test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has Medical Nanites Been Fixed?

I'm sure somewhere in the PTS and patch notes, that they said they have been or have fixed MM, is this true?
Psi.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,752 Arc User
    Fixed in what way? I haven't heard of any changes inc to MN in the pipeline.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,919 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    flowcyto said:

Fixed in what way? I haven't heard of any changes inc to MN in the pipeline.

I can't remember excaly, there was a fix or something been brought up that MN, would be fixed in some way, also along with this topic, is it just me, or am I not able to post in this topic, it has to wait until its been proved?
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Edit: Alright, so there was a bunch of power fixs like for power armor and Targeting Computer should now add its damage bonus to Boomerang Toss, Bolas, Tractor Beam, and Grapple Gun Pull.

But I swear there was a bug fix for MN, cuz if I remaber right MN IS Bugged right? or was it TC that was really bugged?, I can't remaber its not IN the kown power bugs, so have I miss-readed or picked up wrong info?
    Psi.
  • Options
    There is no bug w/ MN that I am aware of. But yes, TC was bugged and has been fixed- at least I assume.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    flowcyto said:

There is no bug w/ MN that I am aware of. But yes, TC was bugged and has been fixed- at least I assume.

Oh I see, weird, well I got told that MN is useless, am I right?, I'm thinking in useing it in my next 2.0 build, but Im unsure, due to In the past, people been ranting on how bad it is,
    Psi.
  • Options
    I consider MN to be a weak passive, but its not worthless- just a bit too niche. Can still make it work in a FF build.
  • Options
    flowcyto said:

I consider MN to be a weak passive, but its not worthless- just a bit too niche. Can still make it work in a FF build.

Hummm, ok
    Psi.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Riiiight,
    Cause it's a Support Passive,
    For Supporting others,
    Need PRE to make it Team Worthy Effects(+Support Role),
    Thinking of others,
    So Niche... :naughty:

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    I'm sure Flow's aware it's a support passive. AoRP just gives your team more soak than Nanites, so for a general support build AoRP is pretty much always better.
  • Options
    Yeah, its more about opportunity costs w/ regards to MN. There are just better Support passives out there (even now w/ AoAC becoming rel better than it was w/ lower CDR return). MN strikes me as better for lower end content, but there the rel balance of the passives is less a concern since difficulty is overall less of a concern. MN can also prob be good for pvp builds that are anti-DoT/debuff, but I'm not one to ask about that.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User

I'm sure Flow's aware it's a support passive. AoRP just gives your team more soak than Nanites, so for a general support build AoRP is pretty much always better.

Not always though. Besides the bug with two AoRP Nanites can help people recover quickly. If you add it together with things like Mend or from the Sentinal Mastery and such you can dish out some great passive healing. A lot of folks are fairly tough but they cannot heal themselves well. If you work it right Nanites pretty much gives everyone Regeneration in addition to their other passives. (Even better if you add in ID and(or) RF)
  • Options
    Huh, thanks Haskrobi, I'll keep that in mind.

Psi.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I prefer Seraphim over Medical Nanites, myself.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Medical Nanites gets no Redemption from me, it's a bad passive, which I got Introduced with a BAD Archetype called Inventor!

I prefe Seraphim as well!
    If Medical Nanites gave Bonus Damage to the Techology powerframes like Seraphim does with Paranormal attacks then that would be a Saving Grace for the passive​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    avianos said:

Medical Nanites gets no Redemption from me, it's a bad passive, which I got Introduced with a BAD Archetype called Inventor!

I prefe Seraphim as well!

If Medical Nanites gave Bonus Damage to the Techology powerframes like Seraphim does with Paranormal attacks then that would be a Saving Grace for the passive​​

The passive heal from Medical Nanites has a wider area and heals for much more than Seraphim's passive heal component... MN could use a buff sure, but it still does what it's intended to do. Each support passive has a particular focus.

