test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Regular Dev Communication (yay)

Aside from PTS feedback and discussion, which I think is steadily improving since the latest changeover, here is a great example of Dev communication within a forum thread: TC bugs

Aside from the possibility of a long-standing bug being fixed, this thread also shows normal communication, and lets players know that Devs are reading the forums.

Good show.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Agreed, it is quite unusual to see, but unusual in a very good way.

Here's hoping this communication is maintained!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Would point someone at my list of outstanding bugs, but I prefer to see if our devs actually will stick around post their new content update and continue to develop for Champions, or will they be shipped off to other projects in medias res like they have been every single time the Champs team gets a stride.

So while I agree it's refreshing seeing actual dev communication, let's not celebrate until we see that they might actually stick around.

​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Personally I think the devs have been being awesome recently! They are communicating with us in a way that makes it feel like they care about the game. Obviously, players aren't going to have their every request fulfilled, but they have been pretty honest and listen in the PTS forum and are responding to some issues that players have bringing up for a while now.

Whether or not they stick around isn't something I put on them, that sounds more like a corporate thing. But while they are with us in the here and now, I think they deserve some recognition for their performance in the short time in which they've been back :smiley:
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Happy to communicate when we can!
  • Options
    KagamiTheMagicalCatGerlKagamiTheMagicalCatGerl Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Would point someone at my list of outstanding bugs, but I prefer to see if our devs actually will stick around post their new content update and continue to develop for Champions, or will they be shipped off to other projects in medias res like they have been every single time the Champs team gets a stride.

So while I agree it's refreshing seeing actual dev communication, let's not celebrate until we see that they might actually stick around.

​​

Well no one sticks around forever. I'm sure the devs aren't immortal, timeless beings.

Also no... I'm not going to wait to praise them for their communication. If they communicate today, they'll be praised today. If they make content today, they'll be praised today. If they fix a bug today, they'll be praised today. If they did it, they did it, and it doesn't matter what they will do or might do.

If we were all pessimists who refused to praise someone until we had verified that they would never make a mistake or never do something that disappointed us, then the only time people would receive praise was in their eulogies, and even hardly then.

However I am impressed with your ability to remain stubbornly pessimistic no matter what. Wait.. I don't think impressed was the word I was looking for.. ah, close enough.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Splosions actually replied to the thread about new powers being lockboxes. And the reply had actual information, and was realistic.
    Thanks!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.