gif​​

You probably did and didnt know it , dis be Taco. The only CO vet that isnt in some way a massive egotist. Dudes a legend.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited September 2015
    nepht said:

The only CO vet that isnt in some way a massive egotist.

..Was this part entirely necessary?

Honestly curious, do you really think everyone else here has an ego problem?
  • gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    I don't have an ego problem.

I have it figured out.
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I'm a million times more humble then anyone else here.

My only Evil Taco story involves me on the west side, I'd just made a new character, and Taco lands in front of me, opens a trade window, and starts filling it with legacy items. I recognized the handle from the forums but he without a doubt didn't have a clue who I was. I managed to say "Hello Taco" before he closed the window and flew off, leaving me wondering what the hell had just happened. Probably thought I was someone else.

True story.

Don't say goodbye Taco, just say so long, and maybe we'll meet again sometime.
    guyhumual said:

I'm a million times more humble then anyone else here.

+1 for the Al Yankovic line.
    guyhumual said:

My only Evil Taco story involves me on the west side, I'd just made a new character, and Taco lands in front of me, opens a trade window, and starts filling it with legacy items. I recognized the handle from the forums but he without a doubt didn't have a clue who I was. I managed to say "Hello Taco" before he closed the window and flew off, leaving me wondering what the hell had just happened. Probably thought I was someone else.

True story.

Don't say goodbye Taco, just say so long, and maybe we'll meet again sometime.

Yeah, don't go away forever. Just take a nice relaxing break, this game isn't going anywhere.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    I has a sad to see you go away, but one most follow happiness, even if it is in another game, another place.

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I do plan on coming back and giving away the stuff from my zen from time to time. Normally I'd just slip away (I considered it) but this game and community have been too good to me to not say a formal goodbye. I really hope it didn't come off as attention grabbing, I did that once and still wince at the idea. More trying to give a high five on my way out the door. Sorry to see it apparently devolved into some sort of drama, since I was intentionally trying to avoid that, and did my best to support the community and team in the OP. Put frankly, the people who this thread is for know who they are, and if it bugs you it might not have been for you.

Clouds, that's a fantastic offer. I can't take you up on it, though, because it's not the grind or hunt that made me come to this decision. As it was said, I was close to it anyway, and having to redo everything and gear hunt solidified the choice. That said?

I've seen closed beta. I've seen a few redesigns of this game. I competed in the first ever costume contest. I've seen 2 kitchen sink patches, one of which killed the chat entirely. We've lost one of our own and I got to see a great send off to a good friend, like I've never seen an mmo do before. I've seen the community grow and die, and grow again and die again. I saw us get a music video. I helped work on 2 wikis, spearheading one of em with a great friend. I'm really happy to have watched the game grow and develop as it has, even through the stumbles. Make no mistake, this isn't a hate or grump thread. It's a thank you. To the community and the devs. 7 years I've known some of you, I regret not a second.

Also, Guy? I swear to god, I had a good reason for that. It may or may not have involved a minor beer buzz and someone giving me a "I'm the yellow person by the westside respawn" description that needed some stuff. My bad. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User

Also, Guy? I swear to god, I had a good reason for that. It may or may not have involved a minor beer buzz and someone giving me a "I'm the yellow person by the westside respawn" description that needed some stuff. My bad. :D

No worries, I just thought it was funny that was our one and only encounter in game. But like I said, goodbye is so definite, and so: so long until we meet again.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Come back soon, okay? If it makes you feel any better, I'll try to save up some things to help you re-gear when you get back. Go ahead and enjoy some time off.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User

I did that once and still wince at the idea.

Well you have to admit, that was pretty freaking EPIC. :)

Goatboy and I will miss you, probably me more than him. So I'm not deleting you from my friends list yet, I'll just see you when you get back.

Until then, farewell and may you find what makes you happy. :)

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    A Lifer never really quits.

See ya when ya get back.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Awe sadnuss! But I feel like you'll be back at some point...will hold on to that hopekipz!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so does this mean we'll be seeing more of Captain T'Werk. or is that not yours?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg