Options

Here's what's coming...

13»

Comments

• Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    gradii wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure INT is going to suffer severely as a stat though, what is there to make it unique anymore after this?

Nerfing cooldown reduction from GEAR makes sense, unlike nerfing INT to the same degree.

INT still has cost reduction on powers, increases energy return on MSA, grants stealth sight, and can still reduce cooldowns to a lesser extent. As a primary superstat, you can still get crazy hold strength with it, gain a large amount of defense penetration, and grant yourself a mini AoPM. You also have the option to gain damage from it through Concentration or Aspect of the Infernal. INT was an overloaded superstat in my opinion, so I don't think it'll be in a bad spot after (if) the changes go through.

I agree the majority of the nerf should have been to gear, but I don't think this is the worst that can happen either.​​
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    purin1 wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure INT is going to suffer severely as a stat though, what is there to make it unique anymore after this?

Nerfing cooldown reduction from GEAR makes sense, unlike nerfing INT to the same degree.

INT still has cost reduction on powers, increases energy return on MSA, grants stealth sight, and can still reduce cooldowns to a lesser extent. As a primary superstat, you can still get crazy hold strength with it, gain a large amount of defense penetration, and grant yourself a mini AoPM. You also have the option to gain damage from it through Concentration or Aspect of the Infernal. INT was an overloaded superstat in my opinion, so I don't think it'll be in a bad spot after (if) the changes go through.

I agree the majority of the nerf should have been to gear, but I don't think this is the worst that can happen either.​​

Wait, you mean cooldown reduction wasn't the sole thing that Int did? But the way people around here are talking I was sure that was all it did! /sarc

As Purin just pointed out, all the claims that Int will be gutted are just hyperbole. It won't even seriously be affected, since people generally use gear to reduce their cooldowns.

Int still has plenty to it and will still be a great stat for many builds.
  • Options
    cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    Seriously, all the characters in my roster that use INT as primary will still be using INT as a primary. Claiming that INT is ruined demonstrates a lack of understanding that makes me ignore the rest of a person's post.​​
    10dsf81.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Heck, I didn't even know that INT reduced cooldowns! I take it for the cost reduction, the stealth sight, and because it's supposed to be an intelligent character (Patchwork, for instance, who used to build gadgets for heroes until Talos blew up her lab).​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    In my mind, some of these fight will be a bit like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q-cBN2iK5w

Could two Gronds fight each other? Anyone know?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

Yes, they can - the SVs will be able to target each other.

And Clark can't dodge for beans. Must've been after the nerf. :wink:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    jonsills said:

Yes, they can - the SVs will be able to target each other.

Cool! New question...

Could Grond fight the Mega-Destroid from the Destroids Rise Again OM?

Oooooh, if so are we gonna see a bunch of Gronds ganging up on the Giant Evil Teddybear? >:) I think we'd all love to see that!

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Health went from 22k to 21k. Game ruined.
    That was the point?
    Learn to Block.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options

Health went from 22k to 21k. Game ruined.

That was the point?

Learn to Block.​​

I've been told the Blocking is for * bleeps *, so I guess I'm a * bleep * cause I still need to Block sometimes.

ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited August 2015

somebob wrote: »

Very interesting.

One big negative I can see - it's gonna make RPing in random overworld spots in MC VERY difficult. At any point, a villain could just drop on your head and wreck your day.​​

What? You mean like in a *GASP* superhero comic book?

Where is the add rep button? Or even a like button? Also, quotes seem to be broken.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Could Grond fight the Mega-Destroid from the Destroids Rise Again OM?

Yes, but it doesn't seem practical to actually beat it before the timer on your transform runs out.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    jonsills said:

All speed, zero reflex?

Has he even trained at all in fighting technique?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    chaelk said:

kyastral wrote: »

Hmm.... I was also hoping to create my own villian, choose my villians' powers and cause consistent havoc like robbing banks and jewelry stores, threatening NPC's, set fires to important buildings, work with signature villians, fight the Champions one on one or challenge the team with my own villian team.

This new content seems boring to me; all you do is "become" a signature villian and battle a team of heroes and/or another signature villian and it is limited to Millenium City. Basically, it's an ongoing zone PVP event that is fast-paced (hmmm.. sounds more like a MOBA perhaps). I am curious enough about it to test it on the PTS, though.

Questions: Will the devices be account or character bound? Will they expire? Will they stack? Will they be tradable/saleable?

it's a mission item. You get the mission, you get the item. So it will be bound to character.​​

Do we know the name of the mission and/or who we go to to pick it up?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    On your map you'll see a few new icons. "Onslaught Agent" and "Onslaught Target". When you log in, you'll get a mission to go to the Agent. Once there, you can get the actual mission to take out 3 Onslaught Targets, and a mission to fight the Onslaught Villains. The first one is where you pick which character you want to play, and it gives you that token.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2015

it's a mission item. You get the mission, you get the item. So it will be bound to character.​​
    Do we know the name of the mission and/or who we go to to pick it up?
    There are three onslaught vendors (one in each part of the city), who give out the mission and item and also provide stores for the onslaught gear.