test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The horrible things this game makes me do.

Now I'm a pretty happy go lucky peace loving Guy, I don't want to hurt anyone, but it turns out if you beat up enough people you get costume unlocks. I discovered this while I was looking over the perks, at first I was thinking:

"5000? That seems like a lot" but then I discovered there's costume unlocks with those perks . . . and I was like "Costume unlocks? Oh it is on!"

So at first I took out the ghost pirates under the sea in Lumeria, they're ghosts, I'm just putting them to rest. That's not so bad. Then I went to Vibora Bay, and there I'm just beating up gangs, so I figure I'm doing my part to stop crime . . . but now I'm on Monster Island, beating up Manamals in their natural habitat. They're just minding their own business, not even hostile, but I get costume pieces if I beat up 5000 of them, and so the designers have forced my hand. Personally I don't know how they sleep at night.

I sleep like a baby though, learned how to absolve myself of guilt you see, and so it's the game designers that are responsible for all the manamal cruelty currently going down on Monster Island. I mean if they'd just give me the pieces all this could stop but I think we all know that's not going to happen.

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    That's not actually true. The Manimals under Father Elk are peaceful; the Manimals of Mal Zver, under the leadership of the Hyena-Swine, are warlike and vicious. You're making Monster Island a more peaceful place by reducing the Hyena-Swine's army.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Well without getting into political or philosophical discussions (I mean does one group have any more right to exist then the other) at level 40 none of the level 32 mobs of manamals are hostile to me. They don't start attacking till I've taken the first shot.
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    At level 40 you're an apex predator and they're respecting you out of fear. At level 30 they'd try to rip your face off and wear it like a hat. It's all a matter of perspective.
  • Options
    Right, or I stay out of their territory and avoid conflict altogether. Hippos are the most deadly of African wildlife (if you don't count malaria carrying mosquitoes) but they don't exactly stalk and kill their pray, they just go hungry hungry hippos on anyone stupid enough to enter their territory. You stay away from Manamal villages and you don't get manamal attacks. Manamals do attack one other though, and UNTIL has chosen to intervene, but apart from the raiders attacking the manamal village they mostly stay in their own area.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Well I'm finished my cull of manimals, 5000 down, and now I'm off to Canada to slaughter diseased animals. It's like the watching the heart wrenching conclusion to Old Yeller X5000. The actual mission would let you cure these animals but for the perk I got to kill them. I hope you're proud of what you're making me do.