test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heal Tank - Will it work?

raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Builds and Roles
So I had this idea to build a tank focused heavily around self-healing powers... This is what I came up with...

PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=11&n=&d=1364fihgSOM4000F000E209F405P503F50BF309FB00FG03JE04J904PB00J503J800K7040nBg2N3q3V9M

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Radiant
Level 6: Field Ops Training
Level 9: Survival Training
Level 12: Command Training
Level 15: Diplomatic
Level 18: Shrug It Off
Level 21: Healthy Mind

Powers:
Level 1: Psi Lash
Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
Level 6: Ego Sprites (Rank 2, Slave Mentality)
Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
Level 14: Shadow of Doubt (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
Level 17: Telepathic Reverberation
Level 20: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Ascension (Judgment)
Level 26: Illumination (Brilliance)
Level 29: Resurgence
Level 32: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Compassion
Level 38: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Acrobatics
Level 35:

Specializations:
Constitution: Tough (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Quick Healing (3/3)
Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
Protector: Beacon of Hope (3/3)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
Protector: Resolute (3/3)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

I'm looking to maximize on the healing aspect of the build which is why I've choosen Sentinel & Protector specs rather than the standard Guardicator/Wardicator setup... I know I'll have to stack Crit & Bonus Healing mods for this build to be fully functional
^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
jniKqKJ.png
Post edited by raighn on

Comments

• Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Why Thought Sever? Does that even work against NPCs? I thought enemies didn't have energy. Wouldn't Siphoning strikes be better? Of course, it doesn't scale with Pre.

With all of the cooldown powers, are you even going to be able to use ego blades ever? Seems like you'll be spending the entire time rotating through the powers as they come off of cooldown.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    oops... that was supposed to be siphoning >.< thanks for the catch...

As for the CDs... I have another build that uses the same cooldown rotation, and I find I generally have plenty of time for a few extra attacks between... and with the upcomming CDR nerf, I'll have some extra time to fill...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    If you're using Telepathic Reverberation, you'll want a Disorient so you can trigger it against hold-immune enemies. Or with all your cooldown powers, MSA could be a reliable replacement.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    hm... any suggestions for a Disorient? and what to replace with it?

Also, wondering... Since I'm using Telepathic Reverb... would it be more beneficial to swap Int for Dex since I'm already statting Pre?

Considering that 2 of my healing abilities are crit based... It'd probably help to have a reliable crit chance & severity... And I mean... I don't really need an energy stat when my energy unlock and form both scale off another stat anyway...
    Post edited by raighn on
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Should I drop something for Ego Sleep? It applies Disorient to hold immune right?
    Post edited by raighn on
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,750 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, Sleep is a nice choice, since it can also apply Fear w/ the adv. Tapping does work for the debuffs, even on CC immune stuff. I'm not sure if its uptime can be rolled w/ the CDR nerf, though- haven't looked into that yet. Could just go w/ full charges of Ego Blast instead, which works at any distance and regardless of CDR.

Had a Regen + TP DoTs tank (no siphoning strikes, but did have some extra dodge via TKicks) before. Its pretty good for survival since ya get ML healing and SoD"s -dmg debuff running well when stacked. Dmg is a bit low, though, so it relies a bit more on Mental Storm and a strong filler to pull through there.

W/ TP Reverb, Ego Blast w/ MO taps would be better dps/threat, if ya wanted to opt into that for when ya dun need Siphoning's heals.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    How's this looking?

PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=11&n=&d=1365fihgfOV4000F004E209F404P503F50BF704FB00FG03F303EB08PB00J503J80037040nBg2N3q3V9M

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Radiant
    Level 6: Field Ops Training
    Level 9: Survival Training
    Level 12: Command Training
    Level 15: Sniper Training
    Level 18: Shrug It Off
    Level 21: Showmanship

Powers:
    Level 1: Psi Lash (Psychic Reverberations)
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 6: Ego Sprites (Slave Mentality)
    Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
    Level 14: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 17: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 20: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Shadow of Doubt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Ego Blade Dash (Crippling Challenge)
    Level 29: Resurgence
    Level 32: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Compassion
    Level 38: Force Shield (Force Sheathe)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Acrobatics
    Level 35:

Specializations:
    Constitution: Tough (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Quick Healing (3/3)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Protector: Beacon of Hope (3/3)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)
    Post edited by raighn on
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    You have quite a bit of crit and % HP based healing, so you could probably get away with not bothering with Pre at all. Conviction and Sentinel Aura are the only things Pre really helps. Not sure if Regen gets an extra buff from pre outside of being a super stat.

You could dump pre for dex and swap compassion for FotT or go Mental Discipline. Although you don't have the points to rank up the latter. If you have energy issues, you could take Fuel My Fire and have End as your third stat.

Do you really need Beacon of Hope with all of your self healing? Sentinel Mastery alone if fab, but you also have all of that crit based healing.

Doesn't Quick Healing kinda suck?

Why Genesis over Wither?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,750 Arc User
    Dropping Pres means less power coming from Compassion, which I wouldn't advise w/o other changes, as the only other stat that toggle can scale w/ it Rec. Regen doesn't gain any extra power form Pres beyond being an SS though, afaik.

Even then, replacing Pres SS w/ Dex SS can still benefit crit-able heals, but I'd rather have more bonus heal if I was worried about reliability- increasing it via crit would be the more rng and dps-oriented option. Plus, dropping Compassion for any toggle means lower bonus healing in general. Ya may gain more dps w/ other toggles like MDisc, but then its all about priorities- more dps and/or burst dps_hps vs. steadier and stronger healing.

Pres also fuels TP Reverb, though energy may not be much of a concern either way here (and yet it may be if ya were taking a toggle that didn't return energy).

I agree to taking Wither now that there's both Sleep and Mental Storm in the build; w/ just MS its uptime won't be as high, but rotating in Sleep can help fix that.

Quick Healing is a waste in general, imo, unless ya take a point in it to help stack Compassion in combat. Sentinel Aura can already do that, but the more the merrier there imo, since I find that the aura isn't always reliable for procing the toggle when it heals- adding another passive source can add more granularity there. So, I'd prob change 3/3 QH to 1/3 QH and 2/2 Armored in Con PSS.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    I would recommend removing Psychic Reverberations from Psi Lash, and using those points to get Head Shot on Ego Blade Dash. That'll give you a fast-recharging Disorient for Tele Reverb, as you're hopping from mob to mob.
  • Options

I would recommend removing Psychic Reverberations from Psi Lash, and using those points to get Head Shot on Ego Blade Dash. That'll give you a fast-recharging Disorient for Tele Reverb, as you're hopping from mob to mob.

O.o I thought I had Head Shot on Ego Blade Dash >.<
    jniKqKJ.png