test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are Rampages tailing off?

I know it's August, but gosh it seems like Rampages pop less and less often in the past couple months.
It's hard to have more than one PQ on Fire and Ice. Lemurian Invasion and Skycarrier Defense pop rarely, and usually with only 7 people. Only Gravitar (which was always PUG friendly) is consistent.

What I'm getting at is that Justice Gear is getting harder and harder to get. Newer players might have to play Rampages for months to get this gear, if they don't give up.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The number of people interested in doing rampages pretty much scales with the number of people logged on, so they're fading like everything else.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    It seems like people are all taking a break at the same time. My guess is that there will be some return once this new content hits. Rampages were doomed to fall over once most people got their gear. The only thing that would really help is if you could sell the tokens to other players. Or having anything of value dropping. Put Therakial's Sword as a .1% drop in F&I and watch the hilarity ensue.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    sterga wrote: »
    It seems like people are all taking a break at the same time. My guess is that there will be some return once this new content hits. Rampages were doomed to fall over once most people got their gear. The only thing that would really help is if you could sell the tokens to other players. Or having anything of value dropping. Put Therakial's Sword as a .1% drop in F&I and watch the hilarity ensue.

Yeah, a few people made this exact prediction when the drifter tokens went in. Veteran players tend to have a set or two of Justice Gear already. There isn't enough of an influx of new players wanting Justice Gear to sustain the system, and it can get frustrating enough to quit.

To think, Justice Gear may essentially become "legacy items".

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Well and then there's the fact of having Justice Gear - but there not really being any challenge where it's really needed. I mean you have this great gear - but nothing in the game warrants using it. If that makes sense at all.... we need a serious end game to keep CO going.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    altoryuarchadealtoryuarchade Posts: 1 New User
    I think the items for the justice gear don't drop often enough. I hardly play this game anymore due to the ridiculous rng of the items, especially those ones that drop from the sky command rampage or whatever it is called where it's pretty much essential to have a ship to stand a chance.

I barely have maybe one or two pieces? And that is just for one character, if they want to encourage more rampage activity in my opinion, raise the percentage of the drop of those items. Unless in some patch in the last few months did that, otherwise that's what I think should happen and I say this as someone who had a good amount of hours into the game, lifetime member and has easily over a dozen characters, 3 which are 40.