test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you think Westside looks bad after the invasion...

Check out what the Real Millennium City looks like in our world.

Amazing how accurate Cryptics' architecture design is to the RW Detroit buildings.

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Had a sense of deja vu at the Argent- er, I mean Valero gas station...​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Oh my goooooaaaaaad that building in 2:34 looks so out of plaaaaaaace!!

tumblr_inline_n6wr5jzuqb1s9nclc.gif​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer

It's a shot of Michigan Central Station, as seen looking across Roosevelt Park towards the river, with the Ambassador Bridge glimmering in the background. The areas immediately behind and to its sides are are rail lines. It's a ruin now, alas, but that was once a really beautiful building.

-Splosions

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Stop taking me seriously! It was just a joke about how people reacted to the Ravenswood Academy. :P​​
    biffsig.jpg
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Stop taking me seriously! It was just a joke about how people reacted to the Ravenswood Academy. :P​​

GAWD! BIFF! RELAX!!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    splosions wrote: »

It's a shot of Michigan Central Station, as seen looking across Roosevelt Park towards the river, with the Ambassador Bridge glimmering in the background. The areas immediately behind and to its sides are are rail lines. It's a ruin now, alas, but that was once a really beautiful building.

-Splosions

I'm glad someone other than me enjoyed this, and I think it's quite clear Cryptic did use real world architecture as reference when designing MC, despite popular opinion.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    Some of those buildings looked pretty neat.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    *sigh* I am not from Detroit per se but it is sadly the most well known city from my state outside of Flint and now, like Flint, it is falling into ruin. Just goes to show that you do not need the Qulaar to destroy a city you just need horrible economic strategies and low pay.

Really sad because Detroit was an iconic city with amazing buildings and a really swinging atmosphere once upon a time. This is like what it will be like when New York City fails someday.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    *sigh* I am not from Detroit per se but it is sadly the most well known city from my state outside of Flint and now, like Flint, it is falling into ruin. Just goes to show that you do not need the Qulaar to destroy a city you just need horrible economic strategies and low pay.

Really sad because Detroit was an iconic city with amazing buildings and a really swinging atmosphere once upon a time. This is like what it will be like when New York City fails someday.

Hey. It's on the rebound now. That video is actually celebrating the city's slow return from the brink.