test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Christmas event rewards review

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
I know it's a bit late to be talking Christmas, you only have about three months before it's upon us, but supposing you're not planning anything too new this year could we have a quick review of the rewards for the various Christmas events? The Clarance drops in particular. It's a lot of fun fighting global monsters like Clarance but the drops are a bit underwhelming, especially when you consider that mostly mid to high level characters battle him. A few years back I was lucky enough to get a Clarance bag to drop, it's a 20 slot bag, at the time I had my veteran reward bag (25) and three enormous (22) from the bag vendor (incidentally, with a bag vendor, all smaller bags should be obsolete). That very next April you introduced the first FoxbatCON and allowed us to buy a Reinforced FoxbatCon bag (28).

When many of these events were started it was before On Alert, and while some of the rewards have been updated to the new system, things like the Clarance Bags just aren't rewards when you have a bag vendor. At one time you needed to craft bags sure, and getting a 20 slot bag might have been valuable for a level 30 hero at the time, but now it's more of a boo boo prize. Could we have a review of the rewards for the winter events? Might be nice to have the at least a 22 slot bag for the drop. I'd use that in a heart beat.

Comments

• Options
    Just a minor bump to say: Yay! The Clarance bag is now a 24 slot bag! Also the rewards this year seem far better then years past! Thanks CO team!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Yep. The event is getting a review, with some nice additions. Not everything is in a lockbox, either.
    Good show, jolly good show!
    :)

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    The Cryptic team is really making a lot of great changes IMO. They may or may not have seen this suggestion way back in September but the fact that they're improving the game, adding new archetypes, vehicles, and costume parts shows that they have the pulse of the community now.