test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New auto primary mission system

chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
This is more of an annoyance than a bug however...

Ever since the tutorial revamp I've had an issue. Now I like that it picks a primary automatically for you, what I don't like is that it always picks the mission that gives the highest experience points. to the point of ignoring the fact that you still have lower level missions to do.

For example on my current character it actually had me trying to do Westside Intrigue Culmination befor I had completed any of the level 10, 11, 12 etc missions.

The algorithm for the auto-chooser should give lower level missions priority, though highest exp. at lowest level would be nice. That way you don't completely bypass missions because you outlevel them.

And yes I know I could manually choose primary, but that's not the point.
@Powerblast in game

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I REALLY hope this is a Bug and NOT a Feature, it's really Obnoxious!

All my characters have a Forced Mission as primary now
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    I REALLY hope this is a Bug and NOT a Feature, it's really Obnoxious!

All my characters have a Forced Mission as primary now

It is a feature, you can turn the arrow itself though.

I actually like that it sets a primary, as I like using the arrow to guide me to the mission location. What I don't like is the priority it gives certain missions over others, such as always choosing "Help a citizen" missions over Regular mission chain ones.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I keep forgeting that the Mission Pointy Arrow even exist! onion-13.gif
    I got it disabled since the day they introduced it ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!