test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cybermind not counting for Vigilance

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Gameplay Bugs
I just completed a solo of FATAL ERROR: Cybermind, that is everyone else died and left the instance, so it took me forever to complete, and now I see it didn't count towards my Vigilance missions.

Comments

• Options
    laius3laius3 Posts: 8 Arc User
    The same thing happened to me, but I was in a group. I've beaten Cybermind twice now, and it's still not providing credit for the mission.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You need to do it twice.
    It's same thing with the original daily.
    Some say you need more, but i've managed to ge the mission credit with 2 runs.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    I don't know Finn, that's a lot of time to sink into a mission, it's already the longest special alert, and if you need to do it twice seems like they're punishing the players at this point. Maybe someone at Cryptic could look into this? This Vigilance thing started less then a month ago, seems like they'd want it to have at least one cycle without it breaking.

BTW, I manged to get credit for this on one run with two of my toons, it just didn't take for the third today for some reason. It seems to be delivering mixed results. This is why I've reported it.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I don't know if doing the 1st two missions has nothing to do with it.
    But the bug has been present since the daily.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Well I ran the first two missions today just to be safe and as luck would have it the FATAL ERROR: Cybermind mission took on my vigilance mission. I'm not pleased that this requires so much time to run, the first two missions were okay the first time though, but they weren't exactly memorable missions. Add to the fact that the cybermind mission is so terribly long and boring. Lucky today we only lost one player due to lock out. The mission probably still took a half an hour to complete.
  • Options
    And I just ran a toon that I made and leveled to 40 two months ago, never played any of the Cybermind missions, and the cybermind mission counted on the first try with the Vigilance mission. I really don't know what to say here. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.
  • Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    Yup this bug is going around. Not isolated at all.

I tried fins guess at the solution, winning 2x in a row, and it still failed, same with the random person who was there and did it 2x. Having cybermind/no cybermind/doing it recently seemed to have no change overall,

Best I can see from people texting "no reward" after, everyone gets it or no-one
  • Options
    And I tested again with another toon, never did any of the cybermind missions, just got the Vigilance mission credit. If I have the patience I might try again tonight with yet another toon, but this time I'll have one of the other cybermind missions active and unfinished in my log, see if that causes any problems.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    GOSH DARN IT!

This is exactly what I was afraid with Cybermind when I read about the Vigilance Mission

Same goes with the Daily related with the alert!

Keep an eye on this thread until the next Cybermind rotation​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!