test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Onslaught Gear Stats are still Broken!

WARNING:
Onslaught gear innate stats is still broken! They do not provide any points to your super stats as secondaries should. They still only have the innate stats of primary gear. Please get this fixed before players are able to purchase them. They should each have 19 to Primary SS and 8.5 to both your Secondaries as set secondary gear usually provides.​​

Comments

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    No, no they shouldn't. (Well, okay, maybe the secondary defense and utility items should have _some_ super stats on them.) But giving the primaries stats would make them obvious and direct upgrades over even Vigilante gear, and that'd be no fun at all. Much more interesting when there's an actual decision to be made rather than just an obvious "this item is way better than that one".
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The problem is that a few of them are obvious downgrades to vigilante gear now.
    The Onslaught offense gear is obviously meant as more specialized than Vigilante gear, but at least for the dps gear for lots of builds vigilante does higher damage. And even for the few builds where Onslaught gear does a bit higher damage, the disadvantages are much bigger than the tiny dps difference justifies.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I would prefer no SS on the offense gear, but make the effects noticeable. For a 5% to 10% dps increase I would accept the lower SS and all that comes with that.
  • Options
    gaarafrednorrispgaarafrednorrisp Posts: 504 Arc User
    I don't use Vigilante gear so it's clearly superior to what I have!

WOOOOO!
    AWWWW CHAMPIONS UNIVERSE! DON'T YOU DARE. BE SOUR. CLAP FOR YOUR NIGHTMARE AND FEEEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAH!
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    aiqa said:

I would prefer no SS on the offense gear, but make the effects noticeable. For a 5% to 10% dps increase I would accept the lower SS and all that comes with that.

^This. I think it was intentional they left off Superstats, not an oversight. The gear is "good" but in many cases it is not going to be enough of an improvement to to justify a switch from vigilante (I posted some DPS numbers in the PTS thread). However, considering that Vigilante gear is 150k Q a pop, it might not be intended to be superior to vigilante. But right now I think the gear would be highly desirable and not conflict with vigil if they simply had about a 50-100% increase to the passives or stats. You wouldn't get superstats, but the trade off would be fair.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    it had stats as Primary but was asked for as;
    secondary so they can use the passives.
    mods to slot in,
    remove completely so people will still queue for rampages
    I don't use Vigilante gear, all you can get is your SS's.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,590 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Not having innate stats make them worse than regular purple secondaries that drop. No matter what abilities are on them.​​
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    yes, I know. and when the first person who hasn't read the PTS gets them, we will see the complaints about bugged gear happening and bait and switch and the usual
    ​​

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    chaelk said:

yes, I know. and when the first person who hasn't read the PTS gets them, we will see the complaints about bugged gear happening and bait and switch and the usual
    ​​

What bait and switch? It's exactly what the store claims it is.
  • Options
    that hasn't stopped anyone in the past.​​