Options

Server Not Responding

So yeah,...how about fixing this BS?

k,thx.bye
Psi.

Comments

• Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Yep. It's a day ending in "y", so it's time for the connection to crap the bed again.

What is it going to take for Cryptic and/or PWE to tell Cogent to stick their awful service where the fiber don't shine and move to a reliable uplink?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Yep. It's a day ending in "y", so it's time for the connection to crap the bed again.

What is it going to take for Cryptic and/or PWE to tell Cogent to stick their awful service where the fiber don't shine and move to a reliable uplink?

Somewhat that don't involve me, kicking their faces in?, and tell them do their jobs?, so we can PLAY?

Besides that, its fine ^^
    Psi.
  • Options
    Excuse me, but...

please get on with your jobs and fix SNR

Thank..you..kindly...
    Psi.
  • Options
    mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Sadly, at this rate tried logging-in at 3:06 it took me until 3:14 to log in. landed in Zone#2 and I raced to CHamps figuring someone would be...Yes! Fighting Mechanon and with like a few minutes left...great I could help we could do this...then I see there are 2 Liberated Destroids north. APPARENTLY, the problem was about 1/3 of the people in 2, quoted as 30 were experiencing SNRs and Discos.... =(
    I help defeat mechanon and with like 1.5 mins left we turn to the 2 full Liberated Destroids at north...fight this whole time fine.
    I head back to Ren Center respond in Zone a few times? and as I try to Move SNR and lag/log back to Champions Login =/
  • Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    Message on the launcher:

"We're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers."
    I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Fighting the mega destroids is quite impossible like this. Even logging in is a struggle.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so today its attacks, what about the rest of the time.
    IT's been like this the 4 years I've been playing.

SNR's usually in big bunches, random DC"S to desktop. Long pauses while it decideds to patch, big pauses while it patches. Lockups while it patches.

Recently, it got worse after they rearranged the server to take into account NW console.

STO, is actually worse for me, I always have trouble logging in. time out, time out , time out. So I haven't bothered with that game recently.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    These attacks have Cybermind written all over them!! To the Champs HQ heroes! I think Dr. Silverback may have a way we can help!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Apparently the Mechanon event started off with Mechy attacking the very reality supporting the existence of Millennium City and all her heroes.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    NOOOO.. we must guard the hamster. Has it been taken to a safe spot?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    So, yeah, remaber when I told you to do your jobs and stop the SNR?, well..it happened: 21:45pm, so how about you stop, slacking and get fixing?

Psi.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    cryneting said:

So, yeah, remaber when I told you to do your jobs and stop the SNR?, well..it happened: 21:45pm, so how about you stop, slacking and get fixing?

Wow. The SNR is bad, but I'm pretty sure this tone is not helping anything.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    "We're experiencing attacks on our servers that are preventing players from logging in. Our teams are working on stabilizing servers."
    cryneting said:

Clearly they are trying to fix it. Why do you always lose your mind when SNR issues occur?
  • Options
    mrinfinitummrinfinitum Posts: 59 Arc User
    At least this time we KNOW what the issues are....We're UNDER ATTACK!!!! =/
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Aaand here we go again, it seems. Trying to update an old computer I just brought back online, and I can't seem to connect to the account server. Hope the jackhole gets caught soon.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"