test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no new contents and expansion for years?

2»

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    my mistake, I didn't mean "look" like, but "feels" like. in the overly campy tone of it. Reminds me of 60's and 70's superhero cartooons
    natesig.jpg

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

my mistake, I didn't mean "look" like, but "feels" like. in the overly campy tone of it. Reminds me of 60's and 70's superhero cartooons

Well stop rubbing your face on the game and look at it instead.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

Not by a longshot. I'm 34 years old. Sometimes my tone might be misunderstood because english isn't my first language though.
    But why would you assume when I speak about the overall tone of current comics I'm refering to their stories? because that's not at all what I've said. someone might not like a particular story, but enjoy the overall tone of the comic. When you talk about relativization of god and evil and heroes and blurring the line between heroes and villains, that's not the tone of them comic, that's part of the storyline.
    I much prefer the current tone comics have, mixing serious stories and some humor, than the overly campy tone comics had in the 60's and 70's.

I am 37 and english is my THIRD language. That defense doesn't hold with me :D
    I think where your coming against people is Champions was never a real comic ( well they did eventually put one or two out. ) Its an PnP when you read the stories and rules its full of the cheesy ZAP! and the hammy POW! Champions will always be campy.

You cant put the current tone of many comics these days into Champions as it wouldn't suit it.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I was collecting xmen and its attachments from 1987 to about 2005. And quite frankly I prefer the older versions. The newer ones seem more like unreality shows, put in problems just to have a problem.
    as for the artwork, eww did they go through some ugly ones during that total period. I think the worst was the one did horrible paintings and you could barely see anything, it was just a mess.
    I have the New mutants set still, original ones. The artwork changes several times through it, thankfully not much.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Some people just need everything to be grimdark. I'm happy with my bright colorful world of big chins.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    I live in a United States where one of the leading candidates for President is Donald freaking Trump.

That's all the "grimdark" I need, thanks.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    jonsills said:

I live in a United States where one of the leading candidates for President is Donald freaking Trump.

If he wins I'm moving back to Canada.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 729 Community Moderator
    jonsills wrote: »

I've heard tales and legends of a Grondald Trump. Art imitates life.​​
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

jonsills wrote: »

I've heard tales and legends of a Grondald Trump. Art imitates life.​​

I will actually be looking to move out of this country if he wins. The most un-American person to run for president and slinging around that he wants American ideals restored... yea whatever.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I don't think he'll win. but the amount of people that wantto vote for him is scary. He is like the most obvious villain from any story and yet many people simpatyze with him.

natesig.jpg

edited September 2015
    Jon, I blame you for turning this into a political discussion. Shame on you.

Now let's get back to the nothing that this thread was originally intended to be about.
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
    Post edited by biffsmackwell on
    10dsf81.png
    edited September 2015
    cynicool said:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell​​

And we can give Defender a pair of uzis and just have him shooting them all the time while making the biggest grimace while swearing like constantly, while Withcraft is on the ground behind him crying and injecting stuff into herself.

And they can come out with a Pouch costume set. Like "Pouch Shirt" a shirt made entirely out of pouches. "Pouch Pants" pants made entirely of pouches. Pouch Cape....etc...

and and and... add a new graphics option... "Grim Dark" mode. All it actually does is turn your brightness down all the way.

And we'll rename FoxBat "DeadBat". And Doctor Destroyer will become "The Edge Lord".
    Post edited by biffsmackwell on
    You guys do know the 90s are over 15 years ago, right?
    natesig.jpg

• sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

You guys do know the 90s are over 15 years ago, right?

The '90s were never over, man!

/pulls on flannel shirt
    /cranks up the Singles soundtrack for the 123,768th time
    /stares longingly at poster of Captain America by Rob Liefeld
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    uugh that one with the giant chest and short arms? XD
    natesig.jpg

• purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    Let's be honest, the 90s didn't actually end until 2004.​​
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
    edited September 2015
    XD maybe, but that's still eleven years ago. Comics are now much much different than they were in the 90s. (luckily)
    Post edited by reiwulf on
    natesig.jpg

• kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    jonsills said:

Also, Deez Nuts is a candidate.
  • cynicoolcynicool Posts: 160 Arc User
    Was it the name?​​
    10dsf81.png
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Yes.
    biffsig.jpg