AoRP focuses on boosting defence, AoAC focuses on power activations (Cost, CD, Charge time), AoED focuses on team damage, AoPM is rounded with all around stat boosting, Seraphim is rounded with personal damage boosting, a small AoE HoT, and bonus healing... Medical Nanites focuses on an AoE HoT...

Medical Nanites doesn't need a damage bonus to make it more effective... It however could use with that Bonus Healing boost...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Whoa whoa people, I only wanted to ask about the power if its any good or worth it or not. But I do agree with some points, here MN chuold do with some serve boosts
    Psi.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    raighn said:

Medical Nanites doesn't need a damage bonus to make it more effective... It however could use with that Bonus Healing boost...

This is a big failing of MN. Seraphim does not heal as well, or in as big an area, but the bonus to healing makes it so much more useful for most support toons.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Well, it also covers pets as well as teammates, so I'm not sure if their is a limit for pets, so yeah, it's not terrible if you don't mind the periodical HoT and DoT resistance.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The main problem with medical nanites is that CO is swimming in healing options, so adding one more form of slow team healing isn't all that valuable. It would likely be more valuable in a party of pure ATs, since ATs tend to be short on healing.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, its not bad as a maintenance heal aura, but that's pretty much all it is for PvE. If it had some other offensive or defensive benefit on top of that, MN would be an alright pick for a passive.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Still unsure, what I really want, if I want MN, over PFF, hard to choice, atm. The real qeastion I have tho.

Does NM, heal more then Super-Nat Regen?
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    flowcyto said:

Yeah, its not bad as a maintenance heal aura, but that's pretty much all it is for PvE. If it had some other offensive or defensive benefit on top of that, MN would be an alright pick for a passive.

How bout a minor penetrating DoT to enemies that are within your aura radius while in combat called 'Attack Nanites' debuff and effectively prolong/enhance damage to DoT effects like Poison and Bleeds while they're affected by 'Attack Nanites' Debuff?

• Options
    rtma said:

flowcyto said:

How bout a minor penetrating DoT to enemies that are within your aura radius while in combat called 'Attack Nanites' debuff and effectively prolong/enhance damage to DoT effects like Poison and Bleeds while they're affected by 'Attack Nanites' Debuff?

Well, Really I rather have a stronger MN, with more healing to it, as well as a damage boost, to all Tech, is what I mostly want.
    Psi.
  • Options

Not always though. Besides the bug with two AoRP Nanites can help people recover quickly. If you add it together with things like Mend or from the Sentinal Mastery and such you can dish out some great passive healing. A lot of folks are fairly tough but they cannot heal themselves well. If you work it right Nanites pretty much gives everyone Regeneration in addition to their other passives. (Even better if you add in ID and(or) RF)
    What excaly, is Mend?, and ID RF?, Im not good with short letters, if I don't kown what they mean first
    Psi.
  • Options
    cryneting said:

Still unsure, what I really want, if I want MN, over PFF, hard to choice, atm. The real qeastion I have tho.

Not even close. It's almost as strong as baseline regen, which makes it about 1/3 as strong as combat regen.
  • Options
    They could give Medical Nanites a small burst heal effect similar to Regen (though not as potent) to help speed up recovery from large hits...

I'm all for improving Medical Nanites, but I don't believe such improvements should come in the form of offensive benefits... As I stated earlier, each support passive has a role to play, medical nanites role is healing and should stay that way. Offense is the role of AoED, and we already have 2 "balanced" support passives (AoPM & Saraphim). Instead of trying to turn MN into a 3rd balanced support passive, we should try to push it's healing aspect farther... So burst heal on damage, bonus healing %, and simply upping it's passive heal...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    cryneting said:

What excaly, is Mend?, and ID RF?, Im not good with short letters, if I don't kown what they mean first
    Mend is the HoT buff from Illuminate... I believe ID was supposed to be IDF which is Inertial Dampening Field, and RF is Redirrected Force
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options

cryneting said:

Not even close. It's almost as strong as baseline regen, which makes it about 1/3 as strong as combat regen.
    Woah, woah, woah... I'm not sure where your getting that misguided information from... MN is by no means weaker than combat regen, and it is actually stronger than baseline regen... the only regen's that it is weaker than are out of combat regen and the defensive passive Regeneration. Saraphim's HoT on the other hand is closer to your claims here, but is still a notiable improvement on the base natural regen.

As for the question regarding "super-nat regen" I have to ask what you mean by that. To my knowlege the only way to improve your "nat regen" is through a few specific specs that only increase it by about 30HP/3s tops... And that's still weaker than both MN & Saraphim
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    raighn said:

Woah, woah, woah... I'm not sure where your getting that misguided information from... MN is by no means weaker than combat regen

"Regen", here, means "the Regeneration passive". Given that I was answering a question about how it compares to supernatural regen (aka the passive, which is a power in the supernatural group) this should have been evident from context.
  • Options

raighn said:

Woah, woah, woah... I'm not sure where your getting that misguided information from... MN is by no means weaker than combat regen

"Regen", here, means "the Regeneration passive". Given that I was answering a question about how it compares to supernatural regen (aka the passive, which is a power in the supernatural group) this should have been evident from context.
    Given how the question was phrased, i'm honestly not sure it was asking about in relation to the passive... but if it was indeed in relation to the passive, then yea... It doesnt measure up...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

cryneting said:

Mend is the HoT buff from Illuminate... I believe ID was supposed to be IDF which is Inertial Dampening Field, and RF is Redirrected Force
    Thank you!
    Psi.
  • Options
    raighn said:

cryneting said:

Woah, woah, woah... I'm not sure where your getting that misguided information from... MN is by no means weaker than combat regen, and it is actually stronger than baseline regen... the only regen's that it is weaker than are out of combat regen and the defensive passive Regeneration. Saraphim's HoT on the other hand is closer to your claims here, but is still a notiable improvement on the base natural regen.

As for the question regarding "super-nat regen" I have to ask what you mean by that. To my knowlege the only way to improve your "nat regen" is through a few specific specs that only increase it by about 30HP/3s tops... And that's still weaker than both MN & Saraphim
    Sorry I was talking about Regeneration, I said Super-Nat, in short, from supernatural
    Psi.
  • Options
    alright... I've just seen some people on these forums in the past use the term "super-nat regen" to refer to boosting the natural regen that everyone has... usually through the Con & Rec stats prior to On-alert... now it's still through those stats but requires specific specs and doesn't really do much
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

alright... I've just seen some people on these forums in the past use the term "super-nat regen" to refer to boosting the natural regen that everyone has... usually through the Con & Rec stats prior to On-alert... now it's still through those stats but requires specific specs and doesn't really do much

I see, well Im thinking, if and well, how NM profroms on my Tech build Im doing, I will be having MN, along with IDF and Illuminate along, with the healing passive from the spec, tree, to see how well I can get a good heal, I won't be going into support mode, as this is to solely effect me, but give teammates some help.

I'll be posting the build soon on a new topic.
    Psi.
  • Options
    rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    My main toon uses medical nanites. People rarely die. I am comfortable with my passive healing.
  • Options
    I have a lady who uses Medical Nanites in a full Support build but also uses archery and is decently damaging. Pre is her main stat and she can not only heal everything around her but the feedback heals from Pre mastery ensures she will be fine under most circumstances and yet she deals rather respectable damage for a Support.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    raighn wrote: »
    The passive heal from Medical Nanites has a wider area and heals for much more than Seraphim's passive heal component... MN could use a buff sure, but it still does what it's intended to do. Each support passive has a particular focus.

AoRP focuses on boosting defence, AoAC focuses on power activations (Cost, CD, Charge time), AoED focuses on team damage, AoPM is rounded with all around stat boosting, Seraphim is rounded with personal damage boosting, a small AoE HoT, and bonus healing... Medical Nanites focuses on an AoE HoT...

Still not a slighty Impressed by this passive, at all!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options

I have a lady who uses Medical Nanites in a full Support build but also uses archery and is decently damaging. Pre is her main stat and she can not only heal everything around her but the feedback heals from Pre mastery ensures she will be fine under most circumstances and yet she deals rather respectable damage for a Support.

Wait wait.

Does Pre effect MN?

What are her powers excaly?
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Does Pre effect MN?
    Yes​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

cryneting wrote: »

Does Pre effect MN?

Yes​​

Huh...

So whuold that make it stronger?, so heals more?, or will it aim to heal other more?
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    cryneting said:

Yes​​

Huh...

So whuold that make it stronger?, so heals more?, or will it aim to heal other more?

Basic understanding on Support Passives, The affects affecting you is scaled by super stats and Role (Hybrid/Support) while Pre scales the team boosting aspect and what role you're in (Hybrid/Support)

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Medical Nanites benefits from any source of bonus healing... Since Pre is one such source, it has a direct effect on MN regardless of if it is a superstat or not. So yes, it would make it a stronger heal.

A quick comparison at Lv40 with sub-par stats & in support role... With ~300PRE & ~200secondaries MN heals self ~450/3s & allies ~500/3s same values but without PRE and it only self ~400/3s & allies ~200/3s... so the PRE scaling affects the allies benefit exactly like the sorcery aura's...

Just for comparison as well... the Regen passive heals ~600/3s with either of those setups...​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    raighn said:

Medical Nanites benefits from any source of bonus healing... Since Pre is one such source, it has a direct effect on MN regardless of if it is a superstat or not. So yes, it would make it a stronger heal.​​

It doesn't work like that. MN is just like any other aura, meaning part for yourself scales with SS and the part for your team scales with PRE.
  • Options
    aiqa said:

raighn said:

Medical Nanites benefits from any source of bonus healing... Since Pre is one such source, it has a direct effect on MN regardless of if it is a superstat or not. So yes, it would make it a stronger heal.​​

It doesn't work like that. MN is just like any other aura, meaning part for yourself scales with SS and the part for your team scales with PRE.
    That's basically what I said, does no-one listen to me?

• Options
    aiqa wrote: »
    Medical Nanites benefits from any source of bonus healing... Since Pre is one such source, it has a direct effect on MN regardless of if it is a superstat or not. So yes, it would make it a stronger heal.

Considering that I actually did an in-game comparison before submitting that post... I can tell you with absolute certainty that bonus healing DOES affect Medical Nanites. It might not get the full benefit of the bonus, but it does still affect it. With PRE MN healed self for ~50 points more than it did without PRE. Identical SS values both tests, the only difference was one had PRE the other didn't. Sure 50points of healing isn't a big difference, but it still shows that PRE does have an effect on MN outside of just boosting the ally component.​​
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Seems weird to me that MN would interact w/ bonus heal like that- doesn't strike me as intended. Checking into it a bit more on the PTS:

- No gear or SSs; just rank 3 MN (hybrid role) = 288 (self) 101 (ally)
    - same as above, but adding heroic offense primary w/ only a sentinel mod (no stat mods; 29% bonus heal) = 288 (self) 101 (ally)
    - w/ 85 Pres (PSS), 45 Con and Int (SSS), no bonus heal: 357 (self) 140 (ally)
    - same as above, but w/ 29% bonus heal added: 357 (self) 140 (ally)
    - w/ 85 Con (PSS), 45 Int and Ego (SSS), no bonus heal: 357 (self), 101 (ally)

I also confirmed that what ya get on the tooltip is what you see in practice- at least w/ the self portion (laser testing).

So I can't corroborate what Raighn observed. It seems like bonus heal and Pres don't have any special interaction w/ the self portion of MN, though (as expected) Pres does affect the ally portion.
  • Options
    cryneting said:

Wait wait.

Does Pre effect MN?

What are her powers excaly?
    Yes, Pre effects MN. It makes it stronger for your allies which in turn can make it stronger as a return value from the Pre Mastery. It also increases the healing from the Sentinel Mastery line.

As for her powers well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFXYg20hg0